It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

monkeys in the storyline.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I wonders, I ponders on the Human story.
There is a old saying that says "you can dress a monkey in silk but no matter what, it is still but a monkey".
Humans on the other hand are our own dressmakers. The thread is made of words, the representatives of our ideas,the vestiment is made out of our beliefs. I say our beliefs, but those thief’s rarely are truly ours. As we know, throughout the ages there has been a lot of fuss with regard to the clothes we wear. If you are not dressed right for your part in the story. You are an outsider! This repeats itself time and time again, one can easily become a misfit.
The net has been set in the mind of some small group to create a consensus. Then one must fit in to that idea, if not what shall befall you shall be much worse. Put on that corset, hide those ankles,wear those tight shoes,saddle that horse and go to war. Do Gods great work, serve you nation. Be a man, be a woman, be a dedicated follower of fashion. Wear a rope around your neck called a tie, be a modern man or be a working woman. The list is endless and we are pretty much bullied in to place.
We are told what to do! Alice had to fall down a rabbit hole to realize,how do we find our way out of the current script? Do we even want to? Does it matter? Or maybe we were never really in it!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

The list is endless and we are pretty much bullied in to place.
We are told what to do! Alice had to fall down a rabbit hole to realize,how do we find our way out of the current script? Do we even want to? Does it matter? Or maybe we were never really in it!

Be 'in' it but not of it.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I don't understand what you are saying.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
..., how do we find our way out of the current script? Do we even want to? Does it matter? Or maybe we were never really in it!

Which of these questions do you purport to hold the answer?

Do we want to find our way out of the script?
Maybe the script is the safest passage through this existence.

Does it matter if we find our way out, or remain within?
(Was that your question?)

Maybe we were never really in the script...
Sales Clerk - "May I help you?"
Us - "No... thanks... Just looking."

Thought provoking OP.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Love it, ancientthunder. When I read it I thought of Montaigne's "On Custom". If this is what is on your mind, you might enjoy some pleasurable company.

Of custom, and that we should not easily change a law received – MICHEL DE MONTAIGNE

edit on 26-4-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Maybe we were never really in the script... Sales Clerk - "May I help you?" Us - "No... thanks... Just looking."
a reply to: WanDash
thanks for the reply, I would go for the above! as the way, if there is a way.

new topics

top topics

join