It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women brutalized as part of local culture in Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

If my reply sickens you then don't read it and go to the bathroom
and throw up!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I wish it was that easy to get rid of the poison that religious rhetoric pours into our midst. But it's different kind sickness that it infects our society with, and nausea can't repel it.
edit on 10-4-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DentalKing
a reply to: onequestion

Yes yes

The question is

What the hell are we doing there creating mujahideens in 70s and 80s fostering extremism

To fight the soviets

Who only entered once CIA entered to make sure people don't vote for popular communist party

Ah

Things look so different when you have knowledge of history and who did what when
the cia experiment with the shah in iran failed so, america installed saddam hussein in iraq on condition he took iran's wealthy oil and gave it back to america, like the shah had done before.
a long, bloody war ensued, russia, now sided with iran, planned to help by going through afghanistan, with the cia arming and funding osama bin laden to defend afghanistan, well we know how that worked out.
america's history of installing puppets is laughable, the idea they have a say in syrian leadership being current.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

So,what can you do about it? Or I should say,what would you like to do about it?
I will be nice and will provide the pepto!

(post by JaMeDoIt removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
not really...look at the pictures. a reply to: mamabeth

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

So,what can you do about it?

Well, the least that I can do is to "call out" people who justify this behavior through mythology and religious rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Please show me where I show tolerance for women being abused.
In my household,my husband is the boss and I am the second in
command.He is the head of our home and I am the heart of our
home.
If anyone thinks that this is abusive behavior and you will "call out"
those who live like this.You need to be re-educated on what qualifies
as being abusive behavior.
My husband does not beat me and I am not abused!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

My husband does not beat me and I am not abused!

Aren't YOU the lucky one!

Women brutalized as part of local culture in Afghanistan

When did this thread become about you and how your husband doesn't beat you? You still give him control over you, because "The Bible".

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I find it hard to be intimidated by a man, to groups or armies of men, who find pride in beating and security in controlling women the way that some men do.

But what I do find funny, is when these men are put in the bitch position when they are begging for life, like the bitches they'd hate to be, begging their God when they are their knees.

If I had to go to Hell, for brutalizing rapists, and child killers, I'd gladly pay the price for each of their heads.
edit on 10-4-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
A friendly reminder...

Please stick to the topic at hand and refrain from personal attacks and insults towards your fellow ATSers. Further instances may result in the suspension of your posting privileges. Consider this fair warning.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

First thing...I am not a muslim!
Second thing...I can only post on what I have personally experienced,
anything else is pure speculation and may not be truthful.
Third thing...I give him control because I love him and I like being married.
Last thing...You are just now realizing that the whole universe revolves
around me? I knew that a long time ago

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I can only post on what I have personally experienced, anything else is pure speculation and may not be truthful.

Is it "truthful" to assert that, because (the Bible says) God created woman from Adam's rib, not to mention that woman is responsible for the whole 'fruit debacle' thing, for those reasons, men have authority over women?

I find it completely irresponsible.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

True,I was not present when God created man and woman!
I do believe my Bible to be God's word and I go by that.
Sorry, can't play anymore I have something cooking on my
stove.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

...I do believe...

And, there's the rub. The men is Afghanistan also believe.

I have something cooking on my stove.

Yum! "Lovin from the oven!"
Carry on Mama!

Could You Believe?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Er, people can choose to be subservient to men if they like.

It's when there is no choice and men culturally keep women and girls down, hidden, controlled and abused. There are some cultures that use religion to perpetuate the mistreatment of women and girls (not to mention gays and lesbians). The developed world still has problems with equality, but that pales into comparison with the backward mindset that is prevalent in some parts of the world.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hm, check it out -- real rights issues the feminists could be busying themselves with trying to abate, instead of crying about invented First World issues at home.

I say that a bit tongue-in-cheek, however. You can't stampede into another country and demand they bow to the foreigners' ideals & demands (would we let a foreign culture rush in to dictate major social changes to us? Hell no.) Western feminism doesn't work well elsewhere at the moment because culture. Women in those cultures have to want that kind of widespread change to full equality, and already be working on it, to make it work with foreign assistance. A trickle of cooperation here & there is a good sign, but we tend to steamroll our way around the world, not being too respectful of the locals. We have a ways to go before feminism makes any kind of real dents overseas, and it's not because boobs = less important. It's because of differing views of what's important to whom in other countries versus movements from abroad.
edit on 4/10/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I can only post on what I have personally experienced, anything else is pure speculation and may not be truthful.

Is it "truthful" to assert that, because (the Bible says) God created woman from Adam's rib, not to mention that woman is responsible for the whole 'fruit debacle' thing, for those reasons, men have authority over women?

I just asked my husband who is in charge in this household, he pointed at the Shihtzu.
I'm so glad I have him - there are still problems in North America, it's still mostly a patriarchal society.
I cannot even imagine what it's like for the women in the Middle East, and areas of Africa

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

I did forget who is really in charge of our home...our three cats!
Sorry for all of the confusion.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join