It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crafts I Saw at 39,000 Feet

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose
a reply to: tweetie

Perhaps the X47 drone? And wasn't there some other space drone the military was working on too?

Thanks for looking, but no. I viewed the X-47A and X-47B. What I saw never gave me the impression they were combat-related plus both of those 47's are very different than what I saw. The craft I saw didn't have that combat "look."

Someone posted a link earlier in this thread to some images:

This SHAPE (outline) from the side view is very similar to what I saw

edit on 11-4-2016 by tweetie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: howhao1999
Have you seen the X34?

It kinda looks like a space shuttle that is on weight loss medicine.

Some of the features, as far as shape, are similar but I know it's not what I saw. Thank you for posting!!

Impressive! Here's a look:

X-34 from NASA

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
They were showing ARMAGEDDON during the flight. You dozed off and had an ARMAGEDDON inspired hypnagogic hallucination.

Mostly joking. But, frankly, one cannot entirely rule out a hypnagogic hallucination. They can be very convincing.
edit on 11-4-2016 by Moresby because: Michael Bay was chasing me.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I suppose each to there own, but you do relies the generation we live in? Every Tom, Dick and Harry are quite frankly snap happy. Ive seen plenty of stunned people record all kinds of crazy stuff, sometimes at there own personal danger, eyes never moving away from the spectacle yet there wee hands are coming up with there mobile, and clicking away.

For the record, I still have a flip phone.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Flipper35

Hence, your screen name?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

No, the screen name has to do with my last name.

I remember reading about a place in the south converting a business jet with delta wings for testing a few years ago. They were using it for trips to space similar to the Scaled Composites aircraft. It was in Flying magazine.

At altitude without any thing else in the are for scale they could have been 100 yards or a couple miles depending on their size. A B1 at a distance would look like a smaller plane without any reference.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Okay, I have been searching more in line within the 5-7 person private light jets. I realize that you may have already explored this area. I actually was quite amazed at how many of these jets were out there! Check out this Hawker 400 XP

This is a charter jet and from what I understand can quickly reach 45,000 feet.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Royweeezy
Is it possible that instead of black exhaust or smoke that it was a shadow projected onto the exhaust? Kinda hard to explain but have a look here...

contrailscience.com...

The first time I saw the 'edge/volumetric' ones I had to look twice, thought they were weird. But I saw them from the ground, not sure if you'd see such a thing from another airplane.

There's a video which keeps showing up when I'm watching certain video channels I'm subscribed to; it's in the list of suggested videos by YouTube on the right hand side of whatever web page I happen to be viewing. It's titled, "NEW BLACK CHEMTRAILS REPORTED WORLDWIDE." I haven't watched it but when I was describing in my OP the wispy, black contrails these craft left behind I thought of that video.

The single trails left by the craft I saw were so thin and wispy, and unlike a thick, continuous stream, that I can't see how they would be visible from the ground even if there was no heavy cloud cover below the plane I was in. There wasn't anything shadowy about them.

I did think of that because somewhere between 2006 and 2009 or '10 (I can't pin it down at the moment) I saw one of those black lines, or shadows, in the sky from one horizon to the other. East/west. At that time, there was a rash of sightings being reported so I know what you're describing.

From what I've decided, and as a general statement, the main reason so many weird and unusual atmospheric effects are seen in the sky all over the world is because the very nature (composition) of the atmosphere (due to many reasons) is very different than it was years ago. As to these black chemtrails/contrails/shadows they could be because of what I just stated. I don't know for sure but they do fit into my 'weird atmospheric effects' category.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flipper35
a reply to: Moresby

No, the screen name has to do with my last name.

I remember reading about a place in the south converting a business jet with delta wings for testing a few years ago. They were using it for trips to space similar to the Scaled Composites aircraft. It was in Flying magazine.

At altitude without any thing else in the are for scale they could have been 100 yards or a couple miles depending on their size. A B1 at a distance would look like a smaller plane without any reference.

It's very hard to determine scale in the air. Even experienced pilots make mistakes. And inexperienced flyer can be excused for also making mistakes.

But there are a lot of off-book aircraft up there. And I have to believe our space plane technology is better than public domain information would suggest. And the OP may well have witnessed one of these.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

But the OP saw a row of windows, so the distance must not have been too great.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

And does your flip phone have a Camera?
edit on 11-4-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
what was the flight number you flew on? we can track the flight path and see if anyone else said they saw anything. 2014 had a few drone near misses.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

And does your flip phone have a Camera?

Yes and it does 480x640 pictures (.3mp), but it does not have airplane mode.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Or what he thought were windows. Sometimes people connect the dots to see what they imagined they saw. He may have seen windows, but he may have see what he thought were windows.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flipper35

originally posted by: butcherguy

Or what he thought were windows. Sometimes people connect the dots to see what they imagined they saw. He may have seen windows, but he may have see what he thought were windows.

Yes, that could be.
It could be that the whole episode was imagined.
edit on b000000302016-04-11T13:49:57-05:0001America/ChicagoMon, 11 Apr 2016 13:49:57 -0500100000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

...and all are easily identifiable because of company name, logo and/or flag. The makers want it to be known what the origins of their crafts are. Pride and advertising. I kept looking for some kind of identifying mark on what I saw but nada.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

If they were as close as stated, either the pilots were blind, or daredevils who don't need to be flying. At that distance they would have taken radical evasive action.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

There are quite a few aircraft that have markings that are extremely difficult to see from any distance. I used to have aircraft come through that only had a small tail number by the horizontal stabilizer. Other than that it had a stripe down the side that could be on any aircraft. Pretty logos are great on artist concepts and models but not so much in the real world.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CovertAgenda

I can't think of anything else to add to my description. An attempt at a drawing by me won't change anything. Even if I had a professional artist draw a rendition of what I saw and give the craft the proper color, no one here would be able to ID it because it doesn't fit what is known by aviation buffs

That's a large assumption on your part... and here we all are trying to assist you.... many here more than just 'buffs'
Maybe the... I am not of this world.... should have alerted us.

I've no idea of who's who at this forum and what anyone's level of aviation experience is or not. I used the term 'aviation buffs' to be all inclusive.

I'm terribly sorry my quote, "I am not of this world," bothers or disturbs you. It's certainly not meant to be a negative!!

I wouldn't be able to adequately draw a useful picture but, in cased you missed this, another person posted a link to some graphic images and I was able to say the side-view shape is very similar to what I saw.

Please see the first link in the following post, named as follows:

OP, can you confirm if one or more of these images are what you seen?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
sorry im new here,i accidentally removed my flag whilst trying to favourite your thread,and now it says FAIL dont know what effect this has on your thread o.p,sorry
Iactually love this thread....
edit on 11/4/2016 by nooneyouknow because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join