It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

`WALK OF SHAME' - Obese flyer booted from flight in US

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: Aazadan

Yes, shift the responsibility to the innocent patron sitting next to you who you're intruding on.

It's hardly adult behavior to take up someone else's space they paid for and suggest they "suck it up".

It's hardly adult behavior to berate people, shame them, and get up in their face too.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: schuyler

Or you could, you know, be an adult about it and suck it up for the 2 hours you're on the flight.

No, I cannot. It's not a matter of "being an adult about it." I paid for the entire seat--all of it, not part of it. No one has the right to take part of it from me. That's theft. When someone steals something from you, does "being an adult about it" mean I just have to let the theft go unchallenged? If you want to talk "adult" vs "immature," then for you to assert yourself into my territory uninvited and without permission is what is immature and self-centered. You don't get to come into my house uninvited, and you don't get to sit in my seat uninvited. If you think that is somehow "wrong," then you need to get over yourself. And what's with this "2 hours" business? You made it up.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Or you could, you know, be an adult about things and not inflict yourself on other people and their personal space.

Ever.

Lulz.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Yes, shift the responsibility to the innocent patron sitting next to you who you're intruding on.

It's hardly adult behavior to take up someone else's space they paid for and suggest they "suck it up".

It's hardly adult behavior to berate people, shame them, and get up in their face too.

Except for no one is berating people and getting in their faces.

I'm actually offended you're erroneously labeling this as berating and shaming. How dare you insult me. I demand more courtesy towards simple observations. You're causing me emotional pain.

See how easy it is to twist reality based on personal preference?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Who is berating them, shaming them, and getting in their face? I'm just saying, stay out of my space. That's all. I don't care what you do, or how overweight you are. It's your life. Just stay out of mine.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: grainofsand

i would expect nothing less from you.

And while I will still assert that it would utlimately be your problem and not mine (were i still large enough to spill into your seat, anyway), and that you'd end up having to get over it (or get the airline involved), i absolutely love that you are willing to push back a little when pushed. THAT'S the British attitude that I know and love.

Yore better than me. Id stab his eyes out if he tried to beat on me for just sitting there minding my own business. Just saying. Attitude adjustments have to be made from time to time.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: yuppa

Rubbish, his freedom of movement is across state lines and such like. Nothing about forcing private businesses to make seats larger than the average human to carry them.
Try again.

Where does the airplane fly? GASP over state lines right? A business has to play by the rules of the Law IF it operates in American airspace OR if its an american company. And I didnt mention anything about seat size. They could had moved him to another flight and gave him a extra seat o r made him buy a second seat. Obviously the previous flight he had prior to this one allowwed him passage so why not this one?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

I think the airlines are targeting fat America by making them purchase two seats to make easy money.

U.S. congressman proposes law to limit shrinking airline seats

Among things about which people are “mad as hell and not gonna take anymore,” shrinking airline seats have to be near the top of the list. But now, a U.S. lawmaker isn’t just grumbling about being stuck in economy behind some inconsiderate lummox reclining his seat. He’s doing something about it.

edit on 9-4-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

(post by DonVoigt removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
lol @ people trying to rationalize and almost act as if its their right to sit in the seat I paid for.

There should be a move it or loose it policy, imhao (the a is for a-hole)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I know a thing or two about "industry standards" when it comes to public seating.

Im intersted in airlines follow these same standards. I am certain they don't....but it'd be interested to compare.

(if im not too lazy to look it all up tonight)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
so what is the happy medium?

"American sized" seats?

what about when you travel international?

Europe will love this.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
So, would you sit next to this guy?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

lol lol

the video kinda proves everyone point of, you can change it.

His owner fed him fast food, after diet and exercise he is now at a healthy weight, and according the video his disposition has improved....

So yeah sure, why not, let the dog stay.
edit on 9-4-2016 by Lysergic because: cant type whats new

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
OK this time I won't use the I word, . OK like I need an analysis of myself from someone like you who needs sugar coated feelings, and probably sugar coated everything else to.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
No, I cannot. It's not a matter of "being an adult about it." I paid for the entire seat--all of it, not part of it. No one has the right to take part of it from me. That's theft. When someone steals something from you, does "being an adult about it" mean I just have to let the theft go unchallenged? If you want to talk "adult" vs "immature," then for you to assert yourself into my territory uninvited and without permission is what is immature and self-centered. You don't get to come into my house uninvited, and you don't get to sit in my seat uninvited. If you think that is somehow "wrong," then you need to get over yourself. And what's with this "2 hours" business? You made it up.

Theft, really? What's next, you're going to defend your space with violence? That's how theft on private property is handled. If they spill over into your seat are you going to punch them like the other poster said he would?

As far as 2 hours goes, you're right I did make it up. It's an example of how long a flight is, it could be even less or *gasp* it might even be 4 hours! How would you ever manage?

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Or you could, you know, be an adult about things and not inflict yourself on other people and their personal space.

Ever.

Lulz.

How is sitting in their seat imposing themselves on other people? As for personal space, it's an airplane, there's no such thing given seat sizes being what they are. They're sitting there, probably minding their own business where as you're advocating getting in their face. Only one person in that situation is getting in someones personal space, and it's not the person just sitting there.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I don't think anyone is arguing the point that morbid obesity is healthy! Nor is it enjoyable to have your personal space invaded.

It's just not necessary to be confrontational in a hurtful way. Every face has a story behind it.

But hey, I'm glad you let the little guy stay. I guess if all you have to eat is Whoppers, you eat Whoppers! He did his job well.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
In Japan all citizens are required to keep their weight under control by law.
If someone becomes overweight and their waist size exceeds 34 they are subject to counseling.
In addition their employer can be fined.
Obesity in Japan is less than 3.5 percent and the country claims they benefit from lower health care costs as a result.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Wow.

voiced concerns:

Debate surrounding the law has brought up several points which critics say point to flaws in the current system:
•The law does not address childhood obesity
•Measurements of the waist may not always give an accurate picture of a person’s body fat
•Less than 50% of people were attending the required checkups
•Only about 12% of people who received counseling took the advice or acted on it.
•Companies may discriminate against overweight employees

wafflesatnoon.com...

Hm. No mention of airlines. It also targets older people - people from 40-75. It's too discriminating for my liking.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I bet if i was sitting next to him and lit a smoke he would be the first one to complain.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join