It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spring Stir Fry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
So I started a thread about chicken hearts, and I've been looking for interesting things to do with them since. Turns out that organ meat is big in the paleo world.

We started tonight's dinner with this Asian Chicken Hearts recipe from South Beach Primal. It looked pretty good, especially the sauce, but I wanted a little more to it than sauced hearts, peppers and leeks.

So we modified it a bit.

We doubled the amount of marinade because we decided to add some veggies to the party. In the marinade we used grated ginger instead of ginger juice and we also tried to half again all the marinade amounts because of the extra vegetable matter. You might want to increase that amount some, but we found it worked out well for us.

We also used more bacon than strictly called for ... YMMV. I think we doubled ours.

Instead of just the peppers and leeks, we invited asparagus (in season and on sale), mushrooms (everything in our house gets them), and snap peas (also in season).

We stuck with the 1/2c measure for all of the veggies and chopped the mushrooms coarsely and made the asparagus into 1" pieces.

We also used the bacon bits on top at the end and served it on a bed of rice since we aren't using a paleo diet.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Just to add, for those who do not want to use chicken heart, you could probably use chicken thigh meat cut up similarly small and marinated. The texture will be a bit different, but they are both dark meat chicken with similar taste. The heart is a bit stronger flavored is all.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sounds nice but I'm no fan of leaks so I'd probably substitute them for Spring Onions which I put in pretty much everything.

This meal would work good wrapped in some rice paper like Summer Rolls

join