It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote controlled weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I saw this on Euronews some days ago, about a remote controlled machine gun that was operated with the help of a camera.

Kurdish forces recover ISL weapons in Iraq

Are there "official" versions of this or is this something regular armies do not use?

PS: sorry if this was already discussed, if it was I couldn't find it.

edit on 9/4/2016 by ArMaP because: forgot the link

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

There's a bunch. I'll hunt you up a video and edit it into my reply.

ETA

And, yes, they're deployed by the military. My son operated one with a joystick on a tour in the ME. Sorry ... no more details than that.
edit on 942016 by Snarl because: ETA

edit on 942016 by Snarl because: weirdness

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Remember that you have to get away from this sort of thing.

There are many ways of making home grown remote weapons. It is only limited by ones imagination and the set up available in the machine shop.

P

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Thanks. This is a topic I know nothing about.

Well, now I know a little more.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

In the second video, the guy uses the term "sneaking up" on the target.

How is this possible using a quad-copter drone? With the addition of LEAP, the propellers do not synchronize RPMs which would normally generate one loud humming tone. Seems to be the future of light aircraft and will be incorporated into future death dealing machines.

LEAPTech to Demonstrate Electric Propulsion Technologies

“Since we have many propellers, we can operate every motor at slightly different rpm [revolutions per minute],” says project controller Mark Moore. “We have a whole bunch of smaller harmonics and can spread them out across the frequencies. We call this frequency-spectrum spreading, and it’s only possible because we have many propellers and very precise digital control of them.”

The drone used to demonstrate an inaudible approach had to still remain 30 meters above it's target and with a weapon's added recoil, I would imagine that some stabilization would be needed to compensate for the difference in revolutions. Then again, I'm not sure how LEAP affects stability in the first place.

edit on 9-4-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

the first thing that comes to mind is the Phalanx, although controlled by radar.

and here is a link to a page full of remote controlled weapons.
Remote Controlled Weapons

edit on 9-4-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

This one from Tracking Point scares the buhjeezes outta me. I've seen this pre-programmed for 'field use' and amped up to de-classify targets. You could put 8 or 9 of these around your property and keep it secure until you run out of bullets. With a hundred round drum magazine ... we're talkin' a lot of zombies.

edit on 942016 by Snarl because: Added Video Link

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
the second vid of FPS russia is FAKE. it wa sa show about th enew total recall weapons. the VECTOR was real though.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
the second vid of FPS russia is FAKE.

True, but the concept is accurate enough.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
Remote controlled weapons

Remember when war was fun...
It took a real "mang" to look someone in the eyes while butchering them in some fashion.
A thing for the brave and the noble!
Talk about raising the bar!
(Yes, when it rises, it lets any talentless hack under!)
Any coward can sit in the comfort of their anatomically elegant ergonomic $3,588.78 chair and murder people like your mom without even breaking a sweat; murdering the 'brave' (though often foolish) ones and their families, and sheep, and camel, and rats, and lice, and a few neighbors for good 'bracketing'!
And still have time for a fine dinner before bed.

Nah, nothing like a good piece of steel and blood flying everywhere!
Much probably yours, but, "ain't got time to bleed!" - Jesse Ventura - 'Predator'

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
If ISIS wanted to change the game up they would invest in commercial drones and outfit them with "suicide vests" on remote detonators of course. It seems like those goat lovers are "suicide bombing" people the wrong way. It's a good thing that I'm not an Islamic terrorist but rather a counter-terrorist because if I was working for them there'd be some real trouble.

Nice topic that's all I have time to discuss but I'm sure you get the idea of all the applications one could carry out if one was so inclined when it comes to remote combat systems of any kind...

new topics

top topics

join