It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams a personal message from a higher power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I will be one to say right now that I believe dreams to be messages from a higher power I have found them to answer questions I've stewed over, and to provide criticism and empowerment. Here is an example: Despite being physically intimidating to many a people, I am a big softie at heart and hence I seem to let people walk all over me for meaning less things I know when to stand up for myself. But even though I've always been nice I've always felt like I was being too nice well in a dream I had I as always going after something and constantly I would be stepped in front of and that item would be taken by that person. well after a while I caught on and began standing up for myself after reflecting on this dream I came to this conclusion almost automatically. It was very empowering. Anyone else had dreams that they were sure were little life lessons that they've since followed??

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianConspirator
I will be one to say right now that I believe dreams to be messages from a higher power I have found them to answer questions I've stewed over, and to provide criticism and empowerment.

Unless the "higher power" is someone sitting there talking to you while you sleep in hopes that you dream according to their words, dreams are personal interpretations of your own mind.....If you have stewed over a question it is very likely that you will find a way to answer it.

BTW, I have had "lesson" dreams and I always ask myself if it represents how I perceive the world or if it is somebody elses doctrine, i.e. being influenced by T.V. or some other non-interactive media.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Yeah, I wouldnt say its some sort of higher power, but the brain is still amazing none the less. I've worked out many problems in my dreams, its odd how it actually helps.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I can see where you're coming from. It certainly could be a higher power helping you out. Sometimes it's blaringly obvious, but in this case it seemed to be a helpful hint perhaps. I think only an individual can say whether or not they've experienced a divine intervention. I could spill a pageful but I'm sure everyone would come up with plently of "valid" reasons why it's not. There have been times where I was directly spoken to and knew all the parties involved. It's very strange and hard to describe. Anyway, I'd say keep eyes and ears open even if you are in fact dreaming.

Pray, train, study.
God bless

new topics

top topics

join