It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philip Corso's Notes - Dawn of a New Age

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Well done on finding that correlation between Corso's notes and the 2014 article on "hollow" fiber optics!!!

And thank you for linking Corso's notes in the first place! I read the whole thing the very night you linked it - still feeling a bit cross-eyed from that, actually...

I generally 'skew' more toward Vallee and theories of 'inter-dimensionals' than extra-terrestrials, but -

- I don't know...something about the way Corso's notes are written just seems so genuine...
...then again, he talks about the ships 'traveling' thru the 'time dimension' - appearing and disappearing into/out of no where - so, it's possible that it's some sort of combination of 'factors'...

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Thank you! I was very excited to see that this has only been in earliest development since the 1990's and higher applications are now possible because of it, such as the use of lasers with the fibers, quantum computing potential, etc.

I don't know, obviously, if this is PROOF of anything (in fact, technically speaking, its not) but it sure made my spidey sense tingle... Or maybe Batman is better? As in "Holy Fiber Optics, Batman!" lol!

- AB

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

A rumor I heard about Corso's comments on fiber optics was the discovery of a reflective sheath to make the light energy work right, and that the older human made advances had not yet figured that part into the whole thing.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I ran through the notes for space-related material and found it a hodge-podge of garbled notes with no evidence of first-hand familiarity with the topic.

Specifically -- he just lifted a story Clark McClelland had told about von Braun, that he had lifted from a Tim Good book, a story that Good had lifted from an unnamed Brit UFO newsletter while falsely footnoting its source.

Here are the details and the original research a colleague of mine did on that bogus "von Braun" story.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
To those talking about the typos...

I haven't compared them so I could be wrong, but it looks like the book was scanned and any text versions you see here are just poorly translated/converted by crappy computer software from image to text.

For the best accuracy, download the jpeg archive of each scanned page. Huge download (156 megs or so) but probably way less typos.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Well that's interesting. So was mine.

Yours is the only other BTUFO sighting I've ever heard of described like that.

Did it look anything like my hand drawing?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
I ran through the notes for space-related material and found it a hodge-podge of garbled notes with no evidence of first-hand familiarity with the topic.

Specifically -- he just lifted a story Clark McClelland had told about von Braun, that he had lifted from a Tim Good book, a story that Good had lifted from an unnamed Brit UFO newsletter while falsely footnoting its source.

Here are the details and the original research a colleague of mine did on that bogus "von Braun" story.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Hmm, interesting..
I like "dcman's" latest reply at your link, he presents a good counterpoint to your comments.

But yeah, the McClelland bit does look plagiarized. No argument there.
edit on 13-4-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
One of my problems with Corso's story is that he mentioned the transistor as one of the technologies that were given to private industry. There is so much background info on the work going on in Bell labs With Shockley, Brattain and Moore before and during this time period, not to mention previous demonstrations by Julius Edgar Lilienfeld (1925) and Oskar Heil (1937) who did not patent their works.

Brattain and H. R. Moore made a demonstration to several of their colleagues and managers at Bell Labs on the afternoon of 23 December 1947, often given as the birth date of the transistor. The "PNP point-contact germanium transistor" operated as a speech amplifier with a power gain of 18 in that trial. In 1956 John Bardeen, Walter Houser Brattain, and William Bradford Shockley were honored with the Nobel Prize in Physics "for their researches on semiconductors and their discovery of the transistor effect". Twelve people are mentioned as directly involved in the invention of the transistor in the Bell Laboratory.[8]
Source: WP

Seems we were well on our way to ourselves inventing the integrated circuit... just my 2c

Note: And obviously a big difference between invention and perfection, in which the later, I suppose would have been possible in both scenarios.

edit on 13-4-2016 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Like the sig.

We are on our way to inventing the Warp drive, Replicator, Transporter, Phaser, Death Star, Hyperdrive, Stargate, Universal Translator, Holodeck etc as the first productive step in all human technologcial development is IMAGINING it.

Once imagined, we are on an irrevocable path where time and our ability to stay alive (as a species) are the only barriers.

On a less existential note; a massive amount of recent human developments have come from our ability to see small things either for observing effects or for assisting us to manufacture small components.

The semi conductor industry was partially spawned by the invention of the electron microscope as our ability to opticaly resolve and manufacture had a limitation.

If I was going to pick one specualtive "maybe someone has secret tech that looks like UFO's " it would be that resolving things with electrons is probably not as good resovling things with Photons and we are due some advancements in this area that dont seem to have occurred.

If someone could develop a perfect microscope (quantum microscopy using Photons??) in a secret lab then you could probably deliver some pretty impressive improvements on 20th century tech.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Well that's interesting. So was mine.Yours is the only other BTUFO sighting I've ever heard of described like that.
Did it look anything like my hand drawing?

Exactly KPB the same same witnessed. Nice drawing; the thickness you show of the craft correct to its size I witnessed as well what you saw/drew; gun metal black color as the outer shell was hard; no exhaust; silent! no sound at all; slow moving (could not figure how it was staying aloft) no visible means of propulsion. The edges were sharp/ delineated. Three red lights on the triangular edges and one white in the center that had a ring around it.
edit on 14-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

How can I when I'm the one asking for evidence ?

I did not present the story so how can I possibly have evidence when I'm the one asking for it.

I'll assume for discussion's sake that you read the story where Corso said the soviet base was destroyed by an unknown force and ion emissions were detected from space by the US military at the time of the destruction.

So I'll ask , why the hell are you asking me for evidence when I'm asking for it myself? hahahah

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Mine flew horizon to horizon in 45 seconds; that seemed fast to me.. yours was "slow".
Although my sighting was only 45 seconds, I could see every last detail for about 30
of those 45 seconds, which is very strange to me.

It seemed that the distance from "IT" to me didn't alter my ability to perceive small
details about it.. which when coupled with other things has made me think that it
was projected into my mind.. if not, there was certainly a lot of high strangeness
occurring. I mean, it did change shape 3 times.. but that was it's original form.

Were there any high strangeness aspects to your sighting that you didn't share?

Kev

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Kev,
I havent seen your sighting drawing before but it's pretty obvious the lights featured heavily in your experience.

Why do these BBT's have lights (which we conventionally associate with either navigation or some sort of energetic propulsion discharge ) if they are a none physcial "strangeness" that was projected into your head?

I havent seen a BBT but obviously anything with equally distributed energetic emisions along it's planform is suggestive of a propulsion/navigation/other none spooky raison d'etre no??

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hey folks,

Thanks to Ecktar for providing me a link to a better version of the Notes file!!

Philip J. Corso - Dawn of a New Age - Better Scan Quality!!

You can expand it to full page and it is downloadable in multiple formats.

- AB

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Hello sapien82,

I've been looking into the "monster bomb" and the only one I can find historically is the Tsar Bomba the Soviets tested over the Arctic sea - Corso says the Pacific. I'm not sure if this is a mis-remembering on his part or if he is aware of another such test. The problem with there being another test of this magnitude, is that it would be highly visible and recordable.

I haven't found anything regarding a destroyed Soviet base, but I'm not sure that I would, given that would be an issue of national security that I doubt they would share? In other words, it may not be in the public record. If you manage to dig around and find anything, please post it!!

So, I don't have an answer that fits precisely with his narrative (yet) and there may not be one. Keep in mind these notes were not published, and represent memoirs that never made it to the stage of providing footnotes/citations, as far as I can see. (I think he put in an asterix for where citations would go, but did not complete the process).

I have NO expectation that this memoir is flawless, due to the nature of memory, and that it didn't seem to have that final research phase where one "vets" ones memories. Does that make it worthless? No. I think it is quite possible that there are gems to be mined!!

Here is a very good video on the Tsar Bomba:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: lostgirl

Thank you! I was very excited to see that this has only been in earliest development since the 1990's and higher applications are now possible because of it, such as the use of lasers with the fibers, quantum computing potential, etc.

I don't know, obviously, if this is PROOF of anything (in fact, technically speaking, its not) but it sure made my spidey sense tingle... Or maybe Batman is better? As in "Holy Fiber Optics, Batman!" lol!

- AB

Please take this in the spirit it's meant (friendly discussion), but don't you think you are at risk of reverse engineering something to make it meet the comments Corso made? HG Wells talked about a rocket to the moon at the turn of the last century and then only a mere 69 years later - we sent a rocket to the moon!!!! Was HG Wells aware of alien involvement, or did technical evolution inevitably lead to the developments that allowed this? I'm pretty firmly aligned to the latter.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

I thought the same thing when I first saw it.

But after it changed form to a pyramid, a cube, and then into a ship from an episode of star trek, it became obvious that I was seeing whatever it wanted me to see...pulling images from my memory.

Could it be ridiculous holotechnology? Sure. But it acted much more like a naughty fairie creature playing pranks. There's a reason this sort of thing is called "high strangeness".

Kev

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Fair do's.
You are probably aware it's a well known neurological behaviour for the brain to fill in the blanks using previous experiences when our vision is disrupted or partially obscured.

It's called a "Complex Prediction" and is an evolutionary trait in humans used to minimise surprise and allow higher brain function in the name of survival - a sort of opposite to a feinting goat if you like.

If you saw a craft then suddenly you started seeing things from your memory I believe this would be the most likely explanation as if we assume there actually are exotic silent, floating triangles- we could also assume there might also be some sort of purposeful/"brucey bonus" visual disruption effect as well??

Link so you know:
www.jneurosci.org...

ETA
phys.org...
Better link- dont think its called a complex prediction per se but you get the drift.
edit on 14-4-2016 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Hi AB
That's an interesting find although I haven't had time to go through the notes , will look through at the weekend.

I will say however that as with anything that changes our perception of an event provenance is key , I don't know if anyone else has posted it but I was curious as to where this document originated so had a search , the source of the document is his son Philip Corso Jr.
I found this talk by Philip Corso Jr about the documents ,book and background to its creation , it's in 10 , 10 minute videos and was uploaded in 2009.

I wanted to believe the claims made by Philip Corso Sr but over the years saw his story fall apart , I believe The Day After Roswell is mostly fiction and Corso Sr did it for the money in a time when Ufology was booming , the video above solidifies that view for me , Corso Sr wrote his memoirs but nobody was interested until George Knapp latched on to one small UFO related paragraph in the his manuscript , the rest as they say is history

Don't want to rain on your thread mate but for me if the notes are genuine they are a draft of a fictional work , possibly with inspiration from Mr Knapp.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Back then without an actual spy agency anyone could be a disinformer.

Once a spook, always a spook. Until his dying day. One last job for the company.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join