It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Lt. Cmdr charged with Espionage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Manning just wanted to contribute, I suppose...but he winds up contributing to folks that cut off heads and blow young people's heads off in front of ditches (the latter comment refers to the Chinese, who apparently prefer this method to long stays on Death Row). If you feel impelled to leak out of "conscience", use some common sense selecting what you leak and who you leak it to. A lesser leak to the NYT, WP, Times Picayune, etc. could have accomplished his aims without damaging the country. If he still cared, that is...a reply to: MALBOSIA

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Sorry; I didn't see this...ASW?? This is worse than I thought.a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It's out it's China and the guy is Taiwanese naturalized US

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I think the bad guys are willing to through every thing and every one under the bus then to give up their plan to control it all . They are obviously not doing it for the money . It is all about that little horn power .

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Hmmmm . . .

I wonder . . . how much of his motivation was . . . money . . . or ideology [less likely, I'd think--from Taiwan--but not unheard of] . . . or even . . . protecting relatives on the mainland . . . doubtful.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yep, IMO look at the two countries with the a past for such activites. Hows Jonathon Pollard these days?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

in fact China looks to be the guilty party

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
He was spying for Taiwan too. He started his career as an enlisted nuclear tech, and became a signals intel officer on EP-3s.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Taiwan and China? That's interesting.

Aren't those two supposed to be enemies?

edit on 12/4/2016 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

They have a very complicated relationship. Taiwan wants to be independent, but they have a fairly robust trade between the two.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join