It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of UK Muslims want homosexuality banned

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: auraofblack

You wanna know what i find most disturbing?

I state openly and unambiguously that the tradition amongst arabic men is to have gay sex with children, to somehow prevent 'tainting' unmarried virgin Women...yet you chose to completely ignore that salient point and instead question what the responce of white anglo-saxon men in Britain would be...i see.

Gotta get your priorities right mate.

You state openly and unambiguously that the tradition amongst SOME Arabic men is to have sex with children... Same as some white English guys, we even give them a name. A pedo is pedo, irrelevant to their religion.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Same as some white English guys, we even give them a name. A pedo is pedo, irrelevant to their religion.

Too true and I would never, ever disagree with that.

However, there is a FACT that there is a cultural acceptance within certain sections of the Islamic world that permits, and possibly even encourages, sex between grown men and pre-pubescent males.

I may be naïve here but I don't think that is the case within 'western' or 'European' etc cultures.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

1000 is a statistically valid sample size. Of course, it would have to be random geographical location and income level as well to be anything worth looking at for information.

In the US we have a strong contingent of religious bigots, too. Welcome to the club.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Same as some white English guys, we even give them a name. A pedo is pedo, irrelevant to their religion.

Too true and I would never, ever disagree with that.

However, there is a FACT that there is a cultural acceptance within certain sections of the Islamic world that permits, and possibly even encourages, sex between grown men and pre-pubescent males.

I may be naïve here but I don't think that is the case within 'western' or 'European' etc cultures.

And yet we forget the BBC? An institution that is UK culturally centric, filled with pedos and perverts.... IT doesn't matter. Islam will have good people too. It will have bad people and they will be dealt with under our toothless laws.

Its a simple thing. Your Governbent is telling you to hate them, disobey your Governbent because their way is the way where we and our sons, come back in bits and then get NO support due to cutbacks.

I just wish people weren't so gullible. I am sure I will be called that because of the slant against Muslims and the suspicions that their faith causes people who live here. People resist the basic truth, if these people are meant to be our enemies and its been plastered across the media what is unsettling about their culture, why is our Governbent letting them in?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I think you missed the point I evidently made so badly.

I clearly stated that there is a cultural acceptance within certain parts of the Islamic world.

The vast majority of people who have studied this subject tend to agree with this statement.
Unfortunately the politically correct do-gooders try to spin this as some sort of racial or bigoted slur against Muslims / Islam in general.
It's not, it's a statement of fact.

And whilst I whole heartedly accept that we have a problem of our own with paedophile's here in the UK I honestly don't see it being culturally acceptable in any section of our society.

If the general public had known what was going on at the BBC or Dolphin Square etc then those practices would have been stopped a damn sight earlier.
That's not to say there hasn't been a cover up either then or even in the present - the point is that it's not culturally and socially acceptable.

But it is definitely both culturally and socially acceptable in certain areas within the Islamic world.

You may choose to deny that, that's entirely up to you....but it doesn't make it any less true.

Your Governbent is telling you to hate them,....

Actually they aren't doing anything of the sort.

And the way you seem to have it anyone who has any sort of concerns about the spread and rise of Islamic extremism is totally incapable of independent cognitive thought or reasoning.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I think you missed the point I evidently made so badly.

I clearly stated that there is a cultural acceptance within certain parts of the Islamic world.

The vast majority of people who have studied this subject tend to agree with this statement.
Unfortunately the politically correct do-gooders try to spin this as some sort of racial or bigoted slur against Muslims / Islam in general.
It's not, it's a statement of fact.

And whilst I whole heartedly accept that we have a problem of our own with paedophile's here in the UK I honestly don't see it being culturally acceptable in any section of our society.

If the general public had known what was going on at the BBC or Dolphin Square etc then those practices would have been stopped a damn sight earlier.
That's not to say there hasn't been a cover up either then or even in the present - the point is that it's not culturally and socially acceptable.

But it is definitely both culturally and socially acceptable in certain areas within the Islamic world.

You may choose to deny that, that's entirely up to you....but it doesn't make it any less true.

Your Governbent is telling you to hate them,....

Actually they aren't doing anything of the sort.

And the way you seem to have it anyone who has any sort of concerns about the spread and rise of Islamic extremism is totally incapable of independent cognitive thought or reasoning.

I'm not really disagreeing or agreeing to be fair. Certain sects of Islam behave like animals and have traits that make them in my book not compatible with western culture... We call them our allies.

The media is controlled by the government, it is mandated by them. The focus is on Islam. All sects of it, this unsettles me because there is a big difference between a moderate Muslim and a fundamentalist Muslim.

People have a right to be concerned with Fundamental Islam. Just as we should be cautious of the Jewish nation who also see us worthy of becoming their slaves? Religious hypocrisy is rife within all religions including Christianity, but it is a given to accept that every religion is made up of people with more modernistic views and some with more extreme.

TO get this back on track.

TPTB want war in the middle east. TPTB don't want to fight themselves. TPTB select religion and begin to over report issues so that lackeys will become fearful and suspicious. TPTB sit and let time take its course, whilst destabilising the whole region using lackeys. Lackeys come home in bodybags and little bits. Lackeys become more suspicious and more fearful. TPTB laugh, when someone is fearful, manipulation is easier.

edit on 15 4 16 by auraofblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
What they gonna do about homosexuality in lionswww.dailymail.co.uk... nts

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I agree with you as to the motivations regarding TPTB as is evident by people in power such as David Cameron and the rest of his lackeys.

Take for example the fact that this bastard is screaming austerity from the rooftops, operating a stealth eugenics program regarding our mentally infirm and disabled. And also forcing a significant minority of unemployed and low paid workers to use nation wide food banks in order to survive. Yet still has the monies available to order a bombing campaign against Syria.

I dont however imagine Israel is trying to enslave us. Think you had it correct first time around. The people responsible for attempting to enslave the majority of humanity are indeed TPTB and the only God or religion they worship is cash monies and control constructs.

As to any Islamic sects or people who practice the rape of young boys and call it part of there culture. The world today simply cannot allow such atrocity to take place imho they should be wiped off the face of our Earth.
edit on 15-4-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

As long as a distinction is made between moderates and fundamentalists, something that is not being done in the media at all.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

There are no moderate and/or fundamentalist pedophiles, there are simply beasts.

I take it however you are referring to the difference between the common everyday Muslim and people who support such groups as ISIS. Those are indeed a problem but at the end of the day we only have our first world western nations to blame considering there are responsible for there inception.

TPTP have an obvious agenda regarding the removal of our basic freedoms, inch by bastard inch, under the guises of maintaining our security i would say everything is going to plan. The manipulation of public opinion is performed on a daily basis via our mass media networks and financial control.

There obvious short term agenda is to wake the dragon of the west and initiate a new crusade against the Islamic nations of the world via there proxy wars and conflicts around the globe!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

TO get this back on track.

TPTB want war in the middle east.

Err, wrong thread mate.

YOUR OP is about how according to a recent survey conducted in the UK approximately half of UK Muslims want homosexuality banned.

That has NOTHING to do with war in the middle east.

So why are YOU trying to move the goalposts after 9 pages?

The rest of your last post is simply smoke in mirrors and has absolutely nothing to do with what you state in the opening post of this thread.

Start a thread on 'TPTB' and their alleged desire for war in the M.E. and I'm sure a lot of us will contribute but I really am intrigued as to why you believe your own thread is about something it quite clearly isn't?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

To me, when I see a survey like in the OP, I see it for what it is. Propaganda to smear a group of people and divide a greater public.

I said the above because when I'm trying to understand why this happening I tend to write bad summaries of the picture at hand as I see it, in a hope that people see it the same way as I do. This is not changing the goalposts.

At the beginning and throughout this thread people have talked about the statistical science being correct and therefore the results are good and this confirms everything they think they know about Muslims. Now its found that there are plenty of aspects that are skewed within these results and the data that is needed to determine accuracy isn't there.

I didn't create this thread to argue with people over the internet, quite the opposite. I hope we can discuss as part of the conversation the off shoots that spring up from the OP.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

To me, when I see a survey like in the OP, I see it for what it is. Propaganda to smear a group of people and divide a greater public.

No my friend, you see it for what you THINK it is - there is absolutely no definitive proof to support your theory.

Studies like this try to use proven scientific methods to in an effort to try to determine facts.

This is not changing the goalposts.

My statement about 'moving the goalposts' relates to you saying that you were getting this thread back on track by discussing what you describe as 'TPTB want war in the Middle East'.
That simply isn't true - you make no comment at all in your OP about war in the middle east.

Of course threads meander and develop, but this thread was not specifically about war in the Middle East, we all know that.

At the beginning and throughout this thread people have talked about the statistical science being correct and therefore the results are good and this confirms everything they think they know about Muslims. Now its found that there are plenty of aspects that are skewed within these results and the data that is needed to determine accuracy isn't there.

No. no. no.
You've got it wrong.
Yes, scientific process has been used but to say that it is definitely skewed is way off the mark - it MAY be skewed and unless more data is available none of us, regardless of pre-conceived opinion, can say for definite if it is skewed and by how much.
'May' does not necessarily equate to 'is'.

I didn't create this thread to argue with people over the internet, quite the opposite.

I have no desire to 'argue', but I do enjoy debating and exchanging points of view in the hope of gaining a better and more complete picture.
Your thread has been a good opportunity to do that - I for one certainly don't have any feeling of enmity towards anyone just because they have a different opinion - at least they have an opinion, an all too rare commodity nowadays!

I hope we can discuss as part of the conversation the off shoots that spring up from the OP.

Of course, but let's not describe it as 'getting back on track' as if people are trying to derail the thread.

But I've got to say an discussion about 'TPTB wanting war in the Middle East' and their duplicit tactics in getting the general public to agree to it a) has been done before and b) has the potential to be a mammoth thread.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Its happening because the propaganda is designed and presented to us in such a way so as to keep all of us divided and at each others throats.

Its all about gaining and maintaining power by breaking up larger concentrations of power into pieces that individually have less power than the one implementing the strategy.

Its divide and conquer via the manipulation of the hearts and minds of the people.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Just to support this view. This may help understand some of the issues embedded within Muslim cultures that allow paedophilia and homosexuality, while simultaneously repressing such acts when it suits.

Source is the Guardian

The moral hypocrisy is outrageous in a country where homosexuality is not only strictly forbidden but savagely punished, even between two consenting adults. However, men who sodomise young boys are not considered homosexuals or paedophiles. The love of young boys is not a phenomenon restricted to Afghanistan; homosexual pederasty is common in neighbouring Pakistan, too. In my view, repression of sexuality and extreme gender apartheid is to blame.

Edit to add that 40% of British Muslims originate from Pakistan. Pakistan is a country where re-pubescent boys are happily abused, along side prevalent child marriage (girls) and extreme gender equality.
edit on 21/4/2016 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Just to support this view. This may help understand some of the issues embedded within Muslim cultures that allow paedophilia and homosexuality, while simultaneously repressing such acts when it suits.

Source is the Guardian

The moral hypocrisy is outrageous in a country where homosexuality is not only strictly forbidden but savagely punished, even between two consenting adults. However, men who sodomise young boys are not considered homosexuals or paedophiles. The love of young boys is not a phenomenon restricted to Afghanistan; homosexual pederasty is common in neighbouring Pakistan, too. In my view, repression of sexuality and extreme gender apartheid is to blame.

Edit to add that 40% of British Muslims originate from Pakistan. Pakistan is a country where re-pubescent boys are happily abused, along side prevalent child marriage (girls) and extreme gender equality.

By the way, just because something is common with the uneducated peasants in afghanistan and pakistan (pretty much the same country) doesnt make it allowed common in Islam. Unless you also equate paedophilia common among christianity due to the Vaticans actions.

And to those that cite Mo supposedly having an 8 year old wife, if you think that paedophilia in those days was relegated to the muslims, i imagine you are sorely mistaken. I would bet that it was rife, as was every other act of debauchery, in all circles and all religions.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

By the way, just because something is common with the uneducated peasants in afghanistan and pakistan (pretty much the same country) doesnt make it allowed common in Islam.

Did you read what both paraphi and I clearly stated in our posts because it seems you've taken it quite the wrong way....for a change.

We both expressly stated that it is a CULTURAL practice that is accepted in certain areas within the Muslim world.

Neither of us state or imply that it is an accepted part of Islamic teaching in general.

You do understand the difference between cultural and religious don't you?

And if you don't agree with that please explain why.

Oh, and do you really believe it is a practice common only to 'the uneducated peasants'?......(where's the WOW emoticon gone?)

edit on 21/4/16 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

a reply to: 3danimator2014

By the way, just because something is common with the uneducated peasants in afghanistan and pakistan (pretty much the same country) doesnt make it allowed common in Islam.

Did you read what both [paraphi clearly stated in our posts because it seems you've taken it quite the wrong way....for a change.

We both expressly stated that it is a CULTURAL practice that is accepted in certain areas within the Muslim world.

Neither of us state or imply that it is an accepted part of Islamic teaching in general.

You do understand the difference between cultural and religious don't you?

Oh, and do you really believe it is a practice common only to 'the uneducated peasants'?......(where's the WOW emoticon gone?)

Its funny cuz I meant to write at the end that I k ow you are not insinuating what I'm saying. But i didnt. I was speaking to the general thread rather than responding to you directly. My bad. Sorry.

Yes..I do believe that the practice of dancing young boys is relegated mostly to the uneducated peasants. I consider taliban to be part of that group. I could be wrong of course. I'm not suggesting otherwise.

And forgive me I come across as defensive in posts about muslims. You can understand why surely if you see the tone of 95% of threads about muslims.
edit on 21-4-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join