It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Americans will spend more on taxes this year than housing, food and clothing together

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
According to TaxFoundation.org, Americans will spend more on taxes than essentials like housing and food and clothing this year.

Taxes being income tax, payroll taxes and general state and local taxes plus sales taxes etc.

The "study" doesn't seem to mention insurance and healthcare out of pocket expenses either.

This is signaling the beginning of the end.

I bet most people who pay these various taxes won't even get anywhere near the "paid in" amount back in any form of services.

Looks like we have gaping black holes of money funnels that only "government" knows about.

Very alarming but all apparently for the "collective" good as they say.

Proof Americans will spend more on taxes this year than housing, food and clothing together

According to statistical data researched and compiled by TaxFoundation.org, Americans will spend more in 2016 on taxes than they will on housing, food and clothing combined.

Americans will pay “$3.3 trillion in federal taxes and $1.6 trillion in state and local taxes for a total of $4.9 trillion,” according to the chart.

What ?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

All to fuel the utopian dreams of idiots, be they lefties or righties!!

Always need more wasted on the military, and more on welfare( you think the military industrial complex can waste money? Look into welfare..
)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Sweet we have been more prosperous than ever according to well... Everyone.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
How does this compare to other countries like England?
Would be nice to have something to compare it too.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
If we would just make those that have something pay their fair share, then we all could have everything!

edit on 4 10 2016 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I think its a good idea for Americans in general to learn about the concept of taxation. The state feeds you, indirectly or directly. As great a nation as you were, almost all of your biggest cities are bankrupt and the sole reason is. No taxation without representation concept.

It will be a hard time for you to adjusting to the new world order, but the rest of the world will welcome you with open arms.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I didn't know intellhub was a credible source. I went to the tax foundation, the source intellhub used and don't know where they got the info from.
Not that it's not there, I just don't know where they got it.
edit on 10-4-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I don't know, but I bet taxes are higher overall, and I bet many essential items are priced higher.

Things seem to always go the wrong direction.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Looks like they got the ideas from...

Tax Freedom Day 2016 is April 24

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

Welfare isn't a waste. It does far more good than military spending in that welfare is spread everywhere in society. Military spending only goes to the same limited places.

If we weren't spreading socialized aid to people many towns would just dry up and become ghost towns. That money goes right back into the communities and help keep things going. Many industries, stores, etc. everywhere get by because of that currency going through them.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Looks like they got the ideas from...

Tax Freedom Day 2016 is April 24

Ah, thank you.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

"The "study" doesn't seem to mention insurance and healthcare out of pocket expenses either. "
(Sorry that I can't quite properly on my phone).

The minute it became a mandate, it became a tax regardless of what "they" call it.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mannegishi

I think its a good idea for Americans in general to learn about the concept of taxation. The state feeds you, indirectly or directly. As great a nation as you were, almost all of your biggest cities are bankrupt and the sole reason is. No taxation without representation concept.

It will be a hard time for you to adjusting to the new world order, but the rest of the world will welcome you with open arms.

The government does not feed us, farmers do.

The rest of the world can get #ed!!

I care about Americans!!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

A long time ago, farmers fought over soil when a preacher told them;" I can offer you a life with a choice ".
You might be a King born from a farmers hand, who fought heaven and earth just to claim a throne. Your son on the other hand, will always be the son of a King.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I totally disagree. If a person is spending more on taxes than they do for basic subsistence and upkeep then it would probably be better to have a reset and go back to hunter-gatherer societies. It doesn't matter which country that you live in.
edit on 10-4-2016 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

I care about Americans!!

Farmers are also get big subsidies from Government though. Welfare is also for your fellow Americans.

But we should stop funding other things for sure. Like corps. that are already making huge profits anyway and a lot of foreign expenditures.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

"The "study" doesn't seem to mention insurance and healthcare out of pocket expenses either. "
(Sorry that I can't quite properly on my phone).

The minute it became a mandate, it became a tax regardless of what "they" call it.

You are right, as the citations of some members of the Supreme Court noted,
it was only legal as a "tax".
edit on 10-4-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: Sargeras

I care about Americans!!

Farmers are also get big subsidies from Government though. Welfare is also for your fellow Americans.

But we should stop funding other things for sure. Like corps. that are already making huge profits anyway and a lot of foreign expenditures.

No doubt about that!!

Zero corporate welfare, and zero foreign aid period is my view!!

I have watched my country get sold out for my entire 38 years, I am done!!

It is time for Americas people to put these corps and elite ruling class politicos where they belong, in the gutter so us regular folks can live our lives in peace!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Welfare isn't a waste.

I am going to pick apart that one line with one example:
Obama phones. Free (except to the people paying taxes that payed for them) Do some research on that one. Apparently somewhere around 40-70% of the people that got them did not qualify. Their income bracket was too high.

Now our glorious leader is going to do Obama Phone V2 . Free internet for those phones....
No , welfare isnt wasted....(yeah , right)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

This is simply something we all already know... the (attempted) murder of the middle class.

We all know two things (as a starting point)....

1) The "rich" don't feel taxes the way the middle class do because they have enough resources to not only "shelter" their income but to hire the accountants to help them do so. First example off the top of my head is the Facebook guy who "donated" most of his money to a "charity" that is entirely under his control. On a personal note, and while I don't blame them, I've worked for business owners that drove fantastical cars that were "technically" owned by their companies so it shifted to the business expenses rather than out of pocket. (Again, I don't blame them for doing all they can for themselves within the confines of the law... I blame those that make laws that do what they are "bought" to do.

2) The "poor" don't feel this either. In the context of this thread it doesn't matter is someone is poor because they are lazy or if they are down on their luck or for any other reason. At the end of the day the may pay zero income taxes yet get a return on top of receiving food stamps, a free cell phone, purely subsidized healthcare and any number of other "freebies." Tax rate fluctuations don't affect them. The take more than they give.

To supply some further evidence of how the middle class is getting killed....

My wife and I both grew up poor. I can't say whether or not the "benefits" were available back then or if our parent were just to naive to take advantage of them but nobody received any handouts. My wife and I (formerly high school sweethearts) were married a bit over two decades ago and we were out on our own and took whatever jobs we could find until we found jobs that led to careers and now we are in a place we had always dreamed of....

As teenage newlyweds we used to walk around the suburbs and talk about what "our house" would look like one day. Being "home owners" is a concept that had eluded us for two decades but through working our butts off we are closing in. We've worked our way to an income that will allow us to make that dream a reality. We've been preapproved for a mortgage and we just need to find a house to put in a bid. Basically, we have been chasing this dream FOREVER and now we are in hot pursuit. We are like a lion that is about to take down a gazelle. Where does the middle class stuff come in?

Taxes.

We have been prepared for this for some time but I'd like people to consider this....

In our suburban area (because we would NEVER subject our son to living in a city), after saving for a down payment our mortgage will be a bit less than $2,000/month and the PROPERTY taxes will be about $1,000/month.

That is $12,000/year (direct out of pocket) ON TOP OF income tax and sales tax and gas tax and cellular tax and tolls (basically a tax) and every other tax you can think of.

So my question (that I already answered) is who gets screwed here?

Final thoughts: I'm a NWO conspiracy person so I know many of us are screwed but with that understanding I will do my best to put my family in the best position possible to weather the storm.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join