It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know I'm crazy, because....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think I got it!

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Two suitcases full of jewelry is no small feat dumpster diving.

Mostly costume jewelry now. Like I said all the good pieces were picked up by hawks and pawn stores.

Bwah wah, don't make me cry, I gave away more value than I currently own. Thats were I learned the valuable lessons of what flea markets, pawn stores and recycle centers are really about, stealing your treasure for as little as they can get it for.

Its a big pile of useless s*** in the garage, now. Every time I tried to sell some of it, I got ripped off because- one can't possibly know the value of everything or watch the thieves without eyes in the back of ones head. Combined with being in a desperate homeless state at the time when I sold the stuff for a dollar, I had to take what I could get.

Ah well…

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

Interested in selling it to me?

The problem in the past with such offers is people would come to my storage shed and ask to see this and that and I would open up sort of a one on flea market just for them and they would pick one or two items and offer nothing for it. Or a few dollars more for the lot. Complete waste of time.

Is your jewelry made from beads and bobbles with metal plated pendants or real gem stones and silver and brass, gold etc?

What I got a lot of is left over costume jewelry, theres some treasures in there, silver and gold here and there, not easily determined in value because of the sheer volume of it. I've had it rifled through, but not by anyone that makes their own jewelry.

Thanks for the offer just the same.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willingly

Is that a real amethyst in the pendant, onyx and yellow quartz necklace with a sterling pendant? Its beautiful, regardless.

You do put some effort into your work, I can see.

U2U me with a price for that?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Is your jewelry made from beads and bobbles with metal plated pendants or real gem stones and silver and brass, gold etc?

I use what I can buy for little money, regarding the beats. And the pieces I showed here already I have sold on flea-markets for about 30 or 40 Euros. The first one I showed, I gave to the wife of a friend as a gift, as he was visiting me in my hometown. He's an advaita-vedanta "guru". She, her wife, never said thanks. And he also never met me again. I was too much of a self-realized chick already, it seem, to be "worthy" of staying in touch.

Yeah...I know....

Let's not talk about it.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I know I'm crazy because: When I'm alone and I burp, I still say pardon me.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

U2U me with a price for that?

This pieces, I showed here, are already sold or given away.

I think I know now why I don't sell my currant (best) stuff anymore.

But thanks for asking!

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
No problem, It would cost more to ship my stuff to europe than its worth. I'm holding out for the future, when even gold and silver plated stuff are worth bank.

Your jewelry is lovely, I can understand why you prefer to hold onto the finer pieces.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

He's an advaita-vedanta "guru". She, her wife, never said thanks. And he also never met me again. I was too much of a self-realized chick already, it seem, to be "worthy" of staying in touch.

Used to that, too. Gifted some finer things I found to relatives and such, never got so much as a how dee do…

mot sure why… must have been I wasn't 'normal…'

"He's 'homeless', digs in garbage, stuff costs him nuthin…"

tickled when I don't measure up…

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I burned three novels worth of written word done over a six year period. All notebooks. Something about the pen on paper feeling always makes it feel right.

Yeah...I know what you're talking about. I have at least three plays that are kinda voluminous, and I have no interest in looking at them to edit them. I'm too absorbed in other stuff. Guess what kind of stuff.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

No problem, It would cost more to ship my stuff to europe than its worth. I'm holding out for the future, when even gold and silver plated stuff are worth bank.

Your jewelry is lovely, I can understand why you prefer to hold onto the finer pieces.

I feel understood, companiero! And that hardly happens, that much I can tell yah....

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Used to that, too. Gifted some finer things I found to relatives and such, never got so much as a how dee do…

mot sure why… must have been I wasn't 'normal…'

"He's 'homeless', digs in garbage, stuff costs him nuthin…"

tickled when I don't measure up…

We're the "golden age" incarnated and nobody can dig it, dude. That's why.

Wanna see more stuff I gave away for a few bucks or for free? No? Understandable. It's too painfull.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I am crazy because, i have forgiven the people that did me wrong in my life, but cant forgive myself for the smallest things.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I am crazy because, i have forgiven the people that did me wrong in my life, but cant forgive myself for the smallest things.

So? What's your problem?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico
I do, too. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Funny how habits become so ingrained.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

I know I'm crazy because: When I'm alone and I burp, I still say pardon me.

When I burp, I think, "Ooops! God farted!"

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I feel your pain. I have in the past sold a lot of my artwork due to financial constraints. I hated that.

On a side note, I have boxes full of vintage findings that I also used to sell on Ebay. If I could send you some, I would - you know, to lighten the load for you..

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Very nice!

I certainly like it.

That's some very nice work, my friend. I especially like the necklace with the longer black beads, the last one, I think.

Nothing to be ashamed of at all. You'd do well at flea markets, and on-line...at least I think so.

...and all my voices agree, for once.

edit on 4/9/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join