It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London overrun with immigrants

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: RedDragon

I guess having such an open and successful culture gives it a shelf life that other cultures don't have to endure.

I still disagree. You said that it's due to being both open and successful. Japan is one of the richest countries in the world. Japanese people would be a minority in Tokyo, like ethnic British people are apparently a minority in London, if Japan allowed it. They don't allow it though. So, Tokyo is still a 'Japanese' city and Japan will remain a homeland for 'Japanese' people for the foreseeable distant future.

It's only due to being open.

edit on 4/10/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
What a ridiculous post. Most of them are probably LONDONERS.

Just because they're not the same colour as you, don't mean they're immigrants. The ignorance of the OP is astounding.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: zinc12
a reply to: Misterlondon

I think that when the decline of basic manners and respect is observed in a society it marks the decline of a civilization and the first pointers to its death...bye bye London, your going down the pan...fast!

So you're claiming that London is circling the plughole, based on one visit in which you saw a lot of non-white people.
Personally speaking I have not noticed any such decline in basic manners. There. My view therefore cancels out your view. Status quo therefore exists.

Although I don't agree with a lot of what the op is saying.

To be honest, I have seen a decline in basic manners.. Massively over that last 10-15 years.
edit on 10/4/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I have been staying with friends in London and the place is absolutely overrun with immigrants. Went out for drinks at the weekend and we were the only white people on the entire Bus home (and the bus was full).

It makes me laugh because on TV they pose the question "does London have an immigration problem" are you serious!

I checked it see if there were ans statistics and all I could find was a 2011 consensus that stated 55% of Londoners were non white but its more like 80% non white from my observation.

At the bars I observed many white females flirting with non-white males, so I guess that settles it then, the future of England is not white!

So your version of "non immigrant" in London is just the white people? What a bigoted, highly offensive, racist opinion. Where are the mods on this thread? Why hasn't it been removed?

If you take a bus ride, you're probably riding with what would mostly be poorer people who can't afford other methods of transportation. And yes, among poor Londoners, many of them will be people of color. To assume the immigration population of London is the same as one busload of people is ignorance at its highest. In your world, if you rode a bus in Chelsea, you'd probably assume that the entire population of London is WHITE.

You're probably in a part of London where there are a lot of people of color. I'm sure I can find some Londoners who would be very happy to explain to you that many British born Londoners are of different colors, and are not "immigrants".

You don't like it? Leave. Go find yourself a nice white community. Somewhere in the 1950s.

What a despicable human being.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Look, I'm just trying to understand.

I'm not passing judgment. I understand the point your making to a cultural heritage that might disappear.

But people are people. They meet, fall in love, marry and have kids.

It is not a cultural necessity (in many places) that one should find someone of their same heritage.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Do I hear an invalid whose entire family over here are immigrants talking about an immigrant problem...

Yeah, I'll pass.

By the way I don't believe your little story.
I'm from Acton.

And depending on whether you went to North, East, South, or West your entire story has a 50:50 chance of being absolute s#.

Camden?????
LoL

You haven't got a clue.
edit on 10-4-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Spelling.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

Just because they're not the same colour as you, don't mean they're immigrants. The ignorance of the OP is astounding.

I don't think the op is referring to skin colour but people not born in the UK.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I have been staying with friends in London and the place is absolutely overrun with immigrants.

Well i suppose it's better than being overrun with Redneck Bigots.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

I think you're doing backflips for a racist.

He clearly mentioned white girls flirting with non whites and his apparent disgust at that sort of stuff.

I'm 3/4 Irish...
I know their racism first hand.
edit on 10-4-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Spelling.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Hmmm, I wonder why you didn't mention any countries in the Americas with your examples? Care to explain Canada, the US, and Argentina? Or why Latin American countries are even called "Latin" in the first place?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: Misterlondon

I think you're doing backflips for a racist.

He clearly mentioned white girls flirting with non whites and his apparent disgust at that sort of stuff.

I'm 3/4 Irish...
I know their racism first hand.

A fellow actonian
I wonder if we know each other.

OK fair enough the comment about girls flirting with non whites was bang out of order but I was under the assumption the op was talking about people not born here.

BTW.. How can you be 3/4 Irish.. I thought your either full or 1/2..
edit on 10/4/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The British has this thing called an Empire. They were all citizens of the Empire and could live anywhere in the Empire they chose. This is why you find white English people living all over the world. Most of the UKs modern immigrants come from the EU or the Commonwealth (the former Empire) The largest group is from Poland 15%, then India, Ireland, Italy, Pakistan, Romania, Lithuania, Portugal, France and Germany. Most immigrants move to London, 36% of London population. Most of them are white Europeans.

So clearly London is not over run. And if the OP is being honest and ended up on a bus with no white people he encountered a pretty staggering statistic as the odds would be strongly against it. Of course trying to judge who is an immigrant by skin color is pretty stupid and pretty damn racists.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon

a reply to: AngryCymraeg

[SNIP]

Your own words are enough. Anyway, being a resident of London I'm proud to live in a city that is such a melting pot. I have not noticed any decline in basic manners (whatever those are exactly) and my wife has a wide spectrum of friends whose original families come from all over the world. Do you know how they describe themselves? British. And proud of it.

If British people started moving en masse to Beijing and it became majority white people, could you really call Beijing Chinese at that point? Even if all the British people learned Chinese and got Chinese citizenship?

It'd still be a city belonging to the Chinese government. So, it would technically still be Chinese. But calling it Chinese at that point would be pretty dishonest, don't you think? Can a 70% white Beijing really be Chinese?

I think it's a limitation of the language that we use. We use the word 'British' to describe several different, unrelated things: ethnicity, culture, government, etc. We should have different words for each of these to avoid errors in thought.

So, yes London is still 'British'. But not really.

The last Chinese person in Beijing would be waving a flag saying "its a healthy mix" lol

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Hmmm, I wonder why you didn't mention any countries in the Americas with your examples? Care to explain Canada, the US, and Argentina? Or why Latin American countries are even called "Latin" in the first place?

Because ethnic cultures around the Americas have already been cleansed. Their present is Europe's future.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

We might do, Mister.
Acton is a small world.

I have 3 Irish grandparents and 1 Scottish, hence the 3/4s.

Sorry for my bluntness, sir.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Yeah I predict 50 years from now the only people living in London will be those who cant afford a plain ticket out it will be perhaps similar to Detroit

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Explain, you have something against the Irish?

Being part Irish myself no. But I noticed that you compared non-whites to animals, so I guess that we know what your problem is.

That the cultures they come from are akin to animalistic?

Because they are, and yes, any sane person would object, are you mental?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Yeah Londoners speaking in foreign accents and other languages..interesting experiment go to china on a bus and close your eyes and listen, what's that you hear...Chinese

Go to Japan sit on a bus, close your eyes and what's that you can hear...Japanese

Go to London, sit on a bus and close your eyes and what's that you hear....don't know but its not English.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Hey man ,INSHALLA right?
THEIR words OUR place in the world...

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Nm
edit on 10-4-2016 by misscurious because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join