It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I believe in Ghosts and not God?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
What if god is a ghost too.

Aren't you then contradicting yourself? ^^
Holy ghost is real. ;D

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I think that when we die, we are still beings who have the gift of freewill. They say "On earth as it is in heaven", and down here we are given the choice to do all kinds of things. If you notice, when people speak of ghostly entities a lot of time they describe a person who in life was one that died tragically, or suddenly , or were murdered. Choices would be move on to next level, wander around this level for awhile until you feel ready to move on, say" that was fun! I wanna do it again!" and be born as a child again, (Im a believer after googling "Anne Frank reincaration" watch the video of the woman. Its compelling. Or we can stay with The Creator if we died with a pure enough heart and were invited there. I do think there is a special place for those with no conscience, who performed inhumane acts and are pure evil. We all know its out there and that place is below this realm, but has portals to this realm (Bermuda triangle which has claimed more than 500 documented disappearances). It would be one thing if they just died...but not the case. So my answer is " I cant" as in believe in ghosts and not God. I absolutely believe in God and ghosts and heaven and earth, and hell,.....and angels and demons. For me its a no-brainer but Im an old soul with some insight. I can understand where its harder for someone who hasnt experienced Supernatural before. I mean i never knew it existed until I experienced it. I had no idea and hadnt given it much thought. It was terrifying-im honestly surprised i didnt go into shock.
Thats just my take on it. Believe what is real for you

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Leominati

Thats a great point...seriously.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
I don't see any correlation between what we call ghosts and God. According to written accounts, ghosts are the life force/energy of a living organism. God on the other hand, (From my understanding) never lived. He is an all powerful entity that always was and will be. BTW I'm paraphrasing.

Therefore since a ghost is not a God and God is not a ghost, there's no reason to conclude that one establishes credence for the other.

edit on 12-4-2016 by Beowolfs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

EPFL scientists propose a new way of understanding of how the brain processes unconscious information into our consciousness. According to the model, consciousness arises only in time intervals of up to 400 milliseconds, with gaps of unconsciousness in between.

The driver ahead suddenly stops, and you find yourself stomping on your breaks before you even realize what is going on. We would call this a reflex, but the underlying reality is much more complex, forming a debate that goes back centuries: Is consciousness a constant, uninterrupted stream or a series of discrete bits -- like the 24 frames-per-second of a movie reel? Scientists from EPFL and the universities of Ulm and Zurich, now put forward a new model of how the brain processes unconscious information, suggesting that consciousness arises only in intervals up to 400 milliseconds, with no consciousness in between. The work is published in PLOS Biology.

www.sciencedaily.com...

While not discussed in this link. A question of what speeds the unconscious is operating is apparent.
edit on 12-4-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jakball
I think that when we die, we are still beings who have the gift of freewill.

Your 'freewill' is what allowed you to gain an 'individualized personality' that is part and parcel to describing the "Absolute". This individuation is critical to ITS knowing ITSELF through YOU.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Unconscious cognition is the processing of perception, memory, learning, thought, and language without being aware of it.[1]

The role of the unconscious mind on decision making is a topic greatly debated by neuro-scientists and psychologists around the world. Though the actual level of involvement of the unconscious brain during a cognitive process might still be a matter of differential opinion, the fact that the unconscious brain does play a role in cognitive activity is undeniable. Several experiments and well recorded phenomena attest to this fact, for example the illusion-of-truth effect. There have also been several experiments suggesting that the unconscious mind might actually be better at decision making than the conscious mind when there are multiple variables to take into consideration.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
In relation to the conscious speed of "consciousness arises only in time intervals of up to 400 milliseconds".

The Unconscious is processing at actually (in consideration) faster that half that rate.

Conservatively one could consider one third, one quarter, or ten percent, where the rate would be 4000 milliseconds.

A point that in relation to the link is relevant.

Actually a rather interesting topic.

How in construct does one engage in the effort to access the Unconscious?

edit on 12-4-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Very very intriguing! I love it, i surely believe so, more like maybe even know so to an extend. Ive seen ghosts also and well, just like you I dont really like titles. Anyways, my 2 cents on ghosts are just energy that has yet to re destributed or they have to be in a little lower frequency to the 'dead' ones....? Or....as i also like to think, they are wandering around searching for something someone etc...

We are all star dusts anyways with some light inside of us...so....biolightbeings....yeah....

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
believe in both. they both exist. fact.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: happyending

Fact... Yeah...

The thing about facts is that they are very easy to prove and provide evidence for.

I'd be more than willing to hear and see such proof if you'd care to provide it

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yeah. Fact.

Good thread.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I think that traditionally people think religion has overseen the domain of death and spirit, but there is not steadfast rule that the two have to be related.

Much of the world seems to be more interested in compartmentalising various phenomena than the specific phenomenon itself. Why? I don't know, but I would guess it's related to control of the masses and requiring adherence to a collective dogma. Many religious factions seem to have a tithing, and agreement with the terms of that religion seems to be an inducer into paying that tithing, and also with following the precepts of that particular religion.

If there is a God (and I believe there is) surely S/he doesn't want us all to manipulate and castigate each other in H/is/er name.

I don't see why it has to be this way or that. You believe you perceive an essence that survives after a human's body has expired. Why should we struggle for what that is called? I have been accused of being a Universalist. The person did everything but spit after saying it. I looked it up and it didn't sound so bad to me. I don't choose one religious faction over another. There are some factions whose peripheral human rules are off-putting to me.

I also really dislike that those who haven't pledged their alliance are frequently castigated by groups who seem to disdain "free agents". Religion itself seems to be an artifact of humanity.

God doesn't have to be a single entity. It doesn't have to be called "God", or Washtucna, or Buddha, or Kokopelli, or Vishnu, or Allah, or The Is. For me, it is a collective consciousness and a higher power by virtue of its strength and compassion.

Quantum mechanics might be the avenue toward communion with Whatever-it-is. As with Quantum Mechanics, if you attempt to measure a particle, you change the variables. You can measure where a particle probability is, but not it's precise location. I believe that thinking of God in terms of a probability cloud is possibly as good as any other label.

If I am wrong, then it's God's fault, because He/She put this coconut on my shoulders, and it sure as hell wasn't for chanting "baaaa-aaaa" and following the herd.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus
I wish you had directed that post to me.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Feel free to reply. That's what it's there for.
edit on 14/4/16 by argentus because: I kept looking at "fore" and wondering what was wrong with it. That won't get better with age.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
originally posted by: argentus

zazzafrazz:I think that traditionally people think religion has overseen the domain of death and spirit, but there is not steadfast rule that the two have to be related.

argentus: Much of the world seems to be more interested in compartmentalising various phenomena than the specific phenomenon itself. Why? I don't know, but I would guess it's related to control of the masses and requiring adherence to a collective dogma.

Disinformation/misinformation no information is given to the public because we are controlled by a greater Entity; and this is man made (clawing to keep a power it has held for 2000 years). For whatever reason God or the AUO has stepped aside and let this world run rampant. The big looser here is Earth and its environment.

argentus: Many religious factions seem to have a tithing, and agreement with the terms of that religion seems to be an inducer into paying that tithing, and also with following the precepts of that particular religion.

Tithing is a sneaky way to enslave. It is no more different than that same Roman Taxation of its perceived citizenry. We will protect you in your religious faith or your domaine/domicile (want to remain in this community you pay to play).

argentus: If there is a God (and I believe there is) surely S/he doesn't want us all to manipulate and castigate each other in H/is/er name.

(No question someone is in charge); some would call it a Godhead figure I call it my delusional/autistic/BFF.

argentus: I don't see why it has to be this way or that.

It does not; as your experience describes this: ITS MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY (you have other sign posts or exit ramps to follow).

argentus: You believe you perceive an essence that survives after a human's body has expired. Why should we struggle for what that is called? I have been accused of being a Universalist. The person did everything but spit after saying it. I looked it up and it didn't sound so bad to me. I don't choose one religious faction over another. There are some factions whose peripheral human rules are off-putting to me.

How can you? They are all fictitious but the Dogma holds truths to those desperate for meaning "why do I exist".

argentus: I also really dislike that those who haven't pledged their alliance are frequently castigated by groups who seem to disdain "free agents". Religion itself seems to be an artifact of humanity.

Of course it is an invention by the human that is just hanging onto some belief system made up.

argentus: God doesn't have to be a single entity. It doesn't have to be called "God", or Washtucna, or Buddha, or Kokopelli, or Vishnu, or Allah, or The Is. For me, it is a collective consciousness and a higher power by virtue of its strength and compassion.

There are clues here; but for me sadly lacking in substance "Carrot on a Stick" sort of scenario. Just be good; mind yourselves *I do exist* but remain hidden to you none the less (why can't you see me; I am here).

argentus: Quantum mechanics might be the avenue toward communion with Whatever-it-is. As with Quantum Mechanics, if you attempt to measure a particle, you change the variables. You can measure where a particle probability is, but not it's precise location. I believe that thinking of God in terms of a probability cloud is possibly as good as any other label.

Why not? did not mind the "GOD" label. Put it in the 'cloud' vernacular; probably would not show up; very small text in one corner missed.

argentus: If I am wrong, then it's God's fault, because He/She put this coconut on my shoulders, and it sure as hell wasn't for chanting "baaaa-aaaa" and following the herd.

Of course the blame goes to Itself to ponder what went wrong with the communication. Too many messengers with different dogmas that cannot agree there is ONE ENTITY that created all to coexist in turmoil or agreement or all out WAR.
edit on 14-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I don't disagree with anything you said. I hope you didn't hope for an impassioned back-and-forth I would certainly screw up the quote and BB code if I tried.
You tend toward stronger language. Nothing wrong with that.

The core (for me) is that a person doesn't have to choose between ghosts/spirits/souls OR the historic packaging of a cultural/regional/religious dogma. A person can easily make their own belief system. I feel that way about mine, although I'm sure I could be cubbyholed into a religious label or two if somebody was willing to fold my ears back.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I don't disagree with anything you said. I hope you didn't hope for an impassioned back-and-forth I would certainly screw up the quote and BB code if I tried.
You tend toward stronger language. Nothing wrong with that.
The core (for me) is that a person doesn't have to choose between ghosts/spirits/souls OR the historic packaging of a cultural/regional/religious dogma. A person can easily make their own belief system. I feel that way about mine, although I'm sure I could be cubbyholed into a religious label or two if somebody was willing to fold my ears back.

Fold YOUR ears back? I doubt that has ever happened! I had to respond to your thoughtful reply to the OP (one cannot let smart thinking go without a salute). I tend toward strait forward humorous ribaldry. People invent or gravitate to those dogmas most comfortable with. "Apple" products.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I'm sure I would have remembered if that had ever happened.

I really appreciate your insightful reply. These are the type of conversations that first led me to ATS, where people can agree, banter, disagree or even change their minds and it's not a catfight. Something to teach and something to learn.

*snort!!!* Apple products.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

argentus:
I'm sure I would have remembered if that had ever happened.

Nope never happened not even a close call.

argentus: I really appreciate your insightful reply. These are the type of conversations that first led me to ATS, where people can agree, banter, disagree or even change their minds and it's not a catfight.

The idea is still working. Have decent dialog and attempt to be informative in order to progress a thought form (thread).

argentus: Something to teach and something to learn.
*snort!!!* Apple products.

Cannot help the Apple digs.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join