It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Americans will spend more on taxes this year than housing, food and clothing together

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
How does this compare to other countries like England?
Would be nice to have something to compare it too.

It wouldn't be so bad if We got something in exchange for all the taxes We paid into the system. I get the honor of paying like 30k a year in taxes and not being able to collect unemployment when I get laid off every year. I lost My job 2 years ago and had to go contract because I was a responsible adult. Now the contracting gig is only seasonal work and it won't last much longer and I'll be screwed. It would be nice if I could walk on down to the unemployment office and get it but or coarse I can't. I could probably get food stamps but honestly that won't feed Your damn family unless You are getting all the other freebies.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: mOjOm

Welfare isn't a waste.

I am going to pick apart that one line with one example:
Obama phones. Free (except to the people paying taxes that payed for them) Do some research on that one. Apparently somewhere around 40-70% of the people that got them did not qualify. Their income bracket was too high.

Now our glorious leader is going to do Obama Phone V2 . Free internet for those phones....
No , welfare isnt wasted....(yeah , right)

Oh don't forget about how Obama phones create false demand which increases the price. If there was no such thing as free phones then our cell bills would be like 15 dollars a month without these stupid limits on text or data. When a cell company has to compete against other providers the number # 1 way to attract customers is through better prices but since they don't have to compete then it's moot.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
How does this compare to other countries like England?
Would be nice to have something to compare it too.

Completely irrelevant.

A nation should strive to be the best and it should not lower that bar by seeing what others are doing.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Obama phones. Free (except to the people paying taxes that payed for them) Do some research on that one. Apparently somewhere around 40-70% of the people that got them did not qualify. Their income bracket was too high.

Now our glorious leader is going to do Obama Phone V2 . Free internet for those phones....

According to Factcheck.org Neither the Obama Phone nor the Internet service about to be included is funded by your taxes anyway.

It's part of the LifeLine plan which started with Regan and is paid for by the Telecom companies.

Rather, it is funded through the Universal Service Fund, which is administered by the Universal Service Administrative Company, an independent, not-for-profit corporation set up by the Federal Communications Commission.
Link

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
A lot of you people should know something.

Whenever you're being told someone lower on the economic latter than you is who's making you more poor. It's most likely someone higher on the economic latter who's telling you that, while also really being the one making you more poor.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Welfare isn't a waste.

Obama phones. How did this get put on Obama. Lets just clear this up. In 1984 the FCC under Reagan started the Lifeline benefit program to help low income (elderly being a big target) afford a home phone. It was expanded a bit under Clinton and the expanded to Cell Phones under Bush Jr. in 2012 the program was overhauled to eliminate waste and fraud and reduce cost.

So Obama had nothing to do with them. And in fact no President did. The FCC an independent agency adapted this program from one that been around since the first days of telephones. In 1913 AT&T was charged a fee for being allowed to be a monopoly to subsidize telephone cost for lower income people. It has continued to evolve as communications have changed so that in 2008 cells phones were included. And that also should be cleared up, tax dollars do not go to the program. It is funded by the same fee phone companies have been paying since 1913.

So to clear it up. 1913 a fee was created for ATT to help lower income people get phone service in return for its monopoly. After deregulation under Reagan the fee was modified to all telephone service providers with specific funding for the poor. During Bush Jr. Presidency the FCC expanded it to cell phones. And their you have it. Obama phones have nothing do with Obama.

As for the OP this break down tells us nothing. Of course millionaires are going to be spending much more on taxes than food, housing or clothing. That alone is going to skew the numbers in a crazy way. A break down per a person would be more telling. Between the 1930s and 1950s 25% of a persons personal income went to food, today it is below10%, in the 1930s 10% of personal income was spent on clothing, today it is below 3%, only in housing do we see and increase from 1901 23% to 32%. So when food, clothing and housing took 57% of your income where as today it takes 44% it means we have more income so of course pay more in taxes over all even if tax income tax rates are at an all time low.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jkm1864

Welfare isn't a waste.

Oh don't forget about how Obama phones create false demand which increases the price. If there was no such thing as free phones then our cell bills would be like 15 dollars a month without these stupid limits on text or data. When a cell company has to compete against other providers the number # 1 way to attract customers is through better prices but since they don't have to compete then it's moot.

Um the phones you get under lifeline are either old refurbished phones or if new from some companies it is a phone with only basic services. You do not get modern Android or Iphone so they do not effect demand in anyway. Except you can make some money selling your old phone to one of those companies instead of throwing it away.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras
a reply to: xuenchen

All to fuel the utopian dreams of idiots, be they lefties or righties!!

Always need more wasted on the military, and more on welfare( you think the military industrial complex can waste money? Look into welfare..
)

At least we see technological advancements reaching the consumer side thanks to the military

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Sargeras

Welfare isn't a waste. It does far more good than military spending in that welfare is spread everywhere in society. Military spending only goes to the same limited places.

If we weren't spreading socialized aid to people many towns would just dry up and become ghost towns. That money goes right back into the communities and help keep things going. Many industries, stores, etc. everywhere get by because of that currency going through them.

Welfare is supposed to be a stop-gap measure, not an annual income.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Somebody better fact check factcheck. Oh , wait , the funding just comes off a money tree , I reckon. I have heard rumors of the government having those.....You do realize the only "revenue" (means money if you didnt know) comes from taxes.
Of course , I dont live in the world of magical unicorns crapping money for the government....

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Proof Americans will spend more on taxes this year than housing, food and clothing together.

For those who see us as mere cattle, this is/was always going to happen sooner or later.

The demonisation of welfare for individuals and of those who claim it, and the total absence of discussion about corporate welfare, is evidence that the powers that should not be certainly believe in welfare but only for corporations.

Therefore it automatically means that the long term trend of the recent past projected into the future clearly indicates that the corporate tax is going down. Now, someone has to pay the tax and if corporations don't who will?

Clearly, that us, the cattle.

I assume you also real-eyes that this trend will continue well into future decades and if the NWO comes in, then definitely we, the cattle, will pay all of the nations tax bill and get phuc all in return.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I agree that we should stop propping up green energy.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Speaking as someone a tiny bit further along than you are. AMEN!

If you do what you are supposed to they screw you at every opportunity and call you a sucker, but to do it any other way rubs against the grain.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

Zero corporate welfare, and zero foreign aid period is my view!!

I have watched my country get sold out for my entire 38 years, I am done!!

It is time for Americas people to put these corps and elite ruling class politicos where they belong, in the gutter so us regular folks can live our lives in peace!

While I agree with the elimination of corporate welfare, I wouldn't be so quick to advocate for the elimination of all foreign aid.

Just as an example, we could have elected not to provide any foreign aid to fight Ebola in Africa, but what would the consequences of that decision look like?

Are you saying we should have just sat back and waited for the virus to reach our own shores before addressing it?

"ALL" foreign aid isn't bad, especially when it's utilized to preserve life.

Now if you want to talk about cutting off all foreign aid to repressive governments like that of Israel, I'm all ears.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Never is discussed the hidden nested layering taxes.

The $0.50 apple you buy at the store is $0.40 paid in taxes. Road taxes, property taxes, vehicle taxes, income taxes paid by the shippers (farm to buyer, then again buyer to distributor, then again distributor to retailer). The then property taxes and income taxes passed along for the employee pay built into the product costs for the farmer, then again for the distributor, then again for the warehouse, then again for the retailer.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish
Just as an example, we could have elected not to provide any foreign aid to fight Ebola in Africa, but what would the consequences of that decision look like?

The majority of Africans don't want or need foreign aid. Some countries have contained Ebola without help btw.

Edit: Adding the following link.

Africa: We don’t want aid. Please keep it for your local poor!

edit on 11-4-2016 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

the free phones is just an expansion of what was lifeline... the idea was to ensure that the poor has a phone to use in case there was an emergency. they were heavily restricted. how many employers out there expect you to have a phone on your 24/7? They don't want to pay you enough to get the phone, but well, when my sons were working for convenience stores, they sure the heck liked calling them at all hours when someone just chose not to show up! even the obama phones benefit the business world! and well, as far as those phones having the internet, how many employers now days will tell you to go online and to fill out their application? if you don't want the poor unemployed to have phones with internet connections, well then maybe you should clue in those businesses that arrange it so that the only way you can apply for the jobs is via the internet!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

According to Factcheck.org Neither the Obama Phone nor the Internet service about to be included is funded by your taxes anyway.

It's part of the LifeLine plan which started with Regan and is paid for by the Telecom companies.

Rather, it is funded through the Universal Service Fund, which is administered by the Universal Service Administrative Company, an independent, not-for-profit corporation set up by the Federal Communications Commission.
Link

In other words, it is funded by people who have cell phones and pay their bills. You indirectly pay for it through higher cell phone bills.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yea welfare money does get wasted but it also helpsmillions of Americans right here at home meanwhile all the money wasted on the MIC accomplishes nothing but killing brown people in a foreign land for 'national defense.' Lmfao. So sad and true you got to laugh.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
And actually, it's worse if you consider that in order to avoid the public schools that you are paying for (in my area, through insanely high property taxes) you have to shell out even more money for private schools.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join