It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a naturally occuring universe/life the biggest conspiracy ever?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
If we start by assuming that the bible is correct and that the world was created in the same week as Adam.

Why do all the scientists not making a buck out of the religious go against this idea?

We must be talking about a massive worldwide conspiracy. From school teachers all the way up to the highest levels of government,
even the Vatican has supported evolution.

Scientists across multiple fields must be colluding before they release their findings. It can't be a coincidence that all the various fields from cosmology to genetics to geology etc. support each other when their premise is incorrect.

This falsification of data on such massive scales must leave a paper trail.

So who is in charge of this grand deception and how have they pulled it off?
And more importantly how can they be exposed?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

The Earth is big.

Potholes around here can take up to months before they get fixed. A pothole, no more than a foot large!

Now you're saying the entire globe was BUILT in only one week?

Not buying it. Try something else.

edit on 10-4-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Scientists across multiple fields must be colluding before they release their findings. It can't be a coincidence that all the various fields from cosmology to genetics to geology etc. support each other when their premise is incorrect.

Perhaps it's because they are right and the premise of the Bible is incorrect , a conspiracy on such a grand scale is doomed to fail yet it has lasted for many decades , the implication must be the theory is correct and supported by evidence where the Bible is supported only by belief.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

North Korea.

That is all.

edit on 10-4-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
As I said "assuming that the bible is correct".

I would rather not get into a discussion about whether it's true or not. Personally I believe the whole concept of a god laughable. We could talk about how the big bang theory explains the levels of carbon in the universe and various other facts.

However, assuming the bible is correct all these "facts" which I have been lead to believe are a lie.

I'm curious how this lie could be maintained and the level of corruption that would be needed.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

The likelihood of such a big conspiracy is: very improbable. The more complex the machine, the more likely it is to bust.

Additionally, everything you describe can easily be explained by resistance to change instead of conspiracy.

"Do not attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

- Hanlon's Razor

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I'm curious how this lie could be maintained and the level of corruption that would be needed.

It couldn't be maintained , contrary to popular opinion scientists are just normal people and as such forcing them all to sing from the same hymn sheet would be akin to trying to herd cats.

The difference between religion and science is that scientists publish their findings for all to see and scrutinize where religion relies on people believing what they're told without question , God exists therefor God exists.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I am assuming that this thread is in jest?

Why would we assume the bible is real?

Do you understand that YOU, can do just about any experiment in your own home that can prove the validity of specific scientific claims?

The conspiracy is coming from those who insist that we assume the bible is real. Ever notice thats how most of the religious threads start?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne
Falsification of information on a massive scale would have to involve conspiring minds.

I'm just trying to look at the subject from a creationist viewpoint. And what else would need to be accepted once you allow witches and dragons in.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

It's simple
Because it's a reasonable assumption that mankind evolved from nothing as opposed to a creator

Accepting a God means accepting responsibility
Accepting that humanity is accountable
Better to assume nthing than responsibility

and evolution irrespective, is kinda logical compared to God
God is not logical

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Grand scale cospiracies have happened before. Just look at religion.
Although i can admit that i believe most people when they say they believe in their god. So perhaps it is not so grand a conspiracy after all.

However, i have met people with positions in their church, who are lying about their belief. Go along to get along.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I would rather not get into a discussion about whether it's true or not.

Of course not, that never goes well for people who insist that we all just pretend it's real.
edit on 10-4-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I am assuming that this thread is in jest?

This isn't in jest at all.

Either the vast majority of scientists are correct or they are involved in the greatest conspiracy of all time.
Surely it's that simple.

I would listen to Krauss before Hovind however perhaps I've just drunk the kool-aid.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

It's simple
Because it's a reasonable assumption that mankind evolved from nothing as opposed to a creator

Accepting a God means accepting responsibility
Accepting that humanity is accountable
Better to assume nthing than responsibility

and evolution irrespective, is kinda logical compared to God
God is not logical

I know that i have corrected you on the "everything came from nothing" strawman. So why do you insist on using this in every thread. The BBT does not claim that everything came from nothing. Only religious apologists claim this. How many times must you be told?

Also, how does giving the wheel to jesus equal accepting responsibility? God/jesus is the scapegoat for all of humanities sins according to the bible, right? Jesus takes your burden, so to speak. He takes your punishment for you. This in not putting accountability in the hands of humans. This is blaming god for your faults and letting some one else take your punishment.

At least you admit that god makes no sense and has no explanatory power. But even that statement just circumvents your responsibility to provide proof of your claims.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Of course not, that never goes well for people who insist that we all just pretend it's real.

Couldn't get to the sentence after that eh?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Couldn't get to the sentence after that eh?
What?

No, i just thought the second paragraph was a joke. Are you really serious?

Millions of scientists lying about the outcome of their experiments, and then publishing those lies? You do know that you can also do these experiments?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Absolutely serious.

It boggles my mind how people can actually believe in creationism.
However if we were to assume it's true it opens up a pandora's box of lies and deceit across the globe which needs to be addressed.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Absolutely serious.

However if we were to assume it's true it opens up a pandora's box of lies and deceit across the globe which needs to be addressed.
Well, i really thought you were argueing for the religious side.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Absolutely serious.

People don't believe in religion because it makes sense. They accept it because, otherwise, they will be shunned from their families, communities, work places.

I see it all the time. Parents using the fear of god to keep their little tots in line. Santa clause, the tooth fairey, ect, ect.

Fill them full of fear and they comply.

Even sites like this (purposefully or not) serves to keep even adult minds, befuddled with nonsensical claims and points of view. The human mind has a real hard time discerning the truth from convincing (and nonconvincing) claims.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Your name, does your family line hail from the middle east? If so, how was your atheism treated throughout your life?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join