It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Colonization of Mars is a Dumb Pursuit.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: luthier

working on my engenering degree now and was a missle monkey as a young man.

An "engenering" degree? That's gonna take you awhile.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

never said i was working on my spelling/typing deggre

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

the only way to prove my personel claims would break the rules and be a stupid move on my part, either way though i dont have to prove anything to someone that just still cant get it.

You have no prof, I have no prof, therefore this argument it moot.

This is the third time ive said it in so many words.

I hope it gets through this time.

BTW I noticed how you used your thesaurus app to make it look like you are a well read individual in your last post, remember though, looks are not everything.

You can read my post history across several years. I have a degree in philosophy which makes it obvious when trolls have no idea what they are talking about.

And yeah I can prove it.

My uncle was the project manager for the space shuttle fuel cell. We have several people here who are engineers and a few affiliated with space x.

They provide actual proof when they make claims.

Thats how arguements work.

If you can't prove it you may as well keep your secret illuminati technology to yourself or go on the Alex Jones show. Where one doesn't need proof to make claims.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

Again, one of those problems that would have to be solved, and the resulting technologies could them be brought back to earth and adapted to applications here. What could we do with our nuclear technology with better radiation shielding or even containment for example?

Think of the money needed to pull this off as an investment in Earth's future. You are assuming that our technology would remain static. It wouldn't; it would have to improve and drastically. You are assuming that any such colonization and improvements for it would happen in a vacuum. Again, they wouldn't. Things useful to colonization would have practical applications back on Earth making life better for everyone back here.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

sure you uncle did and sure your a philosophy major.....

see how that works.

Its sad such smart individual as yourself been degraded to going back and forth(unnecessarily) with such low IQ individuals that believe in conspiracies.
such a wasted talent

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: reddragon2015
I think we should stop any colonization of Mars or any other planet and learn to keep this one first.
Dinosaurs would disagree with you, if they were still around to.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

sure you uncle did and sure your a philosophy major.....

see how that works.

Its sad such smart individual as yourself been degraded to going back and forth(unnecessarily) with such low IQ individuals that believe in conspiracies.
such a wasted talent

Well I can prove it by offering ideas and concepts within philosophy. Which is a lot more than you are doing. Do you want to talk Kant? Or Spinoza? How about Russel? Or are they all part of this mass conspiracy.

I can offer where and when my uncle worked and for what company.

You are making claims without any indication at all you have an understanding of propulsion.

Nothing wrong with conspiracy theories if they have at least a little evidence.

edit on 11-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

Why? I think we should stop any colonization of Mars or any other planet and learn to keep this one first. We have here is a rare life supporting planet right where we are.

They're not mutually exclusive goals by any stretch of the imagination and expending effort toward either does not detract from the effort put into the other.

It's just with all these people celebrating about Elon Musk and his landing of booster blah blah blah.

I don't remember any parades. There was a news blip though.

Do you really think this guy cars about the environment at all? Selling an electric car for 80k a pop?

The Model 3 is actually selling for $35k.

Stop celebrating useless stuff, like putting a man on mars, and how about we save the rhino's. Oh wait, they're already gone as of today.

Rhinos aren't "gone" and a couple of the species have been making a come back. By your logic though, we shouldn't concern ourselves with rhinos because we've got other things to worry about like people murdering one another. How can we spare the time to care about conservation when people are killing people every day?

Wake up people. Elon Musk is not a savior nor a pioneer. Just another douche with money.

Why all the hate for Elon Musk? The guy bought the Lotus submarine car from The Spy Who Loved Me ffs.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Again, one of those problems that would have to be solved, and the resulting technologies could them be brought back to earth and adapted to applications here. What could we do with our nuclear technology with better radiation shielding or even containment for example?

Think of the money needed to pull this off as an investment in Earth's future. You are assuming that our technology would remain static. It wouldn't; it would have to improve and drastically. You are assuming that any such colonization and improvements for it would happen in a vacuum. Again, they wouldn't. Things useful to colonization would have practical applications back on Earth making life better for everyone back here.

It isn't worth the money when we have deserts right here.

Colonization of other planets is ridiculous for the reasons I detailed in my initial post in this thread.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

what does breaking the sound barriers have to do with the colonization of mars? off topic or bad analogy.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus Are you sure it's not the elite's survival once they turn our planet into one as barren as Mars.
If the rich powerful people don't care enough to care for our planet Earth, with mega corporations like Monsanto and the use of pesticides killing off our pollinators (Bees...) and big Parma and major construction companies logging away forests and the Amazon for the profit and housing of the elite, then also, who is to say if and when Mars becomes terraformed and habitable, Mars will even be taken care of?
Earth first!... home to more than just the robotic elite!
Plus, I imagine, much of Mars will be built upon the backs of the poor and downtrodden paid little more than a slaves wage... much like the elite Dubai.
I say, wait till the aliens make theirselves known and share their technology with us... then lets explore space... or get eaten and or harvested by the aliens.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

originally posted by: ketsuko

It isn't worth the money when we have deserts right here.

Colonization of other planets is ridiculous for the reasons I detailed in my initial post in this thread.

IYO

I think he an the investors can do what they want. Obviously if we want explore space we are going to need places to mine material and have outposts.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

brother, no one expect you to spell everything correctly, but the damn title of ur degree u should know how to spell at least.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: reddragon2015
a reply to: thesaneone

what does breaking the sound barriers have to do with the colonization of mars? off topic or bad analogy.

Well let's see it would be an accomplishment of a lofty goal and technological breakthrough.

A lot of other uses for the technology that gets developed for the space missions ends up happening.
edit on 11-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

stupid logic, quantity does not always yield better than quality. chances of people living on earth is hell lot better than on mars, doesnt matter how many colonies we have on there.

link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

Your "statements" are wrong (and of course unsourced):
Ex: - Rhinos - A concern yes,but no, not gone yet,not by a longshot
www.savetherhino.org...

Enviromental issues will be fixed with knowledge, not ignorance.
Technical and scientific accomplishments are to be celebrated.

But in your view, Musk is a "douche"...this says more about you

link   
Insanity personified.

Knock yourself out.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

break sound barries = useful technology on earth. Colonizing mars isn't anything but a rich man's ambition and a circle jerk of people who support it.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

www.mnn.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

The last Western Black Rhino went extinct in 2013.

I guess that's okay as long as we waste billions colonizing a dead rock.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join