It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wonder, what kind of alien chair is this ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It's clearly a house with a porch. The angle is fine too. We live in the fens and when you drive on the roads, the houses sometimes look wonky, due to the road being at an angle and not the house.
I have tried to see something other than a hut with a porch. There is a table and a normal folding chair.

The only reason this is supposed to be 'weird' is because OP says there is no hut...
But unless there is a picture from the same viewpoint showing just trees, I don't see why I should just take OP's word for it.

It's a lit porch.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
It's clearly a house with a porch. The angle is fine too. We live in the fens and when you drive on the roads, the houses sometimes look wonky, due to the road being at an angle and not the house.
I have tried to see something other than a hut with a porch. There is a table and a normal folding chair.

The only reason this is supposed to be 'weird' is because OP says there is no hut...
But unless there is a picture from the same viewpoint showing just trees, I don't see why I should just take OP's word for it.

It's a lit porch.

I saw it as a porch. I can now see what others are seeing. But I still think my initial take was right. It's a porch.

But I'm happy to be proven wrong. The miniature temple idea was intriguing. And the OP's idea is intriguing. But I need to see more evidence. Or, at least, hear a more convincing back-story.

Even when apparently paranormal events have mundane explanations, often the initial mundane explanations offered are just as wrong as the paranormal claims.

So whichever side I come out on these things, I'm always open to being wrong.

As a side note ...

I hate the word "pareidolia". It's so pretentious. And makes me want climb the walls every time I read it. But that's probably just me.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It's not a lit porch because that photo is taken in the day time. Does everyone not remember old film footage where it starts to break apart with big white spots? That is what we are looking at. How can everyone be so gullible about this when ATS debunked the astronaut man behind the little girl photo? This shouldn't be in this forum...

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
It's not a lit porch because that photo is taken in the day time. Does everyone not remember old film footage where it starts to break apart with big white spots? That is what we are looking at. How can everyone be so gullible about this when ATS debunked the astronaut man behind the little girl photo? This shouldn't be in this forum...

So rather than just kibitzing and acting superior. Why not put your brilliance on the line. And tell us your theory.

BTW, in jungles and forests with thick canopies, you often have to put lights on during the day.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
My aunt gave me these magic beans she told me to go onto the internet and tell people so here I am posting about them

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby

originally posted by: Hecate666

It's a lit porch.

I saw it as a porch. I can now see what others are seeing. But I still think my initial take was right. It's a porch.

But I'm happy to be proven wrong. The miniature temple idea was intriguing. And the OP's idea is intriguing. But I need to see more evidence. Or, at least, hear a more convincing back-story.

Even when apparently paranormal events have mundane explanations, often the initial mundane explanations offered are just as wrong as the paranormal claims.

So whichever side I come out on these things, I'm always open to being wrong.

As a side note ...

I hate the word "pareidolia". It's so pretentious. And makes me want climb the walls every time I read it. But that's probably just me.

I can also see what other people are seeing, absent their assertion that the photo was taken during daylight hours. To me it looks like either at dusk or just before a storm, and even though I can see how it resembles an interior room, it is a porch.

In the Deep South, we love our porches, and we furnish them much this same way...up to and including the use of area rugs and decorations. This is exactly what I am seeing here. The light coming from the windows is artificial, not daylight, glowing from the inside of the house or structure.

I don't think it looks like any of the photos posted of houses or huts native to that particular area...the OP described it as "European" or possibly "American" and I do tend to concur with that statement. But I'm not convinced it's anything but a weird photographic anomaly. And if it was taken in the 70's, as I believe the OP stated earlier, it would explain the "past era" sort of feel to the scene quite easily.

It is definitely intriguing though...I've shown it to a couple of people and they aren't sure what to make of it either--although they DID identify it also as a large porch or veranda, without any input from me. 😉

Oh, and I agree with you about the pareidolia thing, by the way. It is indeed pretentious, and far too often used as a convenient method by which to dismiss people for questioning things that really do warrant closer scrutiny...which is diametrically opposed to the denial of ignorance. Just my $0.02. 😉

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
Oh, and I agree with you about the pareidolia thing, by the way. It is indeed pretentious, and far too often used as a convenient method by which to dismiss people for questioning things that really do warrant closer scrutiny...which is diametrically opposed to the denial of ignorance. Just my $0.02. 😉

I'm glad someone agrees. I thought I might just be "shouting into the wind" on that one.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
It actually looks like a small building or alter/barby. Use the link and magnifier.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Everyone needs to look more closely at the photo...on the lower left side the is a little yellow ball which is not an orb but dust or something on the lens, "snowballs". Look at the top center of the photo how the sunlight shining through the trees makes it look like a perfect lantern, also the same color of the "lights" inside the "house." The "house" fits the pattern of the trees perfectly, study it longer. There might be more dust on the lens distorting the image along with light shining through the trees. It also looks like it was taken with a flash.

It really doesn't look unusual at all it might in fact be sunlight shining through the branches just like the rest of the photo and not a result of lens flare or dust on the lens.
edit on 10-4-2016 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I scanned it again today, i scanned it on high resolution setting now.
i63.tinypic.com...

The picture quality a bit decreased than last time i scanned it..

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

I find it hard to see it as a porch... the window at that house shows outside's bright open space. While behind the "porch" is supposed to be the ground or salak plants.

Btw this plant's part of Keladi family, and there's no plant like Keladi that's as big as a house roof.

The roots of Salak tree are not as big as a house neither.

edit on 11-4-2016 by aphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: aphon

I find it hard to see it as a porch... the window at that house shows outside's bright open space. While behind the "porch" is supposed to be the ground or salak plants.

Btw this plant's part of Keladi family, and there's no plant like Keladi that's as big as a house roof.

The roots of Salak tree are not as big as a house neither.

Still looks like a porch to me.

Your point about the plant could support the miniature theory suggested up thread. But I think the plant is just much closer than you believe.

Also the window doesn't clearly reveal another outdoor scene as you suggested it would.

I'm usually up for this sort of thing. But your photo does nothing for me.

Of course, I could well be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. And it certainly won't be the last.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

This's a tree with small leaves, it looked clearer under magnifying glass when the quality was better when i received the photo at first time.

Like this tree :

When you see this, dont you see something's off ?

Green outline = Leaves

Blue outline = Curtain

Red outline = Lights

Yellow = Tree

If you notice the curtain and leaves, the leaves on the right seem like a bit see-through cos you can see a tiny part of the tall curtain behind it.

Btw, the light's too bright for a light from lamp, the light's like sunshine in the morning or day.
edit on 11-4-2016 by aphon because: Add more pic

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

No, it wasnt taken in the 70s, i got this in the 90s (probably 1997-1998), the picture took place in Siantar around 1990-1998

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

This's a tree with small leaves, it looked clearer under magnifying glass when the quality was better when i received the photo at first time.

Like this tree :

Couldn't that just be a reflection? Too bad you don't have the negative. I'm sure there's much more information there.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

First i thought it was a dirt or dust, but when i saw it, it was a tree with small leaves.

Yeah i wish i had the negative

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Anyway i changed the man's scale to the size as if he's far in the back, the house still looks too small.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It appears that we're seeing a mirage of some type. But I don't think those can happen in the middle of a forest.

That "alien" is being illuminated on his left side from that ultra bright light. The light is so bright, it reminds me of what people say they see during Near-Death-Experiences.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

originally posted by: smurfy
It actually looks like a small building or alter/barby. Use the link and magnifier.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Everyone needs to look more closely at the photo...on the lower left side the is a little yellow ball which is not an orb but dust or something on the lens, "snowballs". Look at the top center of the photo how the sunlight shining through the trees makes it look like a perfect lantern, also the same color of the "lights" inside the "house." The "house" fits the pattern of the trees perfectly, study it longer. There might be more dust on the lens distorting the image along with light shining through the trees. It also looks like it was taken with a flash.

It really doesn't look unusual at all it might in fact be sunlight shining through the branches just like the rest of the photo and not a result of lens flare or dust on the lens.

Wait...are you saying that the house and porch are simply dust on the lens of the camera? Because that I have to strongly disagree with. There is far too much detail to be produced just by dust. If that was not in fact what you meant, can you clarify what you did mean?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

a reply to: tigertatzen

No, it wasnt taken in the 70s, i got this in the 90s (probably 1997-1998), the picture took place in Siantar around 1990-1998

I am sorry. I didn't realize I had typed a seven instead of a nine. And when I say it has a past era "feel" to it, I mean that quite literally. I can read photographs and part of that is getting a sense of a timeframe. This one feels like it is years in the past...but it may not make that same impression on everyone else. And the foreground feels younger than the background, but again, that's solely my interpretation.

I agree with Moresby...I wish you had the negative. It would reveal more details.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yup, it's a strange pic, actually it's not the only pics i saw that i think there's alien being in it.. My grandma had an old pic of my late aunt when she was a kid.. it's an old colorless pic. My aunt's standing, and there's a bald alien baby that looked very white, large black eyes, little smiling mouth, its nose's 2 dots above its mouth, no clothes but wearing some kind of tutu skirt, and a pair of mary-jane shoes. It's obviously not a doll.. because, not just it's weird to be a doll, plus none of my mom and her siblings remember a doll like that, half of its legs went into and the rest's out of my aunt's arm. When i saw that pic with my sister my grandma found out, and she took it away, she didnt let me keep it. It's obviously an alien, it looks like Solipsis Rei alien.

I still havent found the answer about the chair

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join