It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbo 2 [PIC2016]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
As the girl stood in the middle of the forest it was a striking contrast to the greyish environment that surround her, despite she being pale and delicate a certain soothing radiance distinguish her from the barren environment surrounding her, a gray land of endless dead gray threes with a smooth gray sky. Where is the sun? she though.

There was no cold or warm in this place, it is just gray, and gray can be whatever you made it be. There is nothing around in all directions she can see, but as long as she has her teddy to protect her, alone she will never be. You always protect me Mr. Cuddles but brother does not have you, she said as she strongly hugs the ragged brown bear.

It was not his fault, I only wanted to play with him, like we used to, we always played together, you remember Mr. Cuddles? Older brother was always there for me, he entrusted you, his most cherished possession to protect me, he was my best friend, until that game changed him. Why you no longer play with me brother? I still love you.

I probably should had stayed with mom, she griped my hand so hard and told me to stay in the building, but I could not leave my poor brother alone in this place Mr. Cuddles, we have to look for him, mom was so sad, the tears dint allow her to see our duty to him. We have walked so much I don’t know if we can get back to that place, but the nice Mr. Angel told us everyone can find the stairs again so we will be all right.

The girl walked at a steady pace through the trees, without knowing where she was going, only she knew his brother wasn’t really mean when he did not pay her attention, she just wanted him to stop playing with the game and be, for a few, like before. She kept walking, for minutes or for hours, it was hard to tell on a place without time, no day, no night, only gray.

In the distance it appears another little girl was crying, strongly holding the one eyed Mr. Cuddles onto her chest, she steadily walked towards the noise. When she arrived there was no girl, just some sad little dolls.

Most were too broken and just a shell of their former self, but still it appears they find some comfort standing closely grouped together, still one remained whole enough to remember how it used to be; tears where running from the beautiful eyes of the doll.- why are you here little girl? You don’t belong here she said.

Sorry Mrs. Doll, I am looking for my brother, he is lost and we need to return to mom.
Your brother is not here, and even if he were he won’t find you, you need to return to the cathedral before is too late, or you could lose your path in the gray- said the doll.
I am afraid I have walked for too long and won’t be able to find my way back Mrs. Doll.
The path to the stairs is always there, to those calm enough to see it…

The little girl walked aimlessly away, until she could no more; she felt to her knees to cry in despair, was it all a mistake? Should have she stayed? After sobbing some more she felt what it seems she forgot for a moment, Mr. Cuddles was all along with her. Seeing the decrepit one eyed teddy looking back at her gave her and indescribable comfort, suddenly there was no reason to cry, no more.

Back on her feet, she tap a few her skirt to remove the leaves, and when she looked forward there it was the church, it seems it was not that far after all.

When she enters the building the angel ask her if she found what she was looking for; don’t worry little girl sometimes the mirror got answer and I bet that in your hurry you forgot to see there in the first place.

Climbing the stairs the girl could not remember if there was a mirror there before, but at the top of the stair she could see it there at the end of the hallway.

There she was in the mirror, but something was wrong, what is it? She could not realize at first what was different until she saw Mr. Cuddles was no more.

Instead holding her hand was his brother, a quick hug before the door behind the mirror opens- was it there all along? – MON!!!

The forest was cold; how many hours spend watching the gray sky? It was hard to tell, it could be minutes it could be hours, always gray and cold nothing changes on the sky. The boy gets up asking himself where is sister…

edit on 10-4-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Story explained before I forget (someday I may want to remember):

Family dies in car crash, dad goes to hell, aka only one alive after a crash he caused.

Wife is unaccounted for (dead but who knows where)

Each kid gets to personal limbo, all the same oportunities, after they get to calm the chance of moving on present to them, a mirror shows what they deserve to see after being in limbo, sister get to see a fake brother and mother that allows her to move on, brother only see anguish making him repeat the limbo experience once more.

Waitning 3 weeks to play dark souls 3 without knowing if his rig can handle the game has left indigent unstable in a state where he creates stories of people getting stuck in limbo for their obsession for a game, meta as hell

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Another great write.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Ah! I had so hoped the little girl had ACTUALLY found her brother! Oh well, at least she didn't wind up in hell... Poor brother! Perhaps when you get Dark Souls 3 working, you can write him a better fate too...

Enjoyed it!

- AB

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Thanks man, I tried harder to made it better quality this time (I read a guide a certain person left yesterday
)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Glad you enjoy it.

The thing is after looking in the mirror the door to leave was there for both siblings, the boy had a choice, but we make our own hell, or limbo in this case.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Really good! S&F

I'm enjoying all the stories, this has been a fun contest.
Good luck to you!

jacy

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

That's too sad, I really want him to meet up with his sister again.

I like your writing and your ideas - good stuff.

B x

new topics

top topics

join