It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philip Corso's Notes - Dawn of a New Age

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

All I see is a scifi story, and not even a good one.

Just to pick up on the first two claims:

The first night vision devices were being developed by AEG(Germany) in 1935.

Heinrich Lamm was the first person to transmit an image through a bundle of optical fibers in 1930. Before him others have been using bent glass rods (dentists).

More important is that none of this things just appeared, there is a history of continuous scientific and technological advances behind them.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

Heinrich Lamm was the first person to transmit an image through a bundle of optical fibers in 1930. Before him others have been using bent glass rods (dentists).

I'm sure people first noticed water refracted light by simply looking at their legs whilst wading in clear, shallow waters.

I'd bet that light refraction in water was observed for thousands of years but it wasnt until the advent of the printing press when the "offical history of the world" commenced that it got documented and patented by Europeans.

Jacques Babinet was demonstrating light refraction in water in the 1840's and Alexander Bell's prior idea to the telephone (modulated electricity) was modulated light in the Optiphone- which got a patent in the late 1800's so no aliens required.

In fact, it might be fair to say that as long as we can imagine it in a quantum world- the only limitation is the materials we employ to facilitate.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone

originally posted by: moebius

I'm sure people first noticed water refracted light by simply looking at their legs whilst wading in clear, shallow waters.

I'd bet that light refraction in water was observed for thousands of years but it wasnt until the advent of the printing press when the "offical history of the world" commenced that it got documented and patented by Europeans.

Jacques Babinet was demonstrating light refraction in water in the 1840's and Alexander Bell's prior idea to the telephone (modulated electricity) was modulated light in the Optiphone- which got a patent in the late 1800's so no aliens required.

In fact, it might be fair to say that as long as we can imagine it in a quantum world- the only limitation is the materials we employ to facilitate.

That is what I meant with the last sentence.

Pretty much all modern inventions have a technological evolution behind them.

Corso and Co are just playing with the ignorance of their audience.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Any idea which Soviet base Corso is referring to in the incident where it was totally destroyed after atomic tests and they have no idea how it happened but he states there were ion emissions detected above the site from space?

Also what if the aliens are right here in our own solar system hiding out so they wont need to travel vast distances or use super complicated vehicles.

In any case Id like to know if this site was destroyed and its name
any help would be appreciated

if it was any help I can copy paste the whole text into indesign and format it and correct spelling???

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

So far, what I'm reading is that the "aliens" were as advanced as we are now. Fiber optics, night vision, transistors and integrated circuits.

I seriously doubt an alien craft from another world that could use FTL or some other form of travel would still be using fiber optics or have integrated circuits.

Not only but some show I saw said it was revealed the actual inventors of each of these technologies were kind of peeved at the notion that all their hard work was really just 'copied from aliens'.

The semiconductor, fiber optics, kevlar, etc were all long term discovery processes, accomplished step by step, working long hours in company labs to develop.

Reverse engineering of a lighter or camera in the middle ages would have been impossible.

Besides, the real aliens returned for their Roswell craft and personnel in 1952, during the event we know as the Washington Flap.

Corso is full of it.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

have you any evidence that a " soviet base " was " utterly destroyed " ?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Seriously... Tom DeLonge gave us nothing what so ever. I you can't recognise a book sale when you have one dragged down over your head, not to mention to plug his movie, then we are in dire straits.

Tom did nothing but repeat what can be read elsewhere and chose to omit this and that, to make the bits he did "confirm" sound more credible.

AGAIN..... evidence evidence evidence. If you can't back up your words with face testimony then you words are worth #. The same old song with "I can't come forward because I fear for my life" is shullbit.... mostly it comes from old men who are near death anyways, and with life being somewhat meaningless, why fear dying 2-3 years before you would anyways. I mean, if they really mean all that they say they know, if it is really THAT important for humanity and for our safety, they would come straight forward and spill ALL the beans for the sake of everyone else on the planet.... that's what people who care for others do.

This.... this is egotistical money grubbing.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: moebius
a reply to: intrptr

Please note that I am not an apologist for Corso, however, I do think what he says in his notes is being misinterpreted when it comes to technology and tech advancements in relation to UFO crashes. Partly that is because of how he has organized (disorganized) his information.

If you say, for example, "well, we already had Fiber Optics!" you would be correct, and Corso's notes would agree with you too. That's where it gets confusing.

From what I understand (and I've read the sections multiple times trying to put it together), he's saying that in addition to what had already been discovered, what had also been gleaned from post-WWII Operation Paperclip German scientists (who I believe he says had access to UFO crash materials and did R&D on them earlier that Roswell) AND what they found at Roswell, which were ALL combined together to produce advancements over time when integrated with industry. He doesn't give very good specifics but from reading it again, I personally think this is what he means.

Industry and invention/ R&D were not taken from zero to 100 by Roswell crash or other crash information, but instead were added into what was known and could be done, helping to advance the science a few more steps down the road faster than would otherwise have happened. "Artificial acceleration" of what we were already working on, in other words.

Do I believe this to be true?? Heck if I know! I've just barely begun to research this from this angle so, in all modesty and honestly, I'm not ready to make declarations one way or another.

I will say that from DeLonge's book/interview, it was implied that these "crashes" were not accidents, but deliberate "deliveries" of tech to us from The Others. Do I buy into that? Well, no, I don't know what I think about that.

The fun part is seeing if these theories hold together after looking at ALL the variables, including what we knew when we knew it and how far along our technology was before and after, etc. I'm still trying to tease out EXACTLY what he's saying they found, as it's kind of spread out in different places in spite of the 'titled' sections...

Anyway. Thank you for taking a look at the thread! I think its important to not simply believe something without doing due diligence on the research side. It always sparks my own research to see others comments, like yours.

-AB

edit on 13-4-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: sapien82

have you any evidence that a " soviet base " was " utterly destroyed " ?

You know, I'm not even sure that CAN be verified. ??? In other words, we may not have access to that information.

I'm curious about it as well. Did it happen? Is this just made up???

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
helping to advance the science a few more steps down the road faster than would otherwise have happened. "Artificial acceleration" of what we were already working on, in other words.

Except there was no overnight discovery, just a steady progression.

Why are some people unable to give hard working scientists credit, instead of thinking "aliens" just gave them information?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

*sigh* I'm not saying there was an "overnight" acceleration, and neither, in my estimation, is Corso.

I would like to formally give all credit due to the amazing scientists from around the world who through their own efforts and painstaking experiments moved us all incrementally forward. This is a reality!

IF, however, and just IF, we got ahold of ANYTHING, whether German or from ??? that was different or more advanced than what we have, we would deconstruct it and attempt to add it into what we knew, letting industry scientists have access to information that could help move things forward. The whole point of Operation Paperclip was to use German scientists like Werner Van Braun for that very reason...

So, I agree with you that hard working scientists should get credit for their contributions. I'm not sure that any tech we gain from other civilizations/nations is instantly incorporated into our own use, but it must be first understood and attempts made to recreate it.

According to Corso, materials were found that INSPIRED development, but that could not be duplicated, thus implying they were more advanced than we have even now.

- AB

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

No, I was seriously impressed with your whole package there! I'm a writer too, so was just wondering where you hail from.

I'm glad you put up Phil's notes. I have read through most of them. What impressed me most was his decision that ALIENS ARE BAD.

This point is always very confusing as so many groups think the aliens are actually going to save us. There's the whole RAINBOWS AND SUNSHINE crowd along with groups who share Phil's point of view.

I believe that there are a mix of good and bad aliens myself.

Have a great day.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Tome Delonges appearance was is highly unsettling to me. he says he will do something good with the horror story he is producing - he says we should be patient,grateful and not complain and that the peoples that worked on the alien thing in the last 60 years are all heroes. he says that this notes are true- but after reading i´m left baffled. it´s nothing and i agree with some posters here that the inventions like fibre optics are sure not alien tech. it is just so silly.

what i mean is that imo this notes do not add anything of value other than another story - but it is still very interesting and i think the discussion on this thread is actually more interesting than what happened over on the miserable tom delonge ama.

edit on 13-4-2016 by glowdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If we believe the Roswell story, the craft crashed, and was not recovered till 24 hours later. Why would an advanced race of beings leave its material to be discovered by humans? When humans crash airplanes we are out searching for the plane almost immediately. There has to be some logic to why they left the wreckage to be discovered?

It would made know sense to crash UFO's during the Middle ages, Bronze or Iron age. Human beings back then never saw an airplane, computer, telephone any gadgets we take for granted today. If aliens wanted to give us technology, for whatever reason, and we could understand it at least the basics, the time to give us something was in the 40's.

Do i believe Corso? If Roswell was a genuine crash of a UFO and the material was discovered and send somewhere somebody looked at the material scientifically.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: glowdog
Tome Delonges appearance was is highly unsettling to me. he says he will do something good with the horror story he is producing - he says we should be patient,grateful and not complain and that the peoples that worked on the alien thing in the last 60 years are all heroes. he says that this notes are true- but after reading i´m left baffled. it´s nothing and i agree with some posters here that the inventions like fibre optics are sure not alien tech. it is just so silly.

what i mean is that imo this notes do not add anything of value other than another story - but it is still very interesting and i think the discussion on this thread is actually more interesting than what happened over on the miserable tom delonge ama.

Kapany coined the term fibre optics in 1960 after having demonstrated it experimentally in 1954. If Roswell was truly an event where beings not like us crashed. There is a time-frame lapse here. 1947 to 1954 new things could have been discovered?

www.sikh-history.com...
edit on 13-4-2016 by kieran1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Philip Coroso reminds me of Captain Jennings in the book. He's a "spook" so long as it doesn't conflict with being a "Navy" man. .......

Back then without an actual spy agency anyone could be a disinformer.

At this point..it's whatever. Either show the world something or stop blowing smoke up my ass. It gets tiresome, really.

I think Corso is credible. If "they" function on a need-to-know level maybe we don't need to know? or can't know because we aren't smart enough or rationally sophisticated enough to hang out with them? what would it take to convince you? what would it take for the whole world to be exposed to something that has the same level of impact on each society and to the same depth of interest? Reagan was the one who posed the question of a global "threat" and I wonder why does it have to be seen as a threat unless one looks at it from an existential perspective and has their ego threatened. that's why it takes some people a long time to wrap their head around it and they build a perpetually mental stone wall to keep it out. That's what you are doing.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
**INTERESTING DISCOVERY IN REGARDS TO "FIBER OPTICS" IN CORSO'S NOTES**

Okay. See what you all make of this...

What Corso was shown was NOT "fiber optical filaments" like we had back then - they were "unbreakable" and TUBES - i.e. HOLLOW. This is a very important detail because OUR fiber optic filaments have always been SOLID, with a silica (glass) or plastic core.

Until recently, that is, with the NEW DISCOVERY of "Hollow Optical Fibers for UV Light." Hollow Optical Fibers (article dated 2014)

If you want to send light on a trip through optical fibres with as little loss as possible, you should opt for infrared light, as is the case, for example, in the telecommunication networks worldwide. For certain applications, such as spectroscopic investigations on ions or atoms, however, (laser) light in the ultraviolet range is required. But this type of light would quickly damage conventional optical fibres. Researchers from the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Light (MPL) in Erlangen/Germany and of the QUEST Institute, based at the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB), have tested a new type of optical fibre with a hollow core and have found out that this type of optical fibre was able to guide UV laser light without being damaged and with acceptable loss. Their investigations, which they have recently published in the journal Optics Express, are interesting for numerous applications: besides precision spectroscopy on atoms or ions and their use in optical atomic clocks or quantum computers, fluorescence microscopy in biology, the investigation of process plasmas, combustion studies on soot or the spectroscopy of greenhouse gases would be other possible fields of application.

Read more at: phys.org...

So what does Corso's Notes have to say about the "UFO fiber optics?"

first, it appeared to be a bundle of wires. They had broken
loose fronì a type of control panel. The ends of the wires
(about twelve) whicb appeared to be frayed, were intermittentìy ,
emitting brìght colors; upon examìnation it was found they were
not wires, but appeared to be glass or transparent plastic
tubes. They could not be broken or cut and thought to be a
quartz type composi tion
A conclusioni was reached that through them was transmitted
different electro or magnetic wave lengths which accounted for
the various colors. A pulsing current was transmitted through
the tubes . They gave the appearance of earthly fibers, so a
descrìptive terms was applied "Optical Fibers"- In reality
they were optical tubes- Thìs evolved into what is now known
as "Fiber Optics" -

The tubes led to a type of junction box, where certain
fibers separated, and went to mechanism which acknowledged the
color (wave length) and would be activated* How this was done
was not known. No clear defìnìtion was made of the power source,
type of power or how the message was carried.
Fiber Optics began its gìant step forward (1947-1968)
almost (20) twenty years after the fiber harness was found and
analyzed,

(my bold)
I've just been digging into the history of Fiber Optics and suddenly it occurred to me that the actual "fibers" in Corso's notes were hollow. Up until very recently, our fiber optic "pure glass" filaments were not tubes but have solid cores.

What do you think??? I'm not an expert in this field, so perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree here or simply going barking mad trying to make sense of Corso's notes, but IF THIS IS TRUE it is remarkable.

= AB

ETA - another source for the new "hollow" form of optic fibers. Photonic-crystal fiber (hollow fiber optics)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Oh! Well then...ahem... my most humble thanks. *blush*

I'm finding the most interesting thing for me is to "go deep" on the notes and see what can or cannot be verified. There are so many topics, though, that this is a daunting task! As a result, I have read some, only skimmed other parts of the notes, and have done a ton of research on what feels like a few paragraphs.

I mostly write fantasy/science fiction, so the UFO topic is a natural fit for my curiosity. I also had a sighting that I've been wishing I could make logical sense out of for a very long time.

Your compliments are most kind.

AB

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

(yes, I'm replying to myself...lol! Here I am practically jumping up and down with excitement and NO ONE has seen my post yet!!)

THIS stood out for me as well...

The new hollow fiber optic cables have some very interesting uses!

Their investigations, which they have recently published in the journal Optics Express, are interesting for numerous applications: besides precision spectroscopy on atoms or ions and their use in optical atomic clocks or quantum computers, fluorescence microscopy in biology, the investigation of process plasmas, combustion studies on soot or the spectroscopy of greenhouse gases would be other possible fields of application.

Read more at: phys.org...

Plasmas? Quantum Computers??? Very interesting indeed....

- AB

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: vethumanbeing
Some people see things like this or even more undeniable. But all we get on ATS are pictures of balloons, Chinese lanterns and poor shaky exposures of the planet Venus.Its almost like something outside of time entirely is maximising the frustration...like leprechauns whose pot of gold can never be stolen, no matter how many times its seen.

Frustrating to be sure. I know what I saw and everyone else on that road that early evening; all got out of their vehicles and stopped traffic for 20 minutes to experience. Silence, awestruck. Not a blimp; it was low enough to see was made of a hard material; 3 red lights on the corners; a white one in the middle.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join