It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who actually knows more: Asleep or those Awake?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The "awake" analogy is a good one. And it should be extended generally.

When we wake up in the morning, we go about our day with our enhanced consciousness. We may briefly discuss issues of sleep. The quality of our rest or a dream we had. But we mostly leave the world of sleep behind us. We certainly don't run around the neighborhood waking up everyone else who's still slumbering.

However, that's what a lot of "awake" people do. They waste so much time vainly trying to wake other people up. It's a pretty pointless activity. And plays out akin to what would happen if you went around waking people up on your neighborhood. Most just won't wake up. The rest will be angry. Or claim you're out of line for even trying.

So if you're awake following the analogy fully. Get on with your day with this enhanced consciousness. And don't worry about those who are still asleep. If a few people are close to waking up. You can bring them a metaphoric cup of coffee to bring them the rest of the way. But don't be surprised if they roll over and go back to sleep, letting the coffee grow cold on their bedside table.

Enjoy being awake. It makes life so much better. And let the sleepers sleep.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

i think you have had more than this account on ats, i also think you know exactly what your doing and not just randomly creating a thread.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
knows more? the person who knows more knows more.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

That's not what Morpheus said nor Jesus.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

No I'm telling it straight btch

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

name calling....i can tell your worth nothing but your hate,

i see real hate everyday in real life and now see it here.

see how far your hate gets you
edit on 11-4-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: noonebutme

Most breakthroughs in science come from individuals or small groups that reach a certain enlightenment or understanding on a particular topic(s) and the rest of benefit from that. Most people can go about their lives without having the faintest idea where any of that comes from.

And how does that relate to frequenting ATS in terms of being 'awake'? If frequenting ATS means you are 'awake', then the awoken......

Believe Bigfoot is real/Don't believe Bigfoot is real
Believe ET life regularly visits Earth/Can find no proof ET life has ever visited Earth, but is open to the thought/Believe ET life has never visited Earth
Believes vapour trails are 'chemtrails'/Doesn't believe vapour trails are 'Chemtrails'
Believes in an existing shadowy group of people called the powers that be/ Doesn't believe in such a group of people based on the usual criteria..........................

and so on. If you think being on what used to be a conspiracy site makes you in some way more 'awake' than people who don't, you are just stroking your own ego.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
a reply to: Moresby

That's not what Morpheus said nor Jesus.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby

When we wake up in the morning, we go about our day with our enhanced consciousness. We may briefly discuss issues of sleep. The quality of our rest or a dream we had. But we mostly leave the world of sleep behind us. We certainly don't run around the neighborhood waking up everyone else who's still slumbering.

However, that's what a lot of "awake" people do. They waste so much time vainly trying to wake other people up. It's a pretty pointless activity. And plays out akin to what would happen if you went around waking people up on your neighborhood. Most just won't wake up. The rest will be angry. Or claim you're out of line for even trying.

So if you're awake following the analogy fully. Get on with your day with this enhanced consciousness. And don't worry about those who are still asleep. If a few people are close to waking up. You can bring them a metaphoric cup of coffee to bring them the rest of the way. But don't be surprised if they roll over and go back to sleep, letting the coffee grow cold on their bedside table.

You sound like you've just got religion, that's probably quite appropriate actually.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

You sound like you've just got religion, that's probably quite appropriate actually.

Is that meant to be an insult? I cannot tell.

And, if it was a serious comment, no, this isn't new. The newly awake are usually big on converting people. Only in time do you realize living awake is its own reward.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

And, if it was a serious comment, no, this isn't new. The newly awake are usually big on converting people. Only in time do you realize living awake is its own reward.

It was a serious comment actually, many born again religious people always feel a need to tell everyone how it has enhanced their life.

Seeing as 'awake' on ATS tends to mean little more than if you watch Ancient Aliens (or other conspiracy type program) for many people, and taking comfort in that other people share your point of view, I'm not really sure what you mean by an award. Don't get me wrong, I come here to read many forums, and to engage in certain debates, but by no means does that make me, or anyone else on here any more 'awake' than someone who has no similar interest, and certainly doesn't imply any kind of intellectual superiority which many seem to believe is the case.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It was a serious comment actually, many born again religious people always feel a need to tell everyone how it has enhanced their life.

Seeing as 'awake' on ATS tends to mean little more than if you watch Ancient Aliens (or other conspiracy type program) for many people, and taking comfort in that other people share your point of view, I'm not really sure what you mean by an award. Don't get me wrong, I come here to read many forums, and to engage in certain debates, but by no means does that make me, or anyone else on here any more 'awake' than someone who has no similar interest, and certainly doesn't imply any kind of intellectual superiority which many seem to believe is the case.

My comment was more about not worrying about the other people who are still asleep. Not wasting time trying to "wake them up". The "enhanced life" aspect was more there as a reminder. Many "awake" people don't realize it enhances their lives.

But everyone must choose their own paths in life. If yours is to make fun of people on the Internet. That's great. We need court jesters too. They perform a valuable function. They make sure we maintain our humility. And never take ourselves too seriously.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

My comment was more about not worrying about the other people who are still asleep. Not wasting time trying to "wake them up". The "enhanced life" aspect was more there as a reminder. Many "awake" people don't realize it enhances their lives.

But everyone must choose their own paths in life. If yours is to make fun of people on the Internet. That's great. We need court jesters too. They perform a valuable function. They make sure we maintain our humility. And never take ourselves too seriously.

I wasn't making fun of anyone - that's left for those who feel more enlightened than others because they frequent a conspiracy site. The lack of actual humility in your response, and your implied comment that there is a shared mindset on here is actually a little scary, but never mind.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I wasn't making fun of anyone - that's left for those who feel more enlightened than others because they frequent a conspiracy site. The lack of actual humility in your response, and your implied comment that there is a shared mindset on here is actually a little scary, but never mind.

C'mon, please, don't kid a kidder. The ancient astronaut crack? You were having fun. Which, as I said, is great.

You might work on the comedy. Enhance your technique. Study some of the greats. We can all improve. But people like you are needed. Humor is as great way to point out the absurdities in our world.
edit on 11-4-2016 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

okay give me a kiss!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

no need, troll threads are not worth my lips

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Asleep?

Awake?

Does it matter what you are if you aren't going to do something?

You might as well be asleep if you are "awake" and just sit around all day complaining.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join