It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I believe in Ghosts and not God?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Visitor2012

I was talking about the cells in your body. The ones contained within and on your skin.
That's hard to understand?

Yes, "you" are the amalgamation of everything that is part of your body.

Whatever. Never mind.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I was talking about the cells in your body. The ones contained within and on your skin.
That's hard to understand?

Yes, "you" are the amalgamation of everything that is part of your body.

Whatever. Never mind.

The only thing I agree with in your statement, is the use of the quotation marks . Because the subject, which is the only you I'm talking about, is NOT even remotely what belongs to it. You're stating this fact more than I am. I'll just say, we're talking about two completely different things. I'm talking about the subject, you're talking about the body which belongs to it.
edit on 12-7-2016 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You're talking about ghosts, then. Right?

Yes, I think ghosts exist whether or not there is a "God."

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I'm talking about the subject, which is you. Are you a ghost?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

do you think ghosts are recordings, or sentient entities? impressions of the past or revenants? there are a lot of accounts that lend credence to both possibilities. i hate to get hollywood about it, but the conjuring films are excellent examples of spirits that are both spacetime files that are activated by certain things and thinking/feeling beings that are very much in the present and aware of whats going on. this seems to imply a sort of energy doorway...but to where? where do these beings or "files" reside? what triggers them? is it dark matter as swanne suggested in his thread on soul energy? any thoughts at all?

or... maybe we need a rhetorical questions forum for people who arent really interested in having an actual discussion.

edit on 12-7-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

jeezzzz....

well......

you know what?

I just stopped caring. Take care everyone.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

That is so so lame. (Cirque du !)

Yeah - your microbes and your toenail cells. They make you. And all of you contains and transmits your cooties.

So, do please shove off. Thanks. Ever so much. In advance.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

do you think ghosts are recordings, or sentient entities? impressions of the past or revenants? there are a lot of accounts that lend credence to both possibilities.

Because I'm familiar with you, I'm going to take these questions at face value.....

I think ghosts are sentient entities.
Revenants.

I have had an experience that left no doubt in my mind. I also had another that defies logic......
and a handful that implied some sort of guiding or protecting kind of arrangement.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

That is so so lame. (Cirque du !)

Yeah - your microbes and your toenail cells. They make you. And all of you contains and transmits your cooties.

So, do please shove off. Thanks. Ever so much. In advance.

Haha. In all the exchanges I've had with people on ATS, I've never seen a response as unpredictably quirky as yours. However, you did make me laugh, so I suppose all is well and good. Cheers mate.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

of course if have substance to support the belief, but not the fact.

I am crazy but not totally nutz, at least I like to think not, could be, I dunno

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Observing oneself in silence is quiessence of thought... it would be peace if others stfu. But with clear seeing there is empathy to that cacophany called suffering despite the form it takes.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

My house is silent for the vast majority of the 24-hour cycle.

I love sitting outside and listening to the wind in the trees, the scampering and birdsong.....

cicadas and crickets and fireflies...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I typically hear all of that and more... the stfu is just floating around as clear hearing from every moment zen can be annoying. It's a siddha I'd rather not have occurring... hearing objects echo a word may be that sudden enlightenment in koan practice but hearing peoples intentions and that constant attachment causing them to suffer... is something within awareness I'd rather not have in experience.

I dont tune into it as it is a cause for becoming, but it is on the fringes of perception and so many that they sort of blend almost into it's own noise... perhaps over time of non attachment to it as I've already noted it saying its not something I want to experience also is the support that gives rise to it.

When I do a formal sitting and experience formlessness all of that is shed away... until several hours later and it seems to just appear on the wind itself random close conversations I'm never a part of nor want to be a part of.

Peculiar phenomena hearing others thoughts, when someone says something and thinks it at the same time it comes off as almost a yell or scream.

It's just that which arises when there is no thought of ones own in any occurrence, in just pure bare awareness of being.

Something I should look into though, to see what the advice is I'm sure there are a few treatises about it. I know Chenrezig buddha is supposed to be the ruler of that sense sphere realm and of course to me the experience of constant suffering of others is no different than experiencing people in hell in my opinion, having empathy for that situation is obvious but only they can alleviate their suffering... and I can only ease it as a distraction because it's likely they wont seek the path to end their attachments that lead to it.

I prefer clear seeing, but of course all sense spheres combine and become the buddha body itself, yet no different already.

If none of this makes any sense, imagine knowing what all those crickets and cicadas etc were chirping(saying) as intelligible if focused on, in what typically sounds like one continuous stream of countless of them.

It of course makes world peace sound like a selfish affair under such circumstances :p

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

BigBrotherDarkness: Observing oneself in silence is quiessence of thought... it would be peace if others stfu. But with clear seeing there is empathy to that cacophany called suffering despite the form takes.

That cacophony is called undirected raw human emotion (I suppose could be labeled human suffering). A vibration/frequency that is screechy or scratchy not unlike static but has tangible energy so wields a punch if one is sensitive to it.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Walk barefoot outside; stay grounded to the earth.........

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Spent several hours yesterday and today outside with my fingers in the dirt ---- when it's perfect for pulling up "weeds"...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
That works; play in the dirt, pull the weeds barefoot. I remember as a child we took our shoes off in May (school end) and did'n't put a pair on until September (school starting). "Grounding" a new school of thought; we are no longer in touch with the magnetics of the the Earth, wearing rubber soled shoes, living off of the ground etc. Movement called 'Earthing" is within the thought control. Although I havent bought one have thought about buying a grounding mat.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You don't need a "grounding mat"....just go outside in your bare feet, and your bare hands. Stand on earth - not turf or mulch - just raw soil. Put your hands in it.....if it's moist enough, dig your fingers in there!!!

The ions interact with your own system's neurons and ions and particles or whatever, and neutralize the bad stuff.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
If not the Human needing grounding; perhaps the Earth instead as could be a mutual exchange of energy?
edit on 14-7-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join