It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

`WALK OF SHAME' - Obese flyer booted from flight in US

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

This already happens. It has been well documented that fat people appear less responsible and get hired less.

Which planet is this you are on, google overweight (fat) wealthy business owners and politicians in the world.
edit on 9-4-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
1. No, because bumping my seat is the same as telling me to metaphorically move.

We are not talking in metaphors, this is reality.

2. Yeah because me being compensated has no bearing on me being told the one to move.

You cannot be forced to move your seat and the law requires that you be compensated if you are bumped unless they can rebook you for a flight within one hour.

Everything I said is true in regard to what class you're in, no they don't just give First Class seats to people that check in first. Your stance is clear with so much deflection of good points. Wanna call me fat too?

No, actually it is not, United's policy is not the same as other airline's and vice versa. You never mentioned anything about seating classes, you claimed that how quickly you check in determines how you would get bumped, it has nothing to do with that but with what frequent flier status you have. Try to keep your story straight.

4. I wouldn't be surprised if I traveled more than you. It happens all the time no matter who you are. Once I was bumped, and First Class was available so I took that. Most people can't even afford First Class so I'm going to go with myself being well traveled. I know every shortcut there is at DIA. I arrive 30 minutes before boarding.

I would wager that you would be wrong then. I fly nearly every week for business, all of it on United. Contrary to what you think First Class is not often that expensive and with my United Premier status I often get upgraded when seats are available.

Share an example of your 'short cuts', I would wager you are just bloviating.

edit on 9-4-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
What? For expecting the space I have paid for to be mine as agreed by contract?
For not wanting sweaty muffin-tops and fat legs touching me in my space which I paid for?
Heck yeah I'll tell a man it's his problem to fix, not mine, looking straight in the eye and employing any lawful means to defend the space I paid for.

...I don't care if that offends you

Rather adversarial aren't you?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Which planet is this you are on, google overweight (fat) wealthy business owners and politicians in the world.

Go talk to people that do the hiring. Overweight people are much less likely to get a job than a fit person.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Boohoo stop eating massive amounts of food and not working it off, that is how people get fat.

Feeling a little more adult after that childish line? I've met your kind in my long life, I would bet you are no star without flaws including the physical kind. Clearly there are the mental kind.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Go talk to people that do the hiring. Overweight people are much less likely to get a job than a fit person.

And people that are less attractive are also not as likely to get hired.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

No they seem to be doing the hiring.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
What? For expecting the space I have paid for to be mine as agreed by contract?
For not wanting sweaty muffin-tops and fat legs touching me in my space which I paid for?
Heck yeah I'll tell a man it's his problem to fix, not mine, looking straight in the eye and employing any lawful means to defend the space I paid for.

...I don't care if that offends you

originally posted by: AazadanRather adversarial aren't you?

Do you have any on-topic points to make?
...or are you just here to whine about the way I present my valid comments?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Blimey Augustus, What a word "Bloviating", I must remember that.
Here's a scenario for all of you. If you don't like a person touching you or a fat person crowding you, why don't YOU buy a first class seat and have more precious space.
Oh, you don't like that? YOU paying more? Get used to it , you pay cattle class so don't get uppity when you are sat next to a larger beast.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

edit on 4/9/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Here's a scenario for all of you. If you don't like a person touching you or a fat person crowding you, why don't YOU buy a first class seat and have more precious space.

Because the airline made it clear they are the ones that need to pony up for an extra seat. I fit in mine.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
you pay cattle class so don't get uppity when you are sat next to a larger beast.

LMFAO!!!!!

"Cattle class"

Dear Lord......

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Nope, it doesn't work like that, I pay for my space the same as anyone else, stay in your own space or I'll call you out, loudly if I have to.
Pay for an extra seat or lose the fat. Your fat ain't my problem, but your intrusive fat in the space I paid for is a problem.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: Misterlondon

Yet plenty of people still manage to find a way to exercise and eat healthy while maintaining a career and raising children. It's a choice, a lifestyle issue.

There's advertising for alcohol everywhere too but many manage not to become alcoholics and the few who do, why should anyone else pay for their sickness?

Whatever the psychological implications of obesity and over-eating, it's not on the rest of us to pay for part of your plane ticket.

Why when someone has a problem of this nature are people quick to put them down and make assumptions regarding that person?
And why is it socially acceptable to hurl at abuse someone who is overweight?
When clearly nobody should have to suffer this abuse and bullying as this only makes things worse and can develop further problems for that person.

You're sidetracking the conversation due to hurt feelings. Who's hurling abuse at overweight people?

This is what PC culture has created. Calling a fat person, fat, is now considered hurling abuse at them even though it's the same as calling a red head a red head, or a tall person, tall.

Everyone has the right to live their own lifestyle as they wish. The problem is the overweight people playing the victim card due to their lifestyle choices or crying about not liking being called overweight when that's exactly what they are.

It's not on everyone else to tip toe around reality or to tip toe around hurt feelings.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I've experienced it, and no, it's not comfortable. But these are people we are talking about. They have feelings.

Don't get me started, however, on squirming, kicking, disobedient, loud, rude children who won't stay put.
edit on 4/9/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I've experienced it, and no, it's not comfortable. But these are people we are talking about. They have feelings.

Don't get me started, however, on squirming, kicking, disobedient, loud, rude children who won't stay put.

I will challenge any behaviour of others if it intrudes on any cattle space I've paid to use.
I will look a dad in the eye and tell him I don't want his unruly kids invading my space, and I will look a fat person in the eye and tell them the same about their unruly invasive fat flesh.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

It's not genetic. If it were, there'd be fat people all over the world in similar percentages.

It's the food we eat here and a lack of activity levels. Lifestyle issues.

Americans draw their genetics from across the world, whether Asia, Europe, South America or Africa. You'll notice when travelling to those parts of the world obesity is at far, far lower levels. Why? Healthier eating and a higher energy output.

This is pretty simple stuff.

There's also countless fatties who took up exercise and a healthy diet and lost the weight.
edit on 9-4-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Who's hurling abuse at overweight people?

uh, you?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I will challenge any behaviour of others if it intrudes on any cattle space I've paid to use.
I will look a dad in the eye and tell him I don't want his unruly kids invading my space, and I will look a fat person in the eye and tell them the same about their unruly invasive fat flesh.

I see. Good for .. you, then? I'm guessing?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: grainofsand

I see. Good for .. you, then? I'm guessing?

Is it not good to challenge behaviour which infringes on a space you have paid for to not be infringed?
I'll call anyone out about it and happily face the consequences, no fat person is slipping into my paid for space and forcing their body into mine.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join