It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush Vows Push On Immigration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Yesterday President Bush had said he plans to spend some of his political capital this year and force a debate in Congress on his immigration reform proposal. Mr. Bush insisted his plan is not an amnesty, "This is not a citizenship," he said yesterday. "I strongly oppose instant citizenship." The President went on to say that he predicted that he would prevail. He expresses confidence that he will be able to persuade Congress to move on his bill.

www.washtimes.com

Bush vows push on immigration
By Joseph Curl
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

President Bush yesterday said he plans to spend political capital this year to force a debate in Congress on his immigration-reform proposal, and boldly predicted that he will prevail.
"I believe the president has got to set big agenda items and solve big problems," the president told editors and reporters of The Washington Times in an interview in the Oval Office. "Obviously, we're going to have to work on it, just like Social Security. This will require the expenditure of capital."
Asked whether he will move forward this year with his immigration-reform plan which critics say amounts to amnesty for an estimated 8 million illegal aliens in the United States Mr. Bush said: "Yes. Yes, I will." And asked where his proposal ranks in a second-term agenda already overflowing with big-ticket issues from reforming Social Security to overhauling the U.S. tax code, he said: "I think it's high. I think it's a big issue."

Link

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Therefore, he will want to grant temporary work visas to illegal aliens to work at job American citizens will not take. Uhm, so if I was an unscrupulous employer I could reduce the wages I pay to my employees, knowing full well I can get temp workers on visas to do the job anyway.

Related News Links:
Excerpts of President Bush's interview with editors and reporters of The Washington Times

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It takes the American public about 10 years to catch-on to the lies behind what presidential reasoning. Bush is now telling us that he doesn't want top do anything about illegal immigration because it would stop the flow if Mexicans from coming into our country illegilly and doing the work no one wants to do.

What he really meansis; if we stop the flow of illegal immegrants into this country there will be a shortage of workers to lower the wages of decent paying jobs. Framing and carpentry used to pay 12 to 18 dollars an hour in most all states and 22 dollars in Califorbnia, with family benefits. Now the Mexicans are doing most of it for minimum wage or a dollar better in some states, with no benefits.

Same thing with the meat packing industry, the new plumbers are hispanic again, lowering the hourly rates of what used to be the highest paying hourly job.

Electricians, privatized city workers, the list goes on and on. Yes they'll pick our vegetables and wash our dishes, until they get introduced to the guy that knows somebody, then the middle class falls a little lower.

Anfd Hell-no bush doesn't want to make these people citizens, he'd rather keep them slaves.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
some people may have labeled me a liberal democrat, but immigration is one issue where I find myself usually on the conservative side of the issue. I do not like or approve of the president's immigration policy. There are thousand of immigrants who have legally applied and are waiting years for their opportunity to come to this country to "work the jobs no one wants", these are the people who should be getting a break, people who follow rules and laws and not illegal border crossing aliens.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Bush and Fox were talking 5 million guest workers/year. What would keep them from just disappearing into the large mexican american population we already have here, Nothing and that's what the average american is to be left with. This is the 4th amnesty of 5 million or more illegals. Millions of jobs are going overseas, they want to put a free trade pact with south america thru, they won't make China devalue, they want to take a trillion and a half out of social security and give it to Wall street, they've given trillions to the rich who just stick it in the bank overseas, they are making our citizenship a questionable reality w/ the patriot act new powers, etc. The list is endless. Bush the smurking liar, killer(murderer), "Pharisee Christian" is a dictator wannabe, who hates this country and the christians who support him.

His grandfather made millions laundering Nazi gold stolen from concentration camp victims. He's not just stupid, but evil as well.

[edit on 1/13/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I understand very well how immigration works before I started teaching Spanish in Georgia I was working for a lawyer on migrant workers and the struggle they have to go to become American citizens, I am very aware of how the law works, it takes years before they can even tried to be in the lottery and get a number, and the charges by lawyers is outrageous.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
There are thousand of immigrants who have legally applied and are waiting years for their opportunity to come to this country to "work the jobs no one wants", these are the people who should be getting a break, people who follow rules and laws and not illegal border crossing aliens.

I'm with you on this one WW. I came here last year, legally, was processed and authorised and given an alien number etc but I'm still waiting for authorisation to work because of an administrative feck up by INS. At one point I actually believed that I could work, but a later letter told me that was incorrect. So now I'm waiting for a reply from the Senator (who has helped me in the past)

So - Why can't they just get the system they have to work, rather than all this other superflous stuff ?

I think you deserve a vote ...

You have voted worldwatcher for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
As a conservative, I have to say I can't stand Bush's so-called immigratin policy, which is really just an open door to Hispanics.

Also can't figure out how his policy ties into homeland security at all.

new topics

top topics

join