It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will Sanders replace all those banking jobs?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
remember what happened when JFK said he would break the CIA into a million pieces.....well....goobye Bernie....

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Perhaps I'm missing something fundamental here ... but since when does the President of the United States have the Constitutional authority to "break up businesses" ... for WHATEVER reason?

I've argued for fairly liberal interpretations of the Commerce Clause in the past, but ... to me, this seems as irrational (and despotic) as some of Trump's suggestions.

Working with Congress (LOL@DAT) to change legislation, sure.

Working within current or future federal laws to change regulations ... sure.

Deciding that Company A (who is not breaking any laws nor failing to meet regulations) should be destroyed ... not within the President's (or the Government's) Constitutional purview.

edit on 12-4-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I am pretty sure Sanders knows he has no authority to do this and is just pandering to the anti-Wall Street faction of the Party.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I am pretty sure Sanders knows he has no authority to do this and is just pandering to the anti-Wall Street faction of the Party.

I really try to take the words that come out of any politicians mouth with varying doses of salt ... but you know what, AM?

I'm not sure that "they" care anymore about even appearing to follow the Constitution.

And that includes Clinton, Bernie, Cruz and Trump ... and most of the ones who have fallen to the wayside.

I've had two arguments over few days in real life (one with a Bernie supporter and one with a Trump supporter) and both of them, when I pushed them to it, stated that they really didn't care about what the Constitution said because Their Guy Was A Political Outsider and Knows How to Work Outside the Law to Get THINGS DONE.

I am mortified that more of us think like this.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I really try to take the words that come out of any politicians mouth with varying doses of salt ... but you know what, AM?

I'm not sure that "they" care anymore about even appearing to follow the Constitution.

I completely agree.

I've had two arguments over few days in real life (one with a Bernie supporter and one with a Trump supporter) and both of them, when I pushed them to it, stated that they really didn't care about what the Constitution said because Their Guy Was A Political Outsider and Knows How to Work Outside the Law to Get THINGS DONE.

I am mortified that more of us think like this.

Odd, I had a similar 'discussion' with someone that likes to engage me in political conversation. They also seemed to think it was acceptable if their person circumvented the Constitution since they were a 'political outsider' who was going to 'fix things'.

I asked how you can fix things by going around the Constitution and it only made them more apoplectic since it seemed, for them, to imply that I was an establishment type, which I am certainly not.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm a little heart-broken at the moment and questioning things in a larger sense anyway ... but the Bernie supporter called me a fascist and the Trump supporter (actually a very erudite person) called me a communist ...

... BOTH because I didn't by into their partisan idealist (both sides) ideological BS and kept repeating "but that's not what the Constitution SAYS!"

I don't understand this world any more.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

We seem to both be in the same boat. The lunacy on both sides is insufferable.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Even worse than that realization is that we're going to "have to choose a side" if we wish to participate in the process.

I don't believe in standing on the sidelines, but, good gracious these false choices get more caustic by the year.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I am not picking any of the 4.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I am not picking any of the 4.

I can sincerely respect that.

PS: Thanks for teaching me something I didn't know about baseball the other day. It smarted, but I got over it.

edit on 12-4-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Even worse than that realization is that we're going to "have to choose a side" if we wish to participate in the process.

I don't believe in standing on the sidelines, but, good gracious these false choices get more caustic by the year.

I'm of the opinion that if you don't like a mainstream candidate the best option is to not vote. Don't vote for an alternative, simply don't vote. The less invested people are in the process the better, because it lowers voter turnout and makes it easier for actual good candidates to gain momentum.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I can sincerely respect that.

I am thoroughly disgusted with what both parties have devolved into. Neither seems to care what the Constitution stands for or that the rights of the citizens are paramount. They would rather pander and make promises they have no intention of keeping or cannot keep.

PS: Thanks for teaching me something I didn't know about baseball the other day. It smarted, but I got over it.

No worries, we are always good. You are a straight shooter.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What does it matter?

It's pretty much rigged. Bernie lost the election before he started.

Your votes mean nothing. Thanks to the super-delegates.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join