It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SkepticOverlord, please weigh in......

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Being inconsiderate of feelings is no basis for yourself to call someone inconsiderate.

Applies both ways. Enjoy.
a reply to: imjack
edit on 10-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

By all means allow bullying on your site, (which is now an illegal activity), do nothing about it while this thread evidences it occurred, people read it, brought it to the owners attention, and all that was offered by the owner is "People suck"....

Do you have a LEGAL obligation to investigate this crime of bulkying, SO?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
My approach: i try to stop thinking about chocolate covered, bacon wrapped krispie kreme's long enough to make fun of the argument people put forth when its denigrating to fat folks.

Its hard. I mean, i get distracted by stuff like cakes and pies. But when i can focus, and stop shovelling food in my mouth, I try to just lampoon the rude argument.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

By all means allow bullying on your site, (which is now an illegal activity), do nothing about it while this thread evidences it occurred, people read it, brought it to the owners attention, and all that was offered by the owner is "People suck"....

Do you have a LEGAL obligation to investigate this crime of bulkying, SO?

In all seriousness....if you see it and don't like it, alert it. very simple. ;up: click alert, and go on with your day.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: VP740
a reply to: nullafides

Remember the alert button. I agree that there should be decorum, and some comments in that thread were uncivil; but objecting to the unpleasantness of being wedged in with a person who takes more space than is available shouldn't be brought to censorship, nor should debate on the responsibility of the individual for ending up in that condition. If you say that discussion should take place without name calling I'm with you though.

I have seen equal contempt expressed towards others (including your sacred cows), and that thread isn't making exceptions to allow discrimination against the obese.

Except the thread wasn't about being jammed in next to an overly large person. It was about the disrespect, manhandling and treating the obese person as a criminal.....all for being obese. It could have been handled better by the airline.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
ITT - Fat people making up excuses

'Every person is different and reacts differently' - excuses
'I was on meds' - excuses
'I have the right to be how I want to be' - excuses
'It's hormonal' - excuses

Only the ones that aren't willing to change are the ones that come up with justifications for their solvable issues.
If you're obese, it's all your fault, at this point you can easily change diets and lose all the extra weight, like LITERALLY, go vegan, exercise and stop making up excuses to feel better about yourself or to make people feel bad for making fun of a person who has no self-esteem and love for themselves because who in their right minds would let themselves become obese?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

imjack, people like you are the problem.....you and the others that type 'eat a salad" or eat less.. or just change or adjust medication... you people who have never personally dealt with being YOUR body being fat, but think you are an expert
it's not black and white, it's not 1 size fits all, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another.

my friend for over 40 years was always big. I was 5'6 and she was 5'3 at one point she lived with us for a year so I know what she was eating...I exercise and do muscle building,. . so she started working out and exercising with me.

I have most of my life been skinny....and I always ate more than she did.....she lost weight and built muscle but at her lowest she was still 50 pounds heavier then me (and 3 inches shorter) and it didn't last long..she gained the weight back.

I think she was almost 300 pounds at her heaviest, an I can tell you she was so embarrassed, humiliated" depressed, to the point of not wanting to go out of the house...I got her to go in the pool several times a week...it was great for her because she did have a physical medical limitation not fixable, so she could never use a treadmill or an elliptical machine or run or backpack .... being in the pool 20 minutes is like exercises 40 minutes on land and easier on the joints..( tho .it was bad for the person who posted earlier) we would kinda run in place and talk and do scissor kicks and leg kicks

she got down to around 190 never lower then that , was easier to walk and get around with the lesser weight and stronger legs...but she would never be skinny...but according to you imjack she shouldn't be fat because her thyroid was normal

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Maybe this thread will motivate the OP to lose some weight! 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, a year....you have to commit. There are overweight and obese people at my work and it does strike a feeling with me when I see them pigging out, like having a big lunch with a soda and cake after...while I drink water and have a PB&J.

I needed to lose at least 20 lbs and eventually I caved and did one of those pyramid scheme diets, AdvoCare and it worked. There are simple things you can eliminate that will help you lose weight, like sauces, junk food, and soda. I'm not sure it can work for an obese person but fasting works the best and has lots of health benefits.

The most important thing with trying to quit any bad habit is not to relapse. If you break your diet half way through, all that work you put in will be lost, you'll immediately gain all your weight back and have to start again.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteWine

Only the ones that aren't willing to change are the ones that come up with justifications for their solvable issues.
If you're obese, it's all your fault, at this point you can easily change diets and lose all the extra weight, like LITERALLY, go vegan, exercise and stop making up excuses to feel better about yourself or to make people feel bad for making fun of a person who has no self-esteem and love for themselves because who in their right minds would let themselves become obese?

are you really THAT dense??? you DO know that people who have been abused /molested , they gain weight exactly to shield themselves to keep people away from them so it doesn't happen again...what you said is an insult to them...and it doesn't get resolved until they get the therapy to work though it....

you've never been fat ,you have no clue....
edit on 10-4-2016 by research100 because: nothing

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

game was your reply to me??? well my friend passed away last year, so not gonna lose weight!!!

they have found that some people when they eat something supposedly healthy, it shoots their blood sugar up where as the rest of us it wouldn't do that....but how is a person to know???

these 4 women they ate a candy bar one day and whole wheat bread the next day and their blood sugar was tested...two tested much lower when they ate the bread , the other 2 tested much lower for the candy bar, and had a big spike for the whole wheat bread.....and the two who spiked on the bread where definitely fatter then the other two.....

I read there is a huge study where they are testing a bunch of different foods, each person gets their own personal list of items to avoid depending on their test results.....they tested healthy foods to see which ones where causing the surprising spikes so the people could substitute another healty food in it; place

this part of the puzzle

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteWhiner

You said it yourself, and I bet you still don't get it.

...who in their right minds would let themselves become obese?

If it was as easy as you say it is, for everyone, then no one would be obese, at least most would not be. I don't speak for everyone.

Is it an excuse for a person with severe arthritis to not lift weights or exercise when something as simple as turning the page of a book can be extremely painful and take a long time to accomplish? Is it an excuse for someone with thyroid or hormonal issues to not lose weight as easily as you do? Is it an excuse for someone with an un-diagnosed food allergy to have difficulty with their diet causing unwanted weight gain?

...stop making up excuses to feel better about yourself or to make people feel bad for making fun of a person who has no self-esteem and love for themselves...

So the problem isn't you being a childish bully picking on people. The problem is people who try to explain to you why you shouldn't be that way, even though clearly you are incapable of understanding the concept?

And you think obese people are the ones making excuses for incorrect behavior???

"Its YOUR fault I pick on you."

Does the word 'delusional' come up in conversation much with you? Just sayin...

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

All I'm reading are excuses. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

I don't do excuses -- I do change.

I refuse to be put into a box, labeled, and made to feel a certain way because of the society around me. I make my own life decisions and choices.

I am the action hero of my story, I am the author; and I refuse to let someone else sit down at the keyboard or take the pen and write the story for me.

Things will never change if you've given up or live on "Someday Island". Someday Island feels good, it has beaches and all the Corona beer you can drink.

Someday Island? It's fake. It's not real, it's imaginary and isn't helping move you forward to the goals or place you want and know you should be. If you want something for yourself that you don't have, you must be willing to do something you haven't done before. There's no way around that. You won't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket. You won't learn to drive if you never sit in a car.

Being obese isn't how human beings were designed to be. Diabetes, joint problems, high cholesterol, heart disease, high blood pressure -- all of these co-morbidities are things obese people deal with. If people were supposed to carry around tons of extra adipose tissue, none of those medical issues would be prevalent or exist in obese people.

It's not about fitting into some kind of accepted societal norm -- it's about being healthy and seeing your kids grow up to be adults. It's about not waking up in the middle of the night gasping for air. It's about not looking at a set of stairs with fear. It's about not wanting to die at 50 prematurely. It's about feeling healthy, knowing you are treating your body right.

Gastric bypass is not nearly as "fatal" as you present. People scared of change will work themselves up into irrational fear over something in order to keep themselves on Someday Island. If you live live on Someday Island because its comfortable, you're only doing yourself a grave disservice.

You weren't put on Earth to live an easy, comfortable life -- you are here to learn and grow. Life will continue to throw uncomfortable things at you to motivate you to learn and grow; regardless if you do anything or not. Why not make yourself uncomfortable on your own accord, take life and live it on YOUR terms instead of just letting life happen to you?

Do you want to be a passive observer of life, or do you want to be an active participant? Do you want to just complain and whine about how bad of a lot in life you have, seeking attention and pitty from others? No? Then do something -- change your attitude, change your words, thoughts, emotions and outlook.

No one is going to give you permission to live your dreams, so stop waiting around for someone to tell you what to do. No one else is holding any of you back, no one else is keeping any of you from being who you want to be. Your greatest enemy is the person you see staring back at you in mirror in the morning.

And when you can look at that person in the mirror with determination and fire, with passion and motivation and know -- not just feel, but KNOW you can defeat that person...you will know success. There is nothing that cannot be overcome by the power of the human mind.

Everything around you right now all started of as a thought in someone's head. How many thoughts of yours have come true? How many thoughts have you made into things? I challenge each and every one of you reading this to not just think, dream, and lounge on Someday Island. I challenge you all to make those thoughts and dreams become actual, tangible things in the real world.

This world is slowly dying due to the lack of good ideas becoming good things. We are all being lulled to sleep and told to hang out on Someday Island, and that our ship will eventually swing by to pick us up. Well I'm here to say that they ought to rename Someday Island to Forever Island because that ship isn't ever coming. It never set sail. The only way you're getting off Someday Island is to build a damn raft yourself, brave the waves and sail away.

Scary? Hell yes it is -- but those people across the water in Success City? They didn't get there by just feeling sorry for themselves. They built rafts and braved the unknown, having faith that their determination and fire would get them across safely.

I'm tired of being around people that tell me that can't this or can't that -- well you know what? If you use words like that all day you never will! How we feel influences what we think about , and what we think about influences what we do. What we do in life is what makes or breaks our dreams.

I am living proof of the power of the human mind. I decided one day that I was tired of letting life happen TO me. I was tired of being scared of things like death. I decided I wanted death to be scared of ME. I started sharpening rocks and making tools to cut down palm trees. I had no idea how to build a raft, but I decided it didn't matter. I'd figure it out as I went. I'd rather at least try to build a raft to escape Someday Island than just complain about being stuck there.

Now? Well, I'm still not quite at Success City, but I'm no longer stuck on Someday Island. I can see the buildings much more clearly now, and I have ZERO doubt that my raft will get me there if I keep paddling. It's like a snowball effect. The closer I get, the faster I go. The faster I go, the closer I get.

There were a lot of people who tried to get me to stay. Many people who told me I was stupid, dumb, selfish and a bunch of other negative words. I didn't listen to them because in the end their opinions don't matter. I wasn't going to let other people decide for me who, what, or how my life was going to turn out.

I live my life for me, and I make no apologies.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

these 4 women they ate a candy bar one day and whole wheat bread the next day and their blood sugar was tested...two tested much lower when they ate the bread , the other 2 tested much lower for the candy bar, and had a big spike for the whole wheat bread.....and the two who spiked on the bread where definitely fatter then the other two.....

Well this is part of the problem, a lack of education and personal accountability.

Modern wheat spikes insulin levels more than sugar. But that information is readily available for anyone who wants to lose weight and take on accountability for their journey.

And the first thing any nutritionist worth their weight will do when a client comes in and wants to lose weight is to look at their diet and makes changes. Out goes the

processed food
fast food
candy
soda
most bread
pasta

As those foods are known to pack on the pounds and/or inflame the gut. But again, this information is more accessible than ever before. Lack of education isn't an excuse although folks are free to do what they like.

You joke about a salad but that's one of the first thing anyone needing to lose weight will be instructed to do, eat 1-2 salads every day. It's common sense if you know a bit about food, caloric intake and how the body processes various foods.

Sorry, but pulling the victim card is just that, pulling the victim card and milking it. If someone eats a normal caloric intake for their body weight(can be easily found) and eats organic, non-gmo food, lots of grass fed meat and fruits/veggies, cuts out all the processed crap and crap filled with chemicals/additives and lives an active lifestyle, they'll either be fit or well on their way.

No one is required to do any of that but stop pretending like it's one of life's insurmountable tasks. Go into any gym across America and many are making those changes as we speak because they want to. They didn't require therapy and someone to hold their hand through the process, they just got off their asses and did it for themselves. It's called motivation.
edit on 10-4-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Curious why this thread is still open wasn't the question answered or is it still open so people could feel better about their own self??

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Enough people have hacked my # on this bull#### website to find pictures of me. Your denial of legitimately good reasoning is more ugly than any fat person I've ever seen.

I'm 111lbs.

Pffft. Btw read the post I quoted at the bottom. I'll add it again
edit on 10-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

my friend died of cancer...CANCER , that causes you to barely be able to eat ..... even CANCER couldn't starve the fat out of her.....I will say throughtout her life she did not go on any extreme crazy diets, she did not want to spend her life yoyoing up and down, because that is so bad for you.

it's not just losing the weight, it's KEEPING it off..2 different things... how many actually KEEP it off for a long term ???? the statistics are not good 65% gain the weight back in 3 years and if you do an crash diet only 5% keep it off.

yes there are amazing stories out there of weight loss and it is incredible, and I commend them they worked really hard and found the right combination to work for them.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

Enough people have hacked my # on this bull#### website to find pictures of me. Your denial of legitimately good reasoning is more ugly than any fat person I've ever seen.

I'm 111lbs.

Lol of course you have proof right?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join