It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

`WALK OF SHAME' - Obese flyer booted from flight in US

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
can't fit in the seat, can't fly. simple.

(post by vonclod removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bellagirl
I bet if i was sitting next to him and lit a smoke he would be the first one to complain.

It's a felony to light up a cigarette on an airplane, it's not a felony to be fat.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Completely different culture in Japan, no way they could legislate weight control in the USA without an extreme culture shock.

Sounds like its fairly easy for airlines to make the case for financial accountability, abstracting the idea that being overweight is selfish and burdens others due to higher health care cost doesn't seem very popular.

I can remember when nationalized (no fault) Canadian health care was in the planning stages back in the 1960's.
That was a popular program!

edit on 9-4-2016 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Seriously ... i am not an idiot. Of course i know that.

it was tongue in cheek ... wait another 20 years when they treat obese people just like smokers.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

it was tongue in cheek ... wait another 20 years when they treat obese people just like smokers.

It will never happen ... to much diversity amongst people. It's simply easyer for some people to gain wait over others. If there is a change in how the obese are treated it will be to categorize them as having a ailment that society must aid them with and be tolerant off ... like being alcoholic.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: reldra
I assume he didn't walk to Las Vegas. Some other plane allowed him to get there without incident or danger. This sounds like bad customer service.

You don't know what he ate when he was there!

Joking aside, you are correct, unless the outward journey was un-crowded so they could make an accommodation and turn a blind eye.

I think most super-obese people spend most of their meager incomes on food items. Not many fly...but they're relatively plentiful on Amtrak and Greyhounds, though.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Maybe the guy was hoping there would be a free seat and someone would move and let him have two next to each other? He has to know that 400 POUNDS is NOT going to fit in one tiny seat. I mean, he sat in a car, surely he didn't expect an airline seat to be bigger than every other chair?

a reply to: peck420

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaxsmash

I mean, you guys have done the math and googled to see HOW BIG a 400 pound man is right????

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrionHunterX
Really? So you throw a guy out from the plane? Why wasn't he informed before boarding the flight? This is outrageous! Racism and highhandedness by airlines especially in the US is despicable, appalling and contemptible.

I'll bet he bought his ticket online, so no one got to see the extra love in this fella.

It's tight in a plane even with normal sized people sitting next to me. If this large dude feels offended in any way, his best bet would be to hit the gym religiously and let go of the snacks.

Have a good night everyone.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt Why not charge passengers by the pound? - have a row of wider seats 2 seats in place of 3 smaller seats.Airlines should try to accommodate their passengers. 385 lbs in a standard seat? com on man!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychicCroMag

They call that first class, you pay extra for that. And I must say you get a much better meal in first class, fat people would probably like it better, just pay extra like I do.
edit on Sun20164V2016521230 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I'm sure they will, the world is certainly heading in that direction.

originally posted by: ButsDuge
It will never happen ... to much diversity amongst people. It's simply easyer for some people to gain wait over others. If there is a change in how the obese are treated it will be to categorize them as having a ailment that society must aid them with and be tolerant off ... like being alcoholic.

Look at Japan's law. It's highly likely that other nations will follow suit under the guise of keeping health care costs down. Fat people are much more expensive to care for, just like smokers. If the current trends hold, costs will first be offloaded to fat people, and then once not enough people are fat to pay those costs another group will be targeted. Much the same as how health care costs were supported primarily by smokers for the past couple decades.

It doesn't help matters much for fat people that there's a large segment of the population that detest them.
edit on 10-4-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

Fat people cost airlines more money in gas me thinks

They are trying to send a message

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: grainofsand

i would expect nothing less from you.

And while I will still assert that it would utlimately be your problem and not mine (were i still large enough to spill into your seat, anyway), and that you'd end up having to get over it (or get the airline involved), i absolutely love that you are willing to push back a little when pushed. THAT'S the British attitude that I know and love.

Yore better than me. Id stab his eyes out if he tried to beat on me for just sitting there minding my own business. Just saying. Attitude adjustments have to be made from time to time.

Lol you'd stab my eyes out when I'd tell you to get your fat body off me and the seat I'd paid for?
...no, you wouldn't

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaxsmash

I find it curious thay many people don't realise that 400 lbs isn't necessarily fat.All the Worlds Strongest Men competitors are over 300 lbs.The most camera friendly bloke-Hafthor Julius Bjornsson is at 406 lbs and he is definitely not fat.He's the Mountain from Game of Thrones.Gregor Clegane.

I'm far more modestly sized,6 feet and 225 lbs but thirty years of weightlifting has left me with shoulders that are two feet from one side to the other.It's awkward in 'planes if another widey is next to me because one of us has to sit forward.

American obesity probably has something to do with portion sizes.Nobody needs a 3,000 calorie meal.Eat six small meals a day(not fast food)and you'll lose weight.Drink water.Soda's good for cleaning drains.Go for a walk.EVERY DAY.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

Rubbish, you are talking exceptional circumstances there, most people that weight are just fat because they eat too many cakes.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Too true...

You've certainly picked me.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: gator2001
You subway groper lol!!! Although im sure she prolly actually enjoyed being pushed up against ya even though she prolly would deny it.

As to the People here saying all fat people are lazy and deserve ridicule..everyone has something you can be picked on for. remember that next time you get picked on and shrug it off like you expect fat people to do.

A persons a person and as such is not perfect. Some here seem to be jealous of fat people getting cheaper rates than they are. how bout dont pack so much luggage?

Some who are overweight try to not eat or do anything except get by but their bodies wont co operate. Some have no choice in what they have to eat because they cant afford to eat better as well.

Sham on all of you who just dismiss all overweight people as ir responsible and lazy.

Haha...yeah, but I was a victim of circumstance...lol Oh, I know she did. The subway shook and she was moved a bit away from me, but then she moved back to dead center on her own...lol

Fond memories...

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

Probably never happened to you being crushed between an obese person and the wall of the plane for an entire flight?! It happened to me and I did not find it funny at all... If you are obese and want to travel in economical class, be informed that it give you no right to crush other peoples. I sympathize with your problem but you need to buy the numbers of seat to accommodate you or go to first class.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join