It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Glass is Half Empty in 2016

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: masqua

I am getting the feeling that someone needs a hug and a plate full
of fresh baked cookies.

Why yes. Yes I do. How did you know?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Since you are from texas I can assume you would want texas size cookies?
If so,I will have to use a pizza pan for each cookie.Chocolate chip,oatmeal
or peanut butter?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Since you are from texas I can assume you would want texas size cookies?
If so,I will have to use a pizza pan for each cookie.Chocolate chip,oatmeal
or peanut butter?

Well, since you ask....in Texas we typically just do chocolate chip/pecan cookies. Me? I use peanut butter in place of about 2/3 of the regular butter in my recipe, so i get a peanut butter chocolate chip pecan cookie.

and yes, they are every bit as good as they sound. you can make them too....i pulled my recipe from a Betty Crocker cookbook i have from 1954. And just substituted the peanut butter one day when i was low on regular butter.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Perhaps half full is a more accurate indicator of 2016...anyway Trump has promised his blue collar boys to top off 2016...ironic that most of his supporters cannot afford the greens fees at his golf course.
Cheers

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
Yes, it's half empty rather than half full.

The glass is never half full or half empty. It is always completely full.

Because you can't see air doesn't mean it is nothing.

"Positive" is always there, you just have to find it even when it's invisible.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I forgot about this one, and I love it both for its literal truth and its figurative reminder/philosophy.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Life can become overwhelming at times. There is much chaos and grief and sorrow, but there is also great beauty, compassion and most importantly, love. A bit of laughter goes a long way too. Try not to take on the problems of the world. There is only so much one person can do. It become frustrating and weighs you down like a led brick. Take one day at a time and do the best that you can.

You have your family and friends and your ATS family to turn to and talk to whenever you need to. I can't tell you how many times they have lifted me up in my darkest moments or even those blah moments where they bring me back to life and make me smile again.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Unbridled enthusiasm and possitivity is every bit as much a crutch, and it seems disingenuous, at least when I try to wear it.

I could easily go into a selfish mode and feel good about simple things that people around me take for granted, like not being shot at. That's not the world I live in though. I have to be aware of the strife and horrors perpetrated by humanity in general, and then factor in the horrors inflicted upon the Earth and nature and it is equally easy to feel the weight of the world.

How to strike a balance? Don't have that answer. Not sure it is possible. Like you, I do what good I can for people who deserve it and try like hell not to judge those whose morals appear to be in conflict with my own. Like you, I try to speak out wherever I am toward the ideals I think are important to save us from ourselves.

If I've done something good that day, I tend to sleep better. If the cup is entirely empty, then there is nowhere to go but up.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
i feel like that every other week, join th club. Here's what helps.

1) chip away at a solution. Rome wasn't built in a day. Just chip away. Like ie: today write fine say ten things that if they happened would fix the problem. Then start to work on a game plan to solve them

2) positive affirmations. Ie; think..... I like myself. Even say it out loud 10 times daily.

3) buy some vit c and d. This is huge.

I get depressed too a lot because of so much that has gone wrong for me. But life isn't fair. It's hard. But all u can do is be ur own best friend and fight on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join