It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Tom DeLonge, Co-Author of Sekret Machines: Chasing Shadows, Ask Me Anything

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Tom, is there any proof, any shred of evidence, you can give us right here and now to back any claim?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

..but once they get in Earth's orbit, they suddenly become crash prone, leaving numerous wreckage sites laying around, some with bodies of little aliens laying around (some still alive) for us ignorant humans to find and let their technology be stolen.

A monkey, which is maybe 100,000 years behind us, could pick up a flashlight---one of the simplest of devices--and could never figure it out. But here come the humans--- we are still using vacuum tubes--and we reverse engineer star ships in under 20 years.. of an alien, possibly non-humanoid species that might easily be 100,000 years ahead of us or possibly millions of years ahead of us..when using equal logic an alien flashlight should be just as impossible to us as our flashlight is for a monkey.

Is this logical to you? I know you can just as your "answer man"; but let's say that you couldn't.. would these crash-prone,
easy to steal from aliens be logical to you?

Thanks,

Kevin

A ship made to travel in space might behave quite differently when under the influence of the gravity of a planet. Especially if the propulsion was gravity-based. Not beyond the realm of thinking it could have difficulties or crash. Perhaps not a bunch of them.. but.. some.

As far as how old they might be, I'd think any visitors would be the least advanced of those that might visit, if only based on a "who is closest to us that can travel in space" sort of way. Just imagine us.. if we discovered how to travel to other stars without having to take a thousand years. We could do that in say.. who knows.. even 500 years? Not at all beyond the realm of belief, what-with how fast we are progressing with quantum mechanics, among other things. An "advanced" race of being might not really be all THAT advanced. 1,000 years? 2k maybe? It's quite the assumption to think they are 100k or 1 million years more advanced.

Tom - thanks for your input, love it so far! Might pick up your book and read it. I actually thought Corso was a fraud.. perhaps I will revisit the theory.
edit on 11-4-2016 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

(post by MoreFoolYou removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I gotta say, I'm a little sad that Debunktion.com doesn't actually go anywhere cool. The Secret World is a great example of a constructed fiction about con-theory where the websites, personalities and locations contained therein each had their own web-presence, for lack of a better word. I would have thought such things would be standard issue at this point.

Still -- Sekret Machines is a hell of a ride, and I am enjoying your narrative.

P.S. Don't think for a minute I didn't pick up on your use of SEK in the title. "Power, light and energy" abound, if you know which buttons to push. Nice work, that.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TomDeLonge
Hey Tom what is your beliefs in what Love is? I've always listen to both your Love albums and just tried to figure out what is your beliefs in Love. Plus thank you for making amazing music I enjoy listening to all the songs you've wrote in Angles and Airwaves when I'm am down or if I need to keep my mind off of things.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

But I can't fathom how some species perhaps a million years ahead of us in knowledge and technology can fly across half the universe with the greatest of ease.. dodging black holes, grains of dust at relativistic speed (one grain of which would pulverize them if it struck their craft

What if they are just 300 years ahead of us?
What if their craft contains critters that are just AI ?
What if the soul is what interests them?

Do you know what the odds are of being just 300 years ahead of us? I don't.. but such a close match
seems highly unlikely. But let's say that they are 300 years ahead of us.

They are still awfully crash prone. Does that seem bizarre to you? It does to me.

Their craft is just AI? I find that quite likely.. in fact I find that infinitely more likely
than biological aliens.. but the stories are universally about biological aliens it would
seem.

What if the soul is what interests them?

That's what Tom said.. and you know it is my view that "human tulpas" are indeed a hot little
commodity that's why I asked Tom about that.

I'm not trying to trip him up or play games with him in any way.. I'm asking a couple common
sense questions.. just follow-up questions to things he's already said. That's fair enough, no?

Kev

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Just saying, they don't have to be a million years ahead, we are clueless on anything regarding crashes or their years of advancement over us, truth be told and I'd say less have crashed than we read about.

I think we are aligned to TD regarding the soul thang.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Maybe I'll throw another out...

Tom, you have any thoughts as to whether or not SES teams are using dreaming humans to calculate and crunch numbers from on board the triangles?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

So they can create ships that fly effortlessly across half the Universe dodging literally hundreds / thousands of insane technical hurdles in space.. but can't master F=M*A to compensate for a one gravity field, without becoming crash prone?

Really?

I'm flabbergasted by the extreme lack of grade-school-level science in most UFO threads.

And I'm a complete push over compared to Phage or Admirethedistance.

Kev

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TomDeLonge
All the small things
True care truth brings
I'll take one lift
Your ride best trip
Always I know
You'll be at my show
Watching, waiting, commiserating

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Who says they did crashed because a malfuction of the ship, UFO or whatever you may want to call it?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomDeLonge
It's the best your ever gonna get, so I'd listen a bit if I were you. You treat this materiel and the men working on it like its a joke. It's a subject that they have lost lives over, something that almost ended up in Nuclear war. Please be grateful and stop complaining- a reply to: raedar

Ya'll heard the man, grateful and stop complaining.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Maybe to you they seem like common sense questions....but even today, what IS common sense?

Hmmm?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Just saying, they don't have to be a million years ahead, we are clueless on anything regarding crashes or their years of advancement over us, truth be told and I'd say less have crashed than we read about.

I think we are aligned to TD regarding the soul thang.

Well Tom said there were numerous crashes. I wasn't even going to bring it up.

Now "Souls" --- if it weren't for "souls" there may have been peace on Earth for Millenia..
once you believe in them.. or even "have one" whatever "a soul is", then you have to fight
and die for it.. it becomes this incredible obsession that changes everything....

Perhaps this is why some cultures and religions have more wisdom in this matter than
others. Without "souls" humans wouldn't get obsessed about "heaven" and "hell", rather
than not crapping up the planet.

Kev

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: eldemie
Maybe to you they seem like common sense questions....but even today, what IS common sense?

Hmmm?

Yup.

There is nothing common about good sense.

Or so thought Samuel Clemmens (Mark Twain)

Kev

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexDJ

Who says they did crashed because a malfuction of the ship, UFO or whatever you may want to call it?

You are suggesting that they crashed and died on purpose?

Were they shot down?

(radar had barely been invented..and it wasn't looking for aliens! certainly not in Nevada!)

Or what is your theory?

Kev

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Do you think theres only one type of "alien" species visiting trading and doing business has usual on earth...

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Tom, thank you for taking the time to come here, and thank you SO much for all of the creativity and talent you've put into your projects. Anyone can be a critic, but very few people in this world create, and continuously 'create' on a professional level.

I went and ordered the book as soon as I heard your interview on Coast2Coast.

I'm sure you expected criticism from others, as this is a heavy topic. Criticism can be a fire by which one purifies one's presentation and hones in on their project, although I don't need to tell you that, lol.

Here are some questions if you get around to them:

1. Do you think the ETs have had direct contact with other governments/civilizations in the past? I assume you do, since you mention these are the "gods" of the past, so my follow up question to this is: The General you speak about, does he have any specific take on how these beings might inject themselves into various societies? For instance, the crashes obviously gave us technology and alerted us to their presence, but do you think they communicate with us in other ways? Throughout time, what do you think they might have done to make people aware of them?

2. Where do you think they come from? Is there a particular star system?

Thank you so much!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

originally posted by: TomDeLonge
It's the best your ever gonna get, so I'd listen a bit if I were you. You treat this materiel and the men working on it like its a joke. It's a subject that they have lost lives over, something that almost ended up in Nuclear war. Please be grateful and stop complaining- a reply to: raedar

Ya'll heard the man, grateful and stop complaining.

For the record, I actually never complained and all I did was restate the very little info he gave. This turned out as I expected so I wasn't let down

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexDJ

Do you think theres only one type of "alien" species visiting trading and doing business has usual on earth...

This is Tom's AMA, I'll refer that question to him.

If you want my answer, you can PM me.

Kev

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join