It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London overrun with immigrants

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12
a reply to: Misterlondon

I am from Ireland and my ancestry is Irish with some Scottish....and yes I noticed the rudeness, pushing in front whilst at bars, acting like a bunch of animals, no etiquette, no manners, no respect.

(Facepalm).
Ah, we have the root of the problem.

link   

Camden town and Acton and central

link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: zinc12

The biggest city I live near is Toronto, it's a melting pot of all creeds of people. Go one block won't see a white person, go another you'll see a mix, it's very rare you see all white people. Maybe in the financial district, but it's stilled mixed, lots of asians.
When I went to London for the first time last year, I never really noticed, because I am used to it when I go to a big city.
Now that I think about it, pretty much all major cities are diverse with nationalities and such. It's just the world we live in now.
Only place you will see majority white people is probably in Scandinavian nations.

Try Chinese and Japanese cities, not many 'strange' faces... plus Sweden is being overrun, and Denmark.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Explain, you have something against the Irish?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

I have been staying with friends in London and the place is absolutely overrun with immigrants. Went out for drinks at the weekend and we were the only white people on the entire Bus home (and the bus was full).

It makes me laugh because on TV they pose the question "does London have an immigration problem" are you serious!

I checked it see if there were ans statistics and all I could find was a 2011 consensus that stated 55% of Londoners were non white but its more like 80% non white from my observation.

At the bars I observed many white females flirting with non-white males, so I guess that settles it then, the future of England is not white!

And is it a problem for you that whites and non whites are breeding and non whites are becoming a majority?

London is the main hub of Britain and has always had a healthy mix of cultures, it's amazing.

I really don't see your issue, unless of course you don't like non whites or think Britain should be white.

Well, you can talk about integration all you want and that's great. But, at the end of the day, it does man that traditional British culture will die and be replaced by something else. Call it evolving if you want.

Japanese people have a homeland. Chinese people do. Arabs do. Iranians do. Pakistanis do. European ethnicities don't or won't anymore. And once it's gone, it's impossible to get back. That's something to think about. It is ethnic suicide -- the same end result as genocide or ethnic cleansing but without violence.

Kind of like the non-violent takeover of humanity that some people on this site think that Aliens are doing.

Of course, if your ethnicity and your ethnic culture aren't important to you, it's no big deal. It's not to me.

Of course, you could say the same thing about humanity. If you oppose the non-violent takeover of humanity by aliens because you are a 'humanist' or a 'speciest' or just like being human.. is that any different than opposing the same thing happening to your ethnicity?
edit on 4/10/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Last time I checked the British still have one of the highest number of patents in the world so I guess that "luck" your talking about is still alive and kicking !

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Explain, you have something against the Irish?

Being part Irish myself no. But I noticed that you compared non-whites to animals, so I guess that we know what your problem is.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

Heterogeneity was only a matter of time.

But you do bring up an interesting point.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

ATTENTION!

Stop talking about each other. NOW.

That's off topic. Post about the OP topic.....or do not post at all.

Anymore posts about each other will be considered Off Topic and will be removed.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Heterogeneity was only a matter of time.

But you do bring up an interesting point.

No, it's not/ wasn't. China is going to remain Chinese, Japan is going to remain Japanese, Pakistan will remain Pakistani, Iran will remain Iranian, etc. for the next hundreds of years at least. All those ethnicities will still be around and have their own ethnic lands too.

Many western Europeans will lose their ethnic homelands within decades. Within centuries, it's not even a question. There will be more non-Germans than ethnic Germans in Germany. There will be more non-French than ethnic French in France. The only question is if western European ethnicities will be completely cleaned from existence or if they will maintain small numbers.

I look at this in a strange way. Imagine China being 70% white? Imagine Iran or Japan being 70% white? That would be.. kind of unappealing. There's something that I don't like about it and I think that most people would agree -- they'd rather Japan stay Japanese. I don't want to visit Tokyo and feel like I'm in Sweden. I don't want to go to China and see more white people than Chinese people. I respect the Chinese people and their history and it would be disconcerting to destroy all that, pretending that it's not important and that anyone who thinks that it is important is just a bigot.

There's something nice about having so many cultures and peoples worldwide and it would be a shame to blend them all together into one superculture.

edit on 4/10/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

[SNIP]

Your own words are enough. Anyway, being a resident of London I'm proud to live in a city that is such a melting pot. I have not noticed any decline in basic manners (whatever those are exactly) and my wife has a wide spectrum of friends whose original families come from all over the world. Do you know how they describe themselves? British. And proud of it.
edit on 4/10/2016 by eriktheawful because: Snipped removed post quote.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I am from Ireland and my ancestry is Irish with some Scottish....and yes I noticed the rudeness, pushing in front whilst at bars, acting like a bunch of animals, no etiquette, no manners, no respect.

Yes.. I too am from Irish decent.. First generation.
Technically we are immigrants too although the cultures due to proximity have always mixed and had similarities.
Bars and pubs are usually predominantly white though. I'd be interested to know where you were.

And the rudeness and lack of manners I can fully relate to, we have always been a polite nation so it is a bit of a hard pill to swallow.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I guess having such an open and successful culture gives it a shelf life that other cultures don't have to endure.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I think that when the decline of basic manners and respect is observed in a society it marks the decline of a civilization and the first pointers to its death...bye bye London, your going down the pan...fast!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Scouse100

I made it fairly clear, when you get on a bus and your the only white person in a country originally populated by white people then you must conclude the place has a serious immigration problem...or as the other guy said "a healthy mix"

Yes you have made it clear you feel we have an immigration problem but I am none the wiser as to what your problem with immigration is.

And I still dispute that you can base the demographic of an entire city and even country on one bus load!!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Camden town and Acton and central

I am actually from Acton originally and until recently always had a high Irish, aussie and Caribbean population. Now has a lot of Somalian and polish. Camden is an area that is a real melting pot though and always has been.
edit on 10/4/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

[SNIP]

Your own words are enough. Anyway, being a resident of London I'm proud to live in a city that is such a melting pot. I have not noticed any decline in basic manners (whatever those are exactly) and my wife has a wide spectrum of friends whose original families come from all over the world. Do you know how they describe themselves? British. And proud of it.

If British people started moving en masse to Beijing and it became majority white people, could you really call Beijing Chinese at that point? Even if all the British people learned Chinese and got Chinese citizenship?

It'd still be a city belonging to the Chinese government. So, it would technically still be Chinese. But calling it Chinese at that point would be pretty dishonest, don't you think? Can a 70% white Beijing really be Chinese?

I think it's a limitation of the language that we use. We use the word 'British' to describe several different, unrelated things: ethnicity, culture, government, etc. We should have different words for each of these to avoid errors in thought.

So, yes London is still 'British'. But not really.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I think that when the decline of basic manners and respect is observed in a society it marks the decline of a civilization and the first pointers to its death...bye bye London, your going down the pan...fast!

So you're claiming that London is circling the plughole, based on one visit in which you saw a lot of non-white people.
Personally speaking I have not noticed any such decline in basic manners. There. My view therefore cancels out your view. Status quo therefore exists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join