It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of UK Muslims want homosexuality banned

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX Why do I have to go live in their country to get it, when the survey is about Muslims in the UK and it was conducted to apparently gauge their integration into this country?

Seriously, does it come down to insults about intelligence and wishing harm on others just because they oppose your viewpoint?

I bet both my bollocks that if they carried out that survey on white English born guys the views would just as extreme if not more....

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: auraofblack
a reply to: UKTruth

My maths isn't skewed fella, I'm saying this biased on its design, by your own ommission the design will skew results.... It's horse #.

Mate, go easy with insults. I ask you explain and your claim because from what I read seems to confirm what I am saying and your explanation is to insult my intelligence?

It's cool though you at least concede that the results may be skewed by design so my point stands. We can argue all day long about sample size but by design it is horse#

I have never questioned that the results could be skewed - it's just that sample size has nothing to do with any potential skew, which you seem unable or unwilling to accept.

Your original OP stated that Sky was biased because of the sample size, which was factually incorrect.

Skews for other reasons are indeed possible as has been discussed through the thread.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

OK, I understand. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
So?

They have a right to there belief same as the many Christians that want the same.

So long as there is separation of church and state and they don't take matters in to there own hands then they are entitled to there views even if small minded.

What do you suggest thought police?

Ah, but therein lies the rub, no?

Who's more likely to take matters into their own hands?

Go ahead, you can say it, we all know it.

Christians may complain about things, but they're rarely violent to get their point across.

Muslims on the other hand...... not known for their tolerance, or restraint.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: auraofblack
He or she is just going by statistical practice.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

On the TV last night in the UK when asked only 34% of Muslims would report another they suspect of terrorist sympathies now THAT is worrying

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

On the TV last night in the UK

Yep because they only present factual information on the tv

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That information was taken directly from the survey that was conducted.
They haven't just pulled these figures out of thin air you know.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

It was a SURVEY given to British Muslims to ask what their thoughts were on various questions want to prove that wasn't done

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
why has the media specifically chosen to find out the views of the muslim population in the uk an no other religion or minority?
i'm not an apo;logist for muslims, but slightly uncomfortable wityh the daily negative stories being reported in the uk media that seems to be singling out one religion or minority group. i dont believe it would be accepted if it was daily negative stories about other minorities, but seems to totally acceptable to target muslims by the media on a daily basis

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

It was a SURVEY given to British Muslims to ask what their thoughts were on various questions want to prove that wasn't done

Can you prove the information is factual ? Can you prove to me the information has not been skewed to suit a certain narrative.....?

To answer your question No i cannot prove it was not done....

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I believe it is a factual figure based on Muslims that live in areas with a high population mix of fellow Muslims.

Even when asked the question about terrorism, they were given cards to write their answers on, then they put those cards into a plain sealed envelope so the respondent felt more secure giving honest answers.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

It may be factual i just have reservations ....muslims are the new bad guys on the block and are receiving large amounts of coverage ....smells like an agenda to me, im not saying i am right i am saying i am suspicious ...

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

C4 commisioned the survey it was done by an independant company.

Unlike many other surveys of Muslim opinion, which have predominantly been done by phone or online, ICM used face-to-face, in-home research to question a representative sample of 1,000 Muslims across Great Britain. ICM also used a “control sample” to compare what British Muslims thought with the rest of the British population.

But looking deeper into the results, a chasm develops between those Muslims surveyed and the wider population on attitudes to liberal values on issues such as gender equality, homosexuality and issues relating to freedom of expression. And it also reveals significant differences on attitudes to violence and terrorism.

edit on 14-4-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

You wanna know what i find most disturbing?

I state openly and unambiguously that the tradition amongst arabic men is to have gay sex with children, to somehow prevent 'tainting' unmarried virgin Women...yet you chose to completely ignore that salient point and instead question what the responce of white anglo-saxon men in Britain would be...i see.

Gotta get your priorities right mate.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Point of fact through Auraofblack i imagine rather a few of us would wish to see nothing but harm befall any and all persons that think its appropriate or participate in the rape of a young boy no matter there reasoning which is obviously flawed on so many levels i don't even know where to begin.

Im not suggesting all or even the majority of the Muslim people in the U.K hold such malevolent ideologies.

However any people that do consider such a thing acceptable, no matter there colour, creed, reasoning or religious belief, are certainly not welcome in our nation and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
edit on 14-4-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

It may be factual i just have reservations ....muslims are the new bad guys on the block and are receiving large amounts of coverage ....smells like an agenda to me, im not saying i am right i am saying i am suspicious ...

The NEW bad guys?

LOL, you been living under a rock for the past, oh, 1400 years?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

The NEW bad guys?

LOL, you been living under a rock for the past, oh, 1400 years?

So have Muslims raping and pillaging the planet been on the news for the last 1400 years....dude really....go look for yourself maybe you are too young to remember but muslims have not been vilified in the past by the media like they are now....

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oh, I'm definitely old enough.

Like the Libyan terrorists in 1985's Back to the Future?

That's 31 years ago, verified.

They've been bombing and/or killing for as long as they've been a thing.

I'm sure the people who survived the Islamic Incursions that lead to the Crusades would call you out on that too, if they were here.

They didn't have "news" back then, but they did have historians, and you can read about it.

SMH.
edit on 14-4-2016 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Is that it 1 example ?...i grew up in the UK and the IRA were the bad guys in the media while i was growing up ....day in day out the fear of a bus being blown up on the way to school or whatever was pushed, muslims are the villains de jour

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join