It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know I'm crazy, because....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

edit on 10-4-2016 by realnewsrealfunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: realnewsrealfunny

LOL!

Thanks for that laugh!

It's insanely funny!

I changed my avatar-picture just for you...

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I know I'm crazy because: I hear the chime of nirnroot and haven't played skyrim in months.

edit on 10-4-2016 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I love this thread Thank you

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

I have no idea what it is you're talking about. But I think it's awesome.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willingly
We're all a bit crazy about something, I assume. And we know it. What is it you do, say, avoid or engage in, you are at the same time proud and ashamed of?

I know I'm crazy, because....

I do jewelry as some sort of a hobby. Occassionally I sell some of my pieces. But I could sell much more if I would not be addicted to my own jewelry. The best neckletts I always want to keep for myself. And I do. I have more than ..... well....hmmm...I don't even know how many...ninety?....or more?....

It seem to be impossible for me to give a pieces away that I like so much. I know I have only one neck. I know I have at least ten or more black neckletts...

When I'm utterly broke I do sell some of my best pieces, out of desperation. And it hurts, to not have those pieces anymore, I had to sell.

That's one part of my kind of behaviour were I definitly know I'm crazy, because I rather fast from eating for a few days than selling my best pieces.

(This is also a place where I'll try to upload some pictures of my jewelry I already sold. I need to learn how to embed a picture and also videos. Now I'll go and read how to do that.)

I have the one with green fields and streets of gold.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Here it is.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Night Star

That is quite lovely, 'Star.

I like the matching earrings. I can think of many women in my life who'd love to have those in their jewelry collection.

Thanks so much

edit on 11-4-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

Very cool jewelry, they're beautiful!

I NEVER EVER wear necklaces (well, except for in my photo here, I love pearls, even fake ones, but I basically never wear anything, lol). It's like I don't know how... cause I feel like they look weird on me. Any tips?

Lovely!

I kinda wanna make some strange jewelry things out of polymer clay one day when I have the time.!

Thanks! I always wanted to try my hand at the polymer clay too! Necklaces never look weird on anyone. Keep trying different ones until something really grabs your attention! I like pearls too!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Jewelry makers unite !

Beautiful pieces both of you.

(I too make and sell jewelry as a side hobby)

But here's where the 'crazy' part comes in....

I don't even wear jewelry !

Other than my wedding ring and a pair of small silver hoops that I've had in my ears for several years... I don't even wear the stuff. I'm just not a bling bling-y kinda gal... but I love making the sparkly stuff and seeing it on other people.

Maybe my plain-Jane personality (ponytail, jeans and t-shirt country bumpkin) is causing me to live vicariously through other people by way of sparkly bling bling ?!

Wow that's interesting that you make jewelry, but don't wear any. I make and buy jewelry.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I've seen some pretty neat youtube videos of people making some gorgeous looking focal beads and pendants from polymer clay with embedded gemstones, rhinestones, semi-precious stones, etc. They also do some beautiful looking filigree-type of designs using teeny tiny pieces of different coloured clay too.

The creativity of what can be done with polymer clay is amazing.

I've been tempted to give it a go myself because of how expensive buying focal beads and pendants are these days.

I personally love handmade lampwork glass beads, but dang if I can afford to fork out so much money to buy them from all of the fantastic artisans out there... but I sure do love browsing places like Etsy looking at all the gorgeous beads they make.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

I've seen some pretty neat youtube videos of people making some gorgeous looking focal beads and pendants from polymer clay with embedded gemstones, rhinestones, semi-precious stones, etc. They also do some beautiful looking filigree-type of designs using teeny tiny pieces of different coloured clay too.

The creativity of what can be done with polymer clay is amazing.

I've been tempted to give it a go myself because of how expensive buying focal beads and pendants are these days.

I personally love handmade lampwork glass beads, but dang if I can afford to fork out so much money to buy them from all of the fantastic artisans out there... but I sure do love browsing places like Etsy looking at all the gorgeous beads they make.

I love youtube and Etsy! I know focal beads are so gorgeous but can cost a fortune!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Cool groove. I couldn't stop dancing! (...sarc...)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Godthief

I have the one with green fields and streets of gold.

Ohhh...so you're the lucky one. Did you buy it or did you get it for free?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

As I still had exess to a garage where there have been tools to work with, I did a lot of rings and trailors for neckletts out of silver spoons. One spoon, two pieces of jewelry. One part I used as a trailor for neckletts, the long part I use to do rings with. The spoon-part that you put in your mouth I hammered and basically kept it simple, like in the one picture with the black necklett.

Some of the rings I have sold on flea-marktes. Some I still have.

There is lots of cool stuff regarding jewelry-making out on youtube, indeed.

My new "project" is using Münzen (forgain pieces of money) I combine with other material as trailors for my neckletts.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I love youtube and Etsy! I know focal beads are so gorgeous but can cost a fortune!

I never bought anything on the internet. I only buy at flea-markets. Need to see and feel the beats.

Here in my hometown we have a very nice and huge shop who have cool beats too. Those parts of my neckletts that look like glas from Morano are from there. The people who work there are cool too.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willingly

Aaawwww THANK YOU

I accidentally unsubscribed sorry

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I know for sure I am crazy and so will you. I just look in the mirror.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join