It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No USA, sorry, you are not actually better than North Korea. YOU ARE THE SAME EXACTLY THE SAME

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
OP,

the fact that most people who replied in your thread know this truth already is not the point;
the point is you will be ridiculed and belittled for pointing it out.

Americans dont like to hear the bad things they have done to the world for the past nearly century. the country bringing peace to the world has not seen peace time since .... i dont know, i really dont know.

oh and lil' Kim is testing his 1 (one) (barely) nuke capabilities.... the US has how many warheads ready to launch... or how many countries has NK dropped nukes on and how many has the US dro... oh yea i shouldnt bring it up. otherwise its a 'hate USA" thread by bringing it up....

------

now, if NK is so bad, why have we not 'free'd them' they actually HAVE WMDs unlike Iraq... hmmm...interesting.

marine 1: hey what country is that over there
marine 2: i dont know
marine 3: lets go free it!
marine 4: wait, its north Korea, not a poor Middle eastern or African country
marine 3: oh never mind.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Maybe because China is their patron? How many nukes does China have sitting there ready to go?

No one here misses the fact that the US has done things it shouldn't, but no one also misses the fact that this thread is based on a false moral equivalence.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The OBVIOUS difference...
To express in writing, a moral equivalence between the U.S. and N.K. from N.K....leads to imprisonment, torture and death.
To express in writing, a moral equivalence between the U.S. and N.K. from U.S....leads to stars and flags.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

no, its not a false moral equivalence;

-how its said doesnt take away from what is said.

the OP lacks a certain eloquence in his speech, however what is trying to be said doesnt need to be written in 18th century English.

NK is not a threat to the free world, NK hasnt 'invaded' other countries yet, or toppled other governments, or is the biggest arms dealer in the world, or has warships/military installations in foreign nations. NK isnt spying on the world, NK's currency isnt crippling the rest of the world. NK doesnt have secret torture programs and turn around and 'defend' human rights in other countries.

or am I participating in 'hate on america' threads for pointing out the above. what? every thread can point the finger at other countries, then we have no problem showing moral 'nonequivalence' to the US.

this thread is simply mis-titled and inarticulate, not ill informed.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I usually try to be openminded but your post makes me wish we could give negative stars so badly. And then it made sense to me when I saw you are German. Oh, my gosh-still angry after losing both of your modern wars to Americans. To be honest myself, to this day I would never step a foot in Germany and have been to Europe many times. You have completely confirmed my personal PTSD of your country's own history, Thank you.

For heavens sake, dp you really mean what you write here???
Like:
"Oh, my gosh-still angry after losing both of your modern wars to Americans."

In which world???

First of all, i don´t care what happened three generations back in time, but to be honest, i don´t need any won wars that my country won (how much has the USA...) to feel like i would be someone.
Go get some history books and start reading, i am sorry to be that harsh, but really...

And i wanna thank you too, for this here:
" To be honest myself, to this day I would never step a foot in Germany and have been to Europe many times."
T H A N K S, because we have enough little minds on our own, that´s sad enough.

Maybe i can help you, i translated a cabaret artists show, where he not only critizes the USA for the right things, but also us germans, the europeans, everyone who is a hypocrite in the western world.

I know that the truth hurts, but why does it hit US americans that hard, when europeans don´t care about the same things???

Do you have confirmed that well known US megalomania with your post here?
I am asking my self how the brits, the frenchies ,the russians and the other allies would think about an american saying that only americans defeated the germany´s that had to be destroyed...

Didn´t you build the moon, too???

edit on 10 4 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join