It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Tom DeLonge, Co-Author of Sekret Machines: Chasing Shadows, Ask Me Anything

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Do aliens like music?

If they do, do they like jazz, rock, classical or what?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Tom,

What is the single best piece of evidence you've seen or heard for the existence of extraterrestrials? (And where did you get it?)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

Ah, yes! My namesake pops up in yet another form!

Well said and referenced, Ancient King!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TomDeLonge

Hi Tom,

so many questions are already asked I also would like to know the answer to. What is left for me to ask...then...is:

Are you and/or your co-author are using a soft-ware program to construct you story-line, your plot? For example Dramatica-Pro?

It would interest me, because I can't affort to buy the book, so I have to ask you directly if you use such soft-ware. If I would read the book, I would probably know if you did. So...sorry for asking.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Come on! Clearly the aliens listen to a LOT of Bowie, and maybe a little Church of Entertainment Hedonism.

I'm just saying.

(post by Naturallywired removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Hi Mr. DeLonge, thank you for being here to answer our questions. I’m afraid I missed the time window for your AMA, but maybe you’ll check back in with the late posters. I’d like to run something past you, and if I’m mistaken at any point, I hope you’ll correct me.

I think you have the best intentions, and that you put a lot of work into this project. Congratulations on the launch. Bearing that in mind, here’s the picture I’m getting:

To me, it looks like whatever group your high-level source was representing stripmined the work of the top five ET-focused members on this forum, and distilled those threads down into a concentrated narrative. Your source gave you the cliffnotes version, and maybe showed you a "reverse engineered ship" or two. You were then positioned to feed this narrative back into the user base, and by extension, the UFO community.

The folks who have a vested interest in keeping this industry alive made a smart move when you were selected to be the vehicle for delivering the ubermeme. There’s an expanding vacuum in the market as the community ages, and I think you are going to be great for bringing the millennials into the fold.

So, I guess my question is, did you ever have a moment of doubt over the information given to you by your source? Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hello Tom,
Do you believe Clifford Stone?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Naturallywired
I think at this point Mr Delong is no longer posting. He only posted for about 45 or so minutes. Was he chased off?
Here is a point I will make, there are people on ATS that destroy any worthwhile post on ATS. Maybe the mods should start keeping watch on these individuals and stop post banning actual people who like this site?

I give ATS about six months before it falls apart because of the over zealous and bigoted modes they have here.

I believe people have brought up legitimate questions, such as "why you, of all people?"

I would like to see that question answered.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Are there emo poser punk wannabe aliens?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Schmoe1223

I think at this point Mr Delong is no longer posting. He only posted for about 45 or so minutes. Was he chased off?
Here is a point I will make, there are people on ATS that destroy any worthwhile post on ATS. Maybe the mods should start keeping watch on these individuals and stop post banning actual people who like this site?

I give ATS about six months before it falls apart because of the over zealous and bigoted modes they have here.

I believe people have brought up legitimate questions, such as "why you, of all people?"

I am not denying that. no not at all.

link   
a reply to: Naturallywired

Or maybe he's just busy. I'm sure if we had "chased him off" SkepticOverlord would have said something by now.

I guess if we did chase him of then he needs to grow a thicker skin but I seriously doubt that's the case. SO and Tom DeLonge knew what this was. ATS is nothing if not intellectually grueling. In sure someone warned him.

link   
Why not simply post your question and await the answer....enough with the rest of the crap....we don't really need it here...

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Have you heard any alien music (or art)and if so, what did you think?

have you tried to get some of your music to them? If so, what did they think of your skills?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Schmoe1223

I am not denying that. no not at all.

My apologies

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Why is it kept secret.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness
Are there emo poser punk wannabe aliens?
This right here is what i was referring to.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
disclosure isnt gonna happen with a 30$ book coming from a guy with an estimated net worth of $60 million.Tom why dont you do it for free? also why not doing a live stream with a live chat,its seem like it would be a better way to do a Q&A than this.If you tell people its free,they all go crazy and listen but if you try to sell something,most of em will not.today you came to ats to show your book and then answer a couple question with a yes or no and then it was done.how much will be the documentary?sorry for my english.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

"Cheshire Cat" came out in 1995 (ish?) so that's 21 years. I'm sure there were tracks played from that record on KROQ in Los Angeles (and many others). Songs broadcast over FM or AM are basically radio waves, travelling outward at the speed of light from Earth, meaning any aliens within 21 ly have likely heard (parts of) Cheshire Cat, even if they haven't made the trip to our "club" personally.

So that's Alpha Centauri, Tau Ceti, Sirius, Procyon, Altair and 40 Eridani, at a minimum.

"The more you know!"

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Tom, one more if you'll indulge me.

In this article- www.avclub.com...

You're quoted as saying:

“gathering 150 hours of top secret testimony specifically for Congressional hearings on government projects and the US secret space program. People from NASA, Rome, the Vatican, you name it, they’re all on there. The top 36 hours that summarized the best parts of all of that footage, I had it hidden in my house for a period of time, and during that time I was flying this person out along with somebody that was Wernher von Braun’s right-hand assistant. Wernher von Braun was a Nazi scientist that we brought over to build our Apollo rockets that got us to the moon, and on his deathbed he told this person a bunch of stuff, and I was flying them out to Los Angeles and we were taking certain meetings.”

Can you elaborate on the content of this top-secret testimony and how you got it?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join