It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 compelling signs of the End Times

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
This is from the Left Behind Prophecy Site. Its actually obtained by clicking the photo on the top left of the page, but opens a Javascript window. I know that sometimes Javascript windows fail abysmally so I am including the whole article here.

Please note: You don't need to subscribe in order to see this article in its original format.

1) Arafat's death causes upheaval in Middle East peace process.

A fully restored Israel with the return of the Jewish people is the "super-sign" of prophecy. The Bible predicts over and over again that Israel must be restored to its biblical borders and the Jews must be back in their homeland – for the events of the end times to unfold… (Jeremiah 30:1-3; Ezekiel 34:11-24; Zechariah 10:6-10).

The death of Yasser Arafat has important bearing on the peace process in the Middle East and the restoration of Israel. Some believe that his removal from the process will make peace more achievable and potentially allow the prophecy of Israel to be fulfilled. Others fear that his demise will throw the region into chaos if a struggle for Palestinian power ensues. Palestinian infighting could deadlock progress of the Middle East peace talks. Regardless of the impact, his death has refocused the world's attention on Israel and peace in the Middle East. And as the Bible predicts that Israel will be the battleground for all great end-time conflicts and wars – this is exactly what we should expect if the end is drawing near.

2) Islamic rebellion terrorizes "Ancient Babylon."

The city of Babylon, located on the Euphrates River in modern Iraq, is mentioned almost 300 times in the Bible. It is consistently portrayed as a place of rebellion and pride. Scripture informs us that in the end times, Babylon will be rebuilt into a great city that will serve as a commercial and religious capital for the Antichrist.

In November U.S. troops pounded Fallujah. The intent for this assault on the Sunni terrorist hotbed was clear. Bring peace to Iraq so the elections can proceed in January. The U.S. and its coalition are trying to bring peace and stability to Iraq. This seems to be setting the stage for the rebuilding of Babylon – another sign that the coming of Christ may be very soon.

3) Europe unites as a powerful empire.

The prophet Daniel predicted a reunited Roman Empire in the End Times. According to the Bible, at the middle of the seven-year tribulation, the Antichrist will take over and rule the world for the final three and a half years of this age. To do this, he will need an army and advanced weaponry.

What we have seen developing in Europe the last 45 years – and particularly in the last year – looks strikingly similar to what the Bible predicts for the End Times. In May, the European Union added 10 more nations to its empire – bringing the total to 25. In October the EU's constitution was signed on Capitoline Hill in Rome – the ancient center of religious life in the Roman Empire. And in November, Great Britain announced that it had committed 2,000 troops to a new 18,000 strong EU army. The Roman Empire is reuniting right before eyes just as the prophet Daniel predicted over 2,500 years ago.

The basic governmental and economic components are in place for one man to come on the scene in the EU and ascend to tremendous power. That man will be the Antichrist – he will rule over the final form of the Roman Empire and ultimately the whole world.

4) Strong Islamic presence emerges from Russia.

The prophet Ezekiel predicted that the Great Russian Bear will rise in the last days to mount a furious invasion of Israel (37-38). Ezekiel also predicted that in the latter times, Israel would be invaded by a people "from remote parts of the north" (38:6, 15). The nation that is most distantly north from Israel is Russia.

In August and September, Islamic Chechen rebels were behind three catastrophic terrorist attacks: two Russian plane crashes, an attack against a Moscow metro station, and a siege over a school in Beslan, Russia. The terror, catastrophic events, and frightening Islamic presence now in Russia foreshadows a future time of trouble that is coming on the whole world. The fulfillment of God's prophecies seems closer than ever before.

5) Indonesian earthquake foreshadows the devastation of the End Times.

Two days before He died on the cross, Jesus said that one of the signs of His Second Coming to earth would be "great earthquakes," (Luke 21:11). The prophet Ezekiel also predicted a great earthquake in the end times ( Ezekiel 38:19-20). And the apostle John was transported in a kind of spiritual time machine to the end times where he witnessed great disasters by deadly earthquakes.

What we have just witnessed in Asia is frightening. The Indonesian earthquake was the most powerful recorded in 40 years. And the deadly tsunamis it produced have taken over 100,000 lives. The tsunamis traveled at speeds up to 500 miles per hour and towered to heights of 30 feet. This catastrophic natural disaster could foreshadow the devastation that will wrack the earth when it begins to shake during the tribulation.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Interesting post.
I am slightly confused though.

First, it says that Babylon will be rebuilt, that would be modern day Iraq, and that Antichrist will reign from there.
But then it says that EU is the revived roman empire from which the Antichrist will rule.

So, is the antichrist a european or middle eastern dude?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The ten kings will come from the whole world (Ten states if you will).
The EU will play a major part.
Antichrist's power will come from them, but his base of operations will be Iraq.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Pisky]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I always thought that while Babylon was indeed a powerful city on the euphrates, babylon as we will come to know it doesn't actually mean being in iraq. i think babylon is more of a phrase than a placename, and it means a city from which the antichrist may influence the world

right now, there are only a few cities which may do this, New York, London, Washington

also it is interesting to note that the koran apparently says Russia and China will attack the holy land

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
The ten kings will come from the whole world (Ten states if you will).
The EU will play a major part.
Antichrist's power will come from them, but his base of operations will be Iraq.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Pisky]

So his "base of operations" will be in Iraq??
well, i would go along the lines of the Anti-Christs "base of operations" or "throne" being in Europe, like Rome, for example.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar
I always thought that while Babylon was indeed a powerful city on the euphrates, babylon as we will come to know it doesn't actually mean being in iraq. i think babylon is more of a phrase than a placename, and it means a city from which the antichrist may influence the world

Quite possible, Daystar. The name 'Babylon' may well be metaphoric - implying that the city of the Antichrist will be similarly corrupt as the original. If the original Babylon is rebuilt, we have our answer. If not, we will have to look farther abroad.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Do not confuse the AC with the Harlot
Babylon is the harlot, drunk with the blood of the prophets and saints
The 10 kings will destroy the harlot.

The harlot babylon has a literal and spiritual meaning.
Literal Babylon seems the best candidate for the first
and
Apostate christianity (RCC, JW, etc..) and pagan religoion...
Those are all modeled after the ancient religion of babylon, which was also in Egypt, Persia, Assyria, Greece, and Rome.
A quick comparison of the RCC to those relgions and you will see it.

In order for the AC to set himself up as God to be worshiped, he must get rid of those religions first.
I made a post on the other forum that might be better served here because it concerns the end times.

--

Since any conversation about the Jews as a people starts with the presumption of their religion (jewish, from Judea) and originating location, I feel obligated to present the point of view from the bible.

Like was mentioned above, since the creation of the Israelites as a tribe of people, they have been under constant threat of extinction. In fact, according to their history, they became a full blown tribe while in captivity in Egypt.

The bible gives a reason for this hatred.
Gods plan to save as many as would have salvation was done through them.
The adversary, satan, wants to prevent that at all costs. The best way to do that, even today, is to wipe out the jews.

To that end, as presented in Daniel, and Revelation, Israel has been attacked and nearly wiped off the face of the earth as a nation since their 'birth'.
First in Egypt. The infant tribe were slaves there.
Then by Assyria, who were among the most ruthless of conquerers.
Then by Babylon, who carried away the jews back to Babylonia
Then by Persia. The persians showed signs of weakness and let the jews return
So Alexander and the Greeks came and with Alexanders death, things got extremely bloody in Israel. When that govt decayed,
Then the Romans came.
This is when the strategy changed for a bit..
With the resurection of Jesus, satan saw the beginning of the end. He could no longer hope to just occupy Israel. It had to go permenantly.
The jews were scattered throughout the known world.

Rome is the 6th head in Revelation and the Legs in daniels dream.

With the jews scattered, two things needed to be done now. The land needed to be held fast. Christianity needed to be stopped via false religion (the same form from babel and babylon which was created by Nimrod), or simply wiped out.
The Holy ROman Empire was one of the things to take care of the first and second
Islam all but wiped out christianity in north africa, AND made a muslim claim for Jerusalem.

All the while, keep in mind that God told the jews he would scatter them as punishment....but with a promise that he would return them to their land.

The Ottoman Empire owned Israel for hundreds of years leading up to WW1.
Around 1900 Zionism was born by people living in the US and UK.
Satan is not stupid. He knows the bible as well as anyone and what it says about the last days. The jews had to be prevented from going home.
No Israel, and end time prophecy fails. No Jews, and Gods promise to Abraham is a lie.

At the end of WW1 the UK owned Israel. No longer was there muslim ownership of the land. Judiasm could be practiced unimpeded. Jews started returning to Israel in larger numbers, but it was still a trickle , all things being relative.
Coincidently, during that same war, as satan lost control of Israel, the millions of jews in Russia became captive to communism.
Satan didnt have Israel, but he still had the jews.
Anti-semitism took off in Europe at unprecidented rates.
Nazi's take control of Germany, and then Europe, and then North Africa.
The goal was to link up with the Japanese in the area of Iran or India.
By coincidence, they would own Israel. (hmmm).
The Nazi's embarked on a systematic campaign to exterminate the jews.
No jews, no Israel nation.
The jews who were captive in Russia, were now protected by the very communism that was their jailer. Communism and Facism hated each other as much as they both hated the jews.
Hitler lost, but his action caused something else to happen.
Jews around the world decided that it would be better to go back to the land of their fathers. Israel.

In 1948 Israel was born. The very day of its rebirth, the arab nations around them tried to exterminate them. This happened again in 1956, 1967, 1973.
In 1967 Israel recaptured Jerusalem. This is also critical to bible prophecy because the temple must be rebuilt.
Jesus said that the generation that see's Israel reborn would not pass until all the signs of the coming rapture come to pass.
Here you have your choice of 40, 100, or 120 years.
Most bets are currently on 40, which would mean October of 2007 at the latest.
There are a few more things that need to happen.

1. A 10 nation confederacy needs to form. 3 of those 10 will join together by some means and will be ruled by the AC.

2. Turkey, the muslim nations of the former USSR, Iran, Libya, Sudan and possibly Russia will sneek attack Israel. (hold that thought, a recent article on this sight has shed light on this).

3. That army will be wiped out except for 1/6th.

About Russia. The 'stan' nations of the former USSR are all of turkish origin. Mongolia is also part of that heritage. Russia was settled by the Vikings, who founded Moscow in the 800's AD. After that, the Mongols owned Russia for hundreds of years. There is a russian saying, "scratch a russian, see tarter blood". It is by that means that you can include Russia in this war. Another is Gog. Gog is the Cheif Prince of magog. Certainly the turkish people of the 'stan nations are decended from Magog...and until the break up of the USSR, Russia was certainly chief of them all.
There is one more thing, and I think it answers a very important question.

Q.) Why is the USA not mentioned in bible prophecy when they are most certainly a world power that would have a say in such a war?

A.?) Damascus is prophecied to be wiped out in the manner of sodom. Nuked? This prophecy about gog goes on to say that the cleanup will last seven months. When a body part is found, people will leave a marker for the burial teams to come get it. This is not the only nuke in this war.

Ezekiel 39:6 Fire will come down on Magog, and on a people living carelessly in safety on a distant coastland.
First we have a local nuke exchange in the mideast...then a broader one on Magog and the distant coastland.
Is that the USA and Russia?

Lets carry this further. There is prophecy to fulfill.
Would the Muslims follow a christian or jewish Jesus?
This is where it gets interesting.

MODERATOR. There is an aricle here that talks about the motive behind bin laden to reestablish the Caliph(sp?). It is important in muslim prophecy and the Gog-Magog prophecy. If you know it, could you link it here please?

There are two major flavors of Islam. Sunni and Shia.
Muslims are waiting on their own 'messiah' like person. The Mahdi.
Their prophecy says that the Mahdi will goto Saudi Arabia, but he will be opposed by the King of the North. An army will come down from the north to destroy the Mahdi and his prophet Jesus, but will be swallowed up by the desert.
This explains two things.
First, Saudi Arabia and the 'merchants of tarshish' (europe?) will object to this invasion asking if they have come to take plunder, great riches. If Saudi Arabia is thought to be the target, then this objection makes sense.

This is how an army of that size can get close to Israel, but still surprise them when they attack (because they will supposedly be on the way to Mecca to depose the Mahdi), and
It explains how a 10 nation confederacy in Europe can rise up and support the AC (possibly a european born muslim who is the Mahdi) and gain the attention of the world.
Remember, in Ezekiel 39:6...if the USA and Russia take each other out, and the combined muslim army is destroyed down to 1/6th....who will oppose the EU?
Muslim prophecy also says that the Mahdi will wipe out christianity and make everyone follow HIM.
The bible says the 10 horns will hate the apostate church (Harlot) and wipe her out.
Too much coincidence there for me.

Yes, there will be a China and India still left, but then, Revelation tells about a 200 million man army in the tribulation.

So why do the jews receive so much hate? Because satan wants them gone.

EDIT: Im sorry, one more thing. Did you notice that Iraq (Babylon, Chaldea) is not included in that war?
Did you notice that Iran is? Based on that, if anyone tells me the US is going to Iran next, I say they are wrong.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Great post pixy
Normally when I see a post that talks about the end times I just dismiss it as fake, but there seems to be a lot of information out there now that gives credibility to the notion that the prophecy is close to becoming fulfilled. Reading the 3rd sign you gave reminded me of a post on ATS about Javier Solana being the antichrist, and controlling the WEU. I don't believe it's the gospel truth, but it's certainly interesting. You can find it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
but I'll go over a few points mentioned:

1.) The Western European Union consists of 10 nations, Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom. This may remind you of the 10 horned beast that becomes the world's government.

2.) Javier Solana has an extraordinary amount of power as the
-Western European Union Secretary-General
-Secretary-General of the Council of the EU
-High Representative for the Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP)
-EU Foreign Minister
And in case of emergency under Article 12 Recommendation 666
-Presides over Political and Security Committee (PSC)
-Powers to convene the Council of the European Union

So Pisky, I'm wondering if the WEU will possibly separate from the EU and take power over the world? This would be easy if Russia and the US destroyed each other as Jake mentioned. China, India, and Japan will be left, but it is doubtful that they could take out 10 powerful nations such as France, Germany, and the UK together. I may be missing something here Jake, but where do you get the 40, 100, and 120 years from, mentioned near the bottom of your post? Who is saying that 40 years is most likely?

[edit on 5-2-2005 by zhangmaster]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
the 40 was because that was how long the Jews wandered in the desert

“Surely none of the men that came up out of Egypt, from twenty years old and upward, shall see the land which I sware unto Abraham, unto Isaac, unto Jacob; because they have not wholly followed me: Save Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite, and Joshua the son of Nun: for they have wholly followed the Lord. And the Lord’s anger was kindled against Israel, until all the generation, that had done evil in the sight of the Lord, was consumed”

BUT
I just realized that this was pronounced against the men who were 20 years and older so now we can have a 40 or a 60 since the same rule can be applied to either case

120 is the age that God said mans life would be limited to, so we have to consider that.

I forget where 100 came in at, but someone made a good case for it once

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
People you know that the so called book of revelations was added after the church to over and became powerfull.

Also the book of revelations was not part of the original bible texts.

So the ends of times is just as debatable as the Da Vinci Code.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Marge
You should know the books of
Daniel
Ezekeil
Isiah
Joel
Jeremiah
etc...
They all prophecy the end times and revelation is a rehash / confirmation

zhangmaster,

I found the 100 year' source

Genesis 15.
The Hebrews were captive in Egypt for 400 years. That is actually rounded down for some reason. The real number was said to be 430 years.

Gen 15:13 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;
Gen 15:14 And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.
Gen 15:15 And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.
Gen 15:16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.

So that makes my guesses (and thats all they are) 40,60,100,120

[edit on 5-2-2005 by jake1997]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I will have to add the the end of times have been moved forward through the years because the set time given has not been reached as today.

The end of times has been over do for over more than a millenia.:shk:

Visions and dreams are just like predictions you always have a choice to change the outcome.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
1.) My girlfriend admits that she is wrong.

2.) My car has no problems for one month straight.

3.) I don't feel the urge to kill at work.

4.) There is actually something on tv worth watching.

5.) I smile.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Eh... all of this anti-christ stuff is so amusing. The fact is, if everyone one wasn't so intent on believing this drivel - it wouldn't happen. But, because so many people do, they will do what it takes to make it happen (it wouldn't happen otherwise).

People force "prophecies" to come true - it's human nature.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
1) Arafat's death causes upheaval in Middle East peace process.

A fully restored Israel with the return of the Jewish people is the "super-sign" of prophecy. The Bible predicts over and over again that Israel must be restored to its biblical borders and the Jews must be back in their homeland – for the events of the end times to unfold… (Jeremiah 30:1-3; Ezekiel 34:11-24; Zechariah 10:6-10).

The death of Yasser Arafat has important bearing on the peace process in the Middle East and the restoration of Israel. Some believe that his removal from the process will make peace more achievable and potentially allow the prophecy of Israel to be fulfilled. Others fear that his demise will throw the region into chaos if a struggle for Palestinian power ensues. Palestinian infighting could deadlock progress of the Middle East peace talks. Regardless of the impact, his death has refocused the world's attention on Israel and peace in the Middle East. And as the Bible predicts that Israel will be the battleground for all great end-time conflicts and wars – this is exactly what we should expect if the end is drawing near.

Hey Pisk , did you hear something I didnt , I thought the Israelies where pulling out of some of the areas which in biblical times where of Israel. I would assume this could not happen in following with prophacies, also the pull out is to facilitate the peace process, and if peace is achieved war will surely befall them as soon as Israel goes to get the land back after peace is achieved.

2) Islamic rebellion terrorizes "Ancient Babylon."

The city of Babylon, located on the Euphrates River in modern Iraq, is mentioned almost 300 times in the Bible. It is consistently portrayed as a place of rebellion and pride. Scripture informs us that in the end times, Babylon will be rebuilt into a great city that will serve as a commercial and religious capital for the Antichrist.

The anti christ is supposed to come from Sameria by birth isn't he, the war now involves a king or leader from the US and former Iraq and an insurgent leader who is from what was it egypt or jordan , but even the Iraqi leader was from an area outside the target zone wasnt he from outside Iraqi origginally.

In November U.S. troops pounded Fallujah. The intent for this assault on the Sunni terrorist hotbed was clear. Bring peace to Iraq so the elections can proceed in January. The U.S. and its coalition are trying to bring peace and stability to Iraq. This seems to be setting the stage for the rebuilding of Babylon – another sign that the coming of Christ may be very soon.

Again the leader of the overwhelming peace in the area is supposed to be from sameria right, and what about Gog/Magog they are supposed to be involved in the war somewheres arnt they.

3) Europe unites as a powerful empire.

The prophet Daniel predicted a reunited Roman Empire in the End Times. According to the Bible, at the middle of the seven-year tribulation, the Antichrist will take over and rule the world for the final three and a half years of this age. To do this, he will need an army and advanced weaponry.

Okay well the EU is the same land mass coverage as the original roman empire plush some , but the advanced weapons in the area are US and the US and UK are allies is that to say the US is part of this new roman empire ,by both alied status, and occupying govermental and military force in Iraq.

[edit on 6/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If you are going to declare where the AC will come from, you should use scripture to show it.

If you are going to say that the end times have moved through history, then you should quote the bible on when it said the end time was going to be.

Israel became a country again in 1948
Capture Jerusalem in 1967

The people of the prince to come are the ones who destroyed the temple in 70AD
The romans.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
If you are going to declare where the AC will come from, you should use scripture to show it.

OOOOHHHH OOOOHHH wait Ill be back with that just because I forget some of us actually dont really look in the bible I will have to find it for you to look up.

If you are going to say that the end times have moved through history, then you should quote the bible on when it said the end time was going to be.

Wrong there is no date or exact time just hints its approaching. the end times date is described like this in the bible.

For no man shall know the day or the week of his return for he shall return and grief and sorrow shall trevail apon them like a woman with child.

Meaning it will be unexpected period.

Israel became a country again in 1948
Capture Jerusalem in 1967

Israel has never to date been totally reborn of her biblical grandure, the establishment of a state has nothing to do with it , it is the reassemilation of all those who shall return to her and she becomes then the Israel of the bible for now she is spread to the four winds, only recently have people started moving back to Israel, and an interesting side note Israel now owns Half of the rights to Jaruesalem and are working to get the west side in the peace negotiations.

The people of the prince to come are the ones who destroyed the temple in 70AD
The romans.

Correct but the roman empire must rise and fall again now here it gets shady , popular opinion of the falling of the roman empire this time is the fact the roman church has fallen to bankruptcy and sex scandal and accusations of the theft of artifacts in 70ad and that they are still hiding the Items in the vatican , but the papacy is afraid of returning the artifacts because of prophacy that they shall rebuild the temple and the artifacts shall be placed in the temple restoring it, Now couple that all with the belief that the changes in the Pope becoming more Bible compliant and less roman catholic and accepting some key points the churched refused to accept ove the centuries and now the pope is dying , some think that is the last step in the fall.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Again, I would ask you to use scripture, not reasoning.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
Again, I would ask you to use scripture, not reasoning.

As I dont know which version of bible you have I will go with all the ones I
have and break them down into topics okay , now this first topic,

End times or return of Christ

King James version, New International Version, Concordance version as follows

statement of coming and judgement without specific date of execution

Ezekiel 7:2 thru 7:16
Isaish 21:11-12
Isaiah 26:21 ; 66:15-16
Isaiah 64:1
Daniel 7:9-14
Daniel 12:9
Amos 5:18
Micah 1:3-4

there is more in Daniel, John, and Revelation on the first subjest , there are approx 23 differnt verses throughout the bible on the first subject

now to the second subject The origins of the anti-christ the place I named was incorrect but was named in a questioning manor , having reviewed some info at the following link it reminded me that Syria/Assyria was the place I was trying to think of.

www.salach.org...

Im not done yet I am just posting cause have to leave do not comment till finished please I will edit this message till finished.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Like a thief in the night...

There are two trains of thought on this. If you believe Hank Hannigraf, Revelation already took place around 70AD with Nero being the antiChrist. If you believe those like Joyce Meyer and Tim LeHaye, it's coming in the future. If you believe me, this, like most messianic prophesies, applies to two events, like the coming of David and Christ. Like the sabbath, I believe Revelation can be applied to Nero's time, but that is but a shadow of when Christ comes back.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join