It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I was struck with multiple blows': inside the secret violence of Homan Square

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Burnitalldown

As a 45 year citizen who has lived here in Chicago all of my life, I can say for sure that is correct about the people's attitude toward this, the citizens don't care what Chicago police have to do to get rid of the crime problem here.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
the citizens don't care

Then maybe the citizens need to organize, rise up and take matters into their own hands.

Oh ... that's right ... hardly any guns in the hands of the 'law abiding' ...

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MystikMushroom

My personal plan is to trim 10% from every department across the board every year until we are running in the black. Then we look at priorities. It so happens that military is a COTUS priority where some other things are not.

Wow, You can do that? I'm impressed!!

Yes we can.

(thanks for making that so easy)

# 623

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MystikMushroom

We so seldom get into that discussion.

There are places the military budget could be trimmed.

My personal plan is to trim 10% from every department across the board every year until we are running in the black. Then we look at priorities. It so happens that military is a COTUS priority where some other things are not.

A military defense is a Constitutional responsibility, an offense is not. If you want to get right down to it, the founders didn't look too highly on the concept of a standing army. Of course, since the military is the biggest welfare program in the country right now, it's not going to go away.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
That place sounds a little bit like the Lubyanka.. Scary!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah, and that's just shootings--I'm talking about all crime overall. It's utterly ridiculous.

I live within the Greater Cincinnati Metro area, and it's no picnic here, either--seems like every night there is another shooting, or a beating, or a burglary, or a whatever. Overdoses and shootings are the foundation of the news around here, it seems.

And people who have never lived outside of a large metropolitan area wonder why people say that vast urban areas are a major contributor to the decline of civilization...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Local news story, this is why nobody cares when some kid gets gunned down by the police

top topics

<< 1   >>

join