It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Tom DeLonge, Co-Author of Sekret Machines: Chasing Shadows, Ask Me Anything

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Jason88

potential God

Is that like an entity in training wheels? Or a student working on his GOD degree, The whole question of a "potential god" reeks of quantumness.

I think we use the term GOD a little to loosely....

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I edited my post to be more clear, I'm talking about materialism vs. Simulation. And where gods or aliens possibly have a hand as the science that even Einstein couldn't debunk is... well... insane. I think the ancient alien theory can fit firmly in there but the quantum scientists themselves tend to turn to God.

edit on 12-4-2016 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Just some personal, general observations...

After about 24 hours, this thread contains over 600 posts (less removals, mainly for lapses in manners), some of which are rather lengthy. Just reading that many posts takes a hell of a lot of time.

The shorter a question, the more likely it will be read and answered. Comments that aren't actually questions are much less likely to garner a response.

Here are Tom DeLonge's posts in this thread.

It is extremely unlikely he will be able to read all of this, let alone answer all of it, so inferring anything untoward from that becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

"Ask Me Anything" isn't the same as "I Can Answer Everything", or even "I Can Read 600 Posts A Day".

Just sayin'

P.S. That said, there are some good suggestions regarding format and organization. For now, this is what we have, but thanks to everyone offering constructive feedback.

edit on 4/12/2016 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Gods, aliens, dieties in training... lol. Something unknown with its hand in our reality. I *think* we're all about to get more heavily exposed to the simulation theory whereby all of these otherworldly topics fit in nicely.

ETA : For the uninitiated members the simulation hypothesis even fits into Astr0's epic thread in the forever man context.

Maybe Tom is heading there in later media outputs.
edit on 12-4-2016 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jason88

Gods, aliens, dieties in training... lol. Something unknown with its hand in our reality. I *think* we're all about to get more heavily exposed to the simulation theory whereby all of these otherworldly topics fit in nicely.

Wouldn't that be nice!!

On the other hand, humans with their limited senses is analogous to trying to teach a poodle how to play chess; it's an exercise in folly and annoys the dog.

We're not quite ready to understand the cosmos; and the "GODs" aren't helping much. In fact more of a detriment than a positive force in our salvation.
edit on 12-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hi Tom!

Big fan since 97!

Listen, from the feel of some of your lyrics I always thought of you as a Christian.
Am I completely wrong? Do you feel Jesus Christ fits into this whole "scenario" and that UFOs are Demon observers?

I'd really appreciate a response

Thank you and much love from Canada!

Ps - Tunnels and Breathe are my fav songs!
edit on 12-4-2016 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Now that we can assume it is officially over, let me just say I am super grateful and will not complain.I don't mind that we didn't really learn much, I mean we have waited this long what is another couple of years really gonna hurt right?

I am super stoked about the opportunity we will have to "buy" into this franchise, I totally can't wait to stand in line for the movie err docuseries, buy the action figures, play the video game, dress up for Halloween, etc. I am glad you are modeling your controlled disclosure after the Star Wars Franchise, that is brilliant! I can't believe no one ever thought to do a multi media campaign for their inside info, its so 2016 though I guess.

Thank god you had the ability to be persistent and get those doors open for you. Is there any way to just pre order the next 5 books and docuseries and action figures and stuff? I would prefer to just pay for all of it now and get it over with. Will you have financing available?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

the more you stress a plant through specific ways in each generation it will become stronger. such is life.
maybe major incidents can happen to create bigger shifts in consciousness, the more terrible the incident, the bigger shift, maybe the FEAR factor is designed to strengthen the species, war, famine, murders etc, are just steps along the murky path to the ultimate truth, and maybe i smoke to much weed.

you wanna know a secret,
placebos work with truth
knowing is everything

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

"The gods" are doing everything in their power to keep us ignorant, confused, and at war with each other and the world.

Now thats not very friendly is it?

Everyone assumes good vs. Evil.

Everyone assumes they know "what the gods are".

But they don't know; quite obviously.

7 billion people assuming they understand "God" or the lack of one.

This basic confusion underlies all human thought and activity--influences all fields.

Little red wagon.

Kev

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TomDeLonge

Those people also know that there of been numerous crashes from a race that has been manipulating all sides against each other for quite a long period.

Thanks Tom.

Are you referring above, to the Orion group? If so, this group seems to be concerned with spreading the distortion of "service to self."
If humans were to accept and practice the concept of "service to other selves," the negative group's influence would be greatly diminished. JMO.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Gods of the past are true ok? Where i come from the myths do describe conflicts between man and another race in the past.. How far this goes back not sure? The Church dates the Tuatha de Dannann arriving around 4000BC

The Christen Church believed them to be fallen angels or pre- christian gods.. Historians have speculated the Tuatha de Dannann, came from Greece or the Middle Eastern, around 3200BC. Historians think it was migration. A foreign tribe arrived Greece?, and to the locals they were gods because they had superior technology?

Stories about the Leprechuan (small people) and blonde haired gods can be traced back to those legends of the past. The Church in Ireland wrote a book called Lebor Gabála Érenn in the 11th century describing the Tuatha as blond haired gods.

edit on 12-4-2016 by kieran1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Tom, don't forget about my question it's on page 8. I know you're famous and beautiful and busy and what not. But I've just been waiting by my phone for what seems like forever having on to every post you make waiting for my reply.
not everyday you get to talk to your hero.

Do you also know if any other type of life out there has tried to contact us that we just aren't aware of yet?

Thanks Tom. I don't care if people say you're gay I think you're pretty cool hahaha

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Everyone assumes they know "what the gods are".

I assume "the gods" are off planet opposing political powers fighting over control of earth.

I assume the "war in heaven" was a real war between "the gods".

A Federation of Planets (or something like that) intervened requesting a plan from each group. One group wanted to control earth, the other wanted to give free will. The free will plan was chosen and now we get to survive or annihilate our species.

Question is: was there a timeline? Did the implemented plan have an end date?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MistyMcKenna
Tom, don't forget about my question it's on page 8. I know you're famous and beautiful and busy and what not. But I've just been waiting by my phone for what seems like forever having on to every post you make waiting for my reply.
not everyday you get to talk to your hero.

Do you also know if any other type of life out there has tried to contact us that we just aren't aware of yet?

Thanks Tom. I don't care if people say you're gay I think you're pretty cool hahaha

Misty you just won the ATS award for best post. I don't care what they say about him either, eh is pretty cool and doesn't afraid of anything.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: kieran1

The ancient stories of the Tuatha De Danann and others in Ireland and today's "UFO's" have staggering comparisons.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I thought that the general consensus was that Robert Morningstar was thoroughly and completely debunked?

Kev

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekandYeShallFind
a reply to: kieran1

The ancient stories of the Tuatha De Danann and others in Ireland and today's "UFO's" have staggering comparisons.

You should talk to beanSidhe about that...shes awfully good with Irish folklore as she lives there.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: Annee

I thought that the general consensus was that Robert Morningstar was thoroughly and completely debunked?

Kev

"They" say he's debunked.

But, try and find any real info/proof to back that up.

I have never found any info on exactly who he is. Where he comes from. What his real name is. etc etc

Proof on the flip side doesn't seem to be there. Only accusations.

However, what he says makes the most sense to me of anything I've heard. I'm not saying he's straight up - - I'm only saying it makes the most sense to me.

edit on 12-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
what do you think these "gods"/aliens want with our souls?
edit on 12-4-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Aliens fighting over us?

I doubt it

Even we don’t start fights over animals why should more advanced aliens waste time fighting over a self destructive race of damned fools

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join