It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Tom DeLonge, Co-Author of Sekret Machines: Chasing Shadows, Ask Me Anything

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: schuyler

1. This guy claims to have been "told" some UFO stuff, so immediately all the posters here ask questions about every known UFO story there is, as well as questions about the nature of the universe. My question about that is, "What is the limit of your knowledge?" Are you now suddenly a UFO expert who makes Isaac Koi seem like a dabbler in UFO phenomenon?

Pretty sure he said he asked questions, some were answered, some were not.

That he believed those he asked the questions of were telling the truth.

I don't see where he's claimed anything else.

Which is why I said: "And one of them [the points] has nothing to do with the OP himself:" My question was more directed at posters themselves, who have asked wide-ranging questions over the entire matter of UFOs plus the nature of the universe. I'm thinking that one person, even though he has been told stuff, can't possibly be an expert on the entire phenomenon, so I'm asking what the limits of his knowledge are in hope of questioners being able to narrow their queries to what he is realistically able to answer and not expect him to wax eloquent on the entire philosophy of humanity and the kitchen sink, too.

I might "hate" you sometimes, but well said. ATS is not Velcro, we're the f'n Teflon of conspiracies. Non-stick until proven. Equal energy should be invested into both respecting and vetting the one(s) who dare ask us to "ask them anything."

But all that is said is they're real, trust him. Why? Because he had a pitch.

Seriously, and I mean no offense to our guest but....

Nothing has been shared that hasn't been shared before and nothing has been offered by way of evidence, which incidentally always seems the case.

Without being so mainstream corny meme, I still have a mind to post Gorgio "Aliens" pic.

I want to believe he wouldn't (Tom) put himself out there like this making himself the pun of alien jokes for the next 20 years but you never know.

Hopefully the next flurry of responses will have meat on them. *shrugs*
edit on 11-4-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The idea that all of it is meaningless, that 9-5 jobs mean #, that Earth ain’t so special…

And what if it was true? At least some of it?

Well that right there is real interesting, Tom, I'm glad I read your OP.

You seem to be alluding to that ("all of it is meaningless, that 9-5 jobs mean #, that Earth ain’t so special"…) as though it were part of the "truth" that you are offering us.

Have I got that right?

Is it all meaningless? And if it is, how have you come to believe that?

Thanks, Tom.

edit on 11-4-2016 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If you wanna know what I think, this is the second attempt to release TR3B via ATS to the public (Ast0 being 1st). Some form of declassification without having to answer why you held this tech from the public as long as they have and how much of our booty was spent on it.

They probably created a dozen fake wars to justify the expenditures.

That should be considered flattery I suppose.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

TR3B

There's no such thing, Bubba.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TomDeLonge

Funny thread! Who are you, the next Reagan?

And that's one of the reasons why I think your story is very attractive indeed. The other factor would be your lack of credentials and this shared history of conspiracy thories and art. If I'd imagine somebody to make up such a story, it'd come up with such a person as you are.
Which is, funny as it is, the reason why I see a lot of merit in such a disclosure. You'd be easily disposable in case you leave the path your info-'shareholders' expect you to follow and your story might be fictive enough to prevent internal outrage (due to massive information leaks in once instance). You'll pull off a big 200mil. entertainment-disinfo instead, which informs the masses only via accident and further research. Which, on the other hand, offers opportunities to spill a lot of beans mixed with fiction over a long period of time. We'd just have to sort it out carefully.
Well. Played!

I'm looking forward to hear and see more, but for now I'll finish with my question.

Thinking about the harmony and beauty of nature, given such things like the Golden Rule (nicely depicted in the movie Pi), I see some consistency in life/nature or even the universe. Did the thought, that our creators might just be created themselves, ever cross your mind? Isn't there still the possibility on the table, that something or someone instigated the big bang?
And how does the big bang relate to parallel universes, do those aliens travel through the layers (time included) with some tech similar to the membranes in the M-Theory?

Heads up and thanks in advance!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
If you wanna know what I think, this is the second attempt to release TR3B via ATS to the public (Ast0 being 1st). Some form of declassification without having to answer why you held this tech from the public as long as they have and how much of our booty was spent on it.

They probably created a dozen fake wars to justify the expenditures.

The people who aren't distracted hook line and sinker by one of the ancient religions need to be distracted by SOMETHING.

And "scary things in the sky", whether supposedly "ours" or "theirs" is perfection itself.

Depending on who you are, "It" could be alien, "demon" or "black OPs tech".

It truly does not matter, so long as believers of all types obsess about "heaven" (and for some "heaven" is a "tr3b"), rather than look around them to notice who is really pulling shenanigans.)

Disclosure is a tired old carrot in front of a donkey, whether anything unusual is going on or not.

Kev

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomDeLonge
A Unified world is the one weapon we have never created, and what I offered as an idea to the General. Not that I could do it, but if that idea would be intimidating to the others.

So let us all pretend he did not just promote a one world government. It's like something out of the Watchmen

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hey Tom

Could you quote the questions you are answering and or answer those questions in complete sentences indicating the question. It is a bit of a pain in the butt in so far as extracting your point when the question is unknown.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

It's not going to happen Kev, you and I both know that. It does explain why ATS seems to be número uno though, if they can't fool us why waste the resources. Oh wait, a published book and a rock star. ....small penance I suppose, all things considered.

What got my gears turning though, aside from the anagram another poster shared
, was the correlation between one of my favorite ATS conspiracies Shakespeare/Bacon and that the ghost writer for Tom is a professor at Charlotte teaching, you guessed it, Shakespeare.

I f'n love it.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
. . . did he not just promote a one world government.

We are an insignificant rock in the vastness of a huge universe. The pettiness over most issues should be enough to understand we need to come together as one. IMO.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall

A Unified world is the one weapon we have never created, and what I offered as an idea to the General. Not that I could do it, but if that idea would be intimidating to the others.

So let us all pretend he did not just promote a one world government. It's like something out of the Watchmen.

You know, I didn't miss that.....I just smiled.

You know because it ain't terrorism anymore, that's played out, as was predicted the next threat in line was....yup, aliens.

Time for space based weapons boys and girls.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Tom, a lot of your answers are incredibly interesting and somewhat surprising.

I have had your line of thinking on many issues for some time.

For further perspective, you might look into the work of L.A. Marzulli, Cris Putnam, and Tom Horn with regard to whether the "aliens" are into genetic manipulation, stealing souls, and the ultimate purpose of it all.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkoMarco

just click on the name in bold after "a reply to:"

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hey Tom,

There's a few of us Marines in SD for two more weeks. Want to get lunch at Sombrero one day?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Now, guess what. The UFO phenomenon is TRUE. And yes, I know it is. Ive been told very important information about it, by the people who run the programs.

Dude, c'mon...this is ATS.

The fact that the UFO phonomenon is true is obvious. There are objects that fly and we sometimes can't identify them, therefore the first part of your statement above needs no questioning.

However.....the second part simply means that people have told you things to make you believe something they want you to and whether it's true or false can probably never be completely verified unless you can provide the facts that we can all investigate to back up what you/they say.

So..WHO ARE THEY, WHY IS THIS SECRET, WHAT ARE WE DOING BECAUSE OF IT AND A FEW OTHER THINGS?

On a sidenote and said as an observation and not meant to offend, as an author, your grammar is terrible and doesn't give credibility towards wanting to buy anything you have had published. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Tom didn't write the book. They told Tom instead of the professor who is a 14 times best seller and teaches Shakepeare.....because........he had a pitch.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Kind of feel the same way, very interested in subject but there is 'so' much crap out there its wears you down. I agree that this might be intentional; I read a book recently which I would recommend calledMirage Men(on YouTube somewhere). I watch whatever I find on YouTube (realise it’s not proper research), but after a while you notice patterns this was termed ‘UFO disease’ which was when people who tour the circuit run out of new information and start adapting other stories and pop culture to stay relevant. I can think of two examples of this ‘Velcro’ and Greys liking of ‘Strawberry’ ice-cream, I saw this mentioned matter of fact on a TV talk show and dropped into a show called ‘Dark Skies’ in the 1990’s.

I’d like to know what threads you think are worth looking at in more detail.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Individual countries cannot come to agreement on an apt leader, and you believe a world government could represent everyone? Local mayors are corrupt, and you believe a global position would not attract greater corruption?

a reply to: Rosinitiate
Ah yes, von Braun's fake alien threat, as it were. I will have to keep an eye out for your future posts, dear sir.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Although I have not asked the Roswell question, I was told there were "numerous" crashes and we have been reengineereing the tech
a reply to: NightFlight

So do you think "they" were Russian or German or do you believe something more far fetched?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join