It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I believe in Ghosts and not God?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
"Can I believe in Ghosts and not God?"

Interesting question and the answer is Yes.

That is because GOD is so undefined.

I used to live with a ghost that would bother me in my sleep. HE would appear to me in my subconscious and harass me. Which would piss me off so much that I would wake up suddenly in anger, lashing out at him, fully aware that I was not dreaming and remembering it all vividly.

There is a twilight zone between your sub-conscious and your conscious and ghost can inhabit that. And it only takes a second for you to switch between the two.

It is a hard thing to describe if you have not been thru it yourself, but that is the best way I can put it into words. He was not doing anything in the waken world, though he had originally, he was just haunting my sleep world.

But I digress, the point I was going to make was that one night I heard the same phrase over and over and over and when I awoke it was imbedded in my memory. I think it was HE that was telling me this, though I have no logical reason as to why he would let me in on this secret, unless he was lying. But what he told me was

“Intelligence is the Deity”

It was like a ghost telling me what God is.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I just Googled that phrase and this is what I found.

"I. Infinite Intelligence. Infinite Intelligence is the Deity, the designing and creating energy for all that exists in the Universe.

II. One Universe/Many Dimensions. From one source came all. No matter surface differences, all is within us and each of us is within all else.

III. The Immortal Soul. The soul is eternal. The body dies but the spirit lives on.

IV. Communication Between the Material and the Non-Material Worlds. Spirit transcends dimensions. All souls, flesh and spirit communicate with each other.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Sociopath much?

To hell with conscience right?

Mind always moving running and chasing and eh who cares about what it crashes into and rolls over... cause the almighty me is coming through.

That's what looking at oneself in the mirror without saying a word as it lifts the hand ands squeezes those pimples from a command issued by the eye huh? Or was it an unconscious prompt from society saying it is unacceptable to appearances that raised it for the hive mind that has ruled it unsightly?

Will that be cause for pause the next time sitting face to face? Staring into the void that passes and latches onto the material to feed like a hungry infant?

That is it's nature after all... man or mosquito? Feeding or bleeding whats the difference once slapped right?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

why can't someone who doesn't believe in God be of the belief that a energy entity can exist without it's biological host?

What do you mean by energy in energy entity because its definitely not your normal type of energy. If theist had the soul thing figured out, what makes you think they don't have the rest figured out?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Can you re-ask your question please? You are not being very clear.
edit on 11-11-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Can you re-ask your question please? You are not being very clear.

"why can't someone who doesn't believe in God be of the belief that a energy entity can exist without it's biological host? "

Define what you mean by energy. Its not the normal definition because you are using it as an adjective. So I am trying to get a better understanding of what you mean by energy entity.

The second question would be if you believe there is an afterlife, what keeps you from believing in some type of god or gods?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join