It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(EPIC) Amazing Muslim scholar tells Canadian Senate truth of Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This video was randomly suggested by youtube and the title for it was a bit interesting so I watched the whole thing.

As an Atheist I have no respect for any religion at all as they don't deserve any. I don't think very much of religious people, especially Muslims because their role model according to their very own holy book is a pedophile and much worse, and they worship him. That aside, I want to say this Muslim guy is easily the most with it religious person I have ever heard speak and I wish I could shake his hand and buy him a sandwich for saying what he says.

Warning: Get ready for some epic facepalm action when the senate start asking him questions. My jaw hit the floor. How dumb are these people (Not him, the rest of them).

It's not a new video but it's from 2016 I found it very insightful.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I like how he started out with Islamic armageddon beliefs being a primary concern.

The whole "end times aspect" of Islam is largely ignored by western media.

I was not aware of it until I read an excellent article published by The Atlantic last yeat titled "What ISIS Really Wants."

The Islamic State is no mere collection of psychopaths. It is a religious group with carefully considered beliefs, among them that it is a key agent of the coming apocalypse. Here’s what that means for its strategy—and for how to stop it.

www.theatlantic.com...

I was hoping that when the popular show Homeland finally recognized this as the prime motivation of ISIS in the 5th season, it would get more attention in the mainstream.

But it is still being largely ignored.

edit on 9-4-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

Great speech wise words, but remember the apologists and moderate Muslims will be coming soon to tell you he's a liar and not a true Muslim. They will employ the "no true Scotsman" fallacy they will minimize,and call you a bigot, they will do anything to disagree with this Muslim man, they will call him a shill, a sell out. Do not be fooled, not even for a moment, the rise of fundamentalist Islam is an equal to or greater threat than nazi Germany and the carnage it spread. They (Islamists) threaten the well being and security of the human race, and true reform is the only way, unfortunately, and as always it will require much bloodshed (of the innocent) for the powers that be to come to this conclusion.
edit on 9-4-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Well that was 46:30 well spent!

Sadly I never heard of this guy before, but after watching the entire video I know I'll be looking for more.
I really like this guy.

Can't recall what all of his suggestions were without skimming through the video to find them but I think it's safe to say the Canadian Government didn't follow any of them and most likely has no plans to anytime in the future.

It's sad to see this video only has 22,000 views. I guess people prefer to watch fail videos and look up memes instead of learning something about a huge problem facing almost everyone in the world right now.

It also looks like this thread isn't going to do much better given it's only got 5 flags at the moment. I hope it's just cause of the hour.

At any rate S&F for you OP, thanks for bringing this video to my attention.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

The sad truth is that liberals are failing us, in a society that we ought to protect liberal principals, they are being eat up from the inside out, yes this guy speaks the truth and likely this thread won't get attention (also because of the forum, social issues would produce more)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Ha, our entire Government is failing us, on pretty much every level, but yeah you're absolutely right.

No matter how much I wish and hope, I just don't see things in this world getting any better in my lifetime.
At least not without some form of giant boot collectively kicking everyone in the ass all at once to open our eyes.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Of course Islam is evil. It's the competition.

Pepsi says Coca Cola sucks, and people prefer Pepsi. Bronco fans say that the Patriots are losers. The Democrats rail on the Republicans, and the GOP demonizes the progressive left.

That all gets dialed up 120% when it comes to matters of spirituality, because when it comes to religion -- you can plant seeds of loyalty and faith that are unmatched by any brand, team, or political loyalty.

We're talking about your immortal souls here after all! What happens and where you go when you die! Death, the scariest thing of all -- these religious folks have the answers!

That breeds fanaticism, and can be used and exploited as a tool. And it is, and has been exploited for centuries.

Any sufficiently large and influential religion can't have a competing religion.

Islam *could* look like Western Christianity if it was run by people using Western strategies. All the same pieces are there. Both are "tools" that have the capacity to be be twisted & used by corrupt people, and both have peaceful and violent passages that can be used to support pretty much anything a leader would want.

*shrug*

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

As you can see in the above post...

first strategy minimizing.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I havent got the bandwidth to watch it with the deal I have so what is the gist of what he says?

thanks

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Brother, with all do respect, do you have any specific points you disagree with the man speaking on? Or are you just going to convolute, and obscure, and minimize in order to make your hippidy dippidy points?

What I read from you was basically, "it's all the same, its all the same, six on way half dozen the other", and it's not and its disrespectful to even go that direction, I'm sorry, this is not an even playing field of ideas, some ideas suck worse than others, and currently fundlementalist islam represents the epitome of bad ideas.
edit on 9-4-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Neither Coca Cola nor Pepsi have end times end times eschatologists in charge of or developing nuclear weapons

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

I havent got the bandwidth to watch it with the deal I have so what is the gist of what he says?

thanks

I'm not sure if it is still too much bandwidth doing this but you could turn down the quality of the video to the lowest and just listen to the audio like it was a podcast. It's really too long and I can't put it in the same quality of words as this guy.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Tarek Fatah says;
"it is not Islam that needs to be reformed, it is the need for Muslims to reconcile with modernity and the notion of the secular nation state ... Unfortunately, whereas the religious right in Islam is well funded and well organised, the liberal secular Muslim is too busy leading a 9-to-5 life, paying his mortgage and providing for his family and thus has no time or resources to challenge the Islamist extremists."

How many of you praising and agreeing with this man will accept his words now???

I'm betting not one of you.
edit on 9-4-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I like how he started out with Islamic armageddon beliefs being a primary concern.

Probably because its the west creating the Armageddon over there for a number of Middle Eastern countries, ya think?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Probably because its the west creating the Armageddon over there for a number of Middle Eastern countries, ya think?

So then, it's all over, nothing to be done. We made our bed and now we have to lie in it. Don't bother addressing the issues or trying to find a solution as there really is none.

Is that the gist of your argument?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: intrptr

So then, it's all over, nothing to be done.

Edit: Whats been done is done. We should GTFO…
edit on 9-4-2016 by intrptr because: chamged

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The entire Muslim movement is based on Islam dominating the world and establishing the caliphate

And if I did have a religion Muhammad would be the last on my list deserving of my worship

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Sounds like one big apology and excuse for Islam allowing extremism to grow.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I agree with what he says. We don't need to reform the religion itself. The Christian religion itself has never been reformed, and much violence and oppression was committed in the name of Christianity. The Bible hasn't changed in a thousand years. All the same stuff is in there. It was society who reformed. It was society making the decision to evolve past 12th century thinking. Sure, there are still small pockets of fundamentalists who think Christians should go back to that, but the majority of us have squelched that kind of thinking to the point where those people have no real power. Society is still reforming, despite fundamentalists trying to regain some sort of power with all the "religious freedom" legislation in conservative states, allowing discrimination and shunning of people in the LBGT community. It is good that there are many fighting this type of legislation by boycotting these states, because we don't want Christian fundamentalism to take hold in this country. We have to nip it in the bud every time we encounter it.

Muslim societies in the past have lived more secular lives, without the burkas and the bad treatment of women, gays, non-Muslims, etc. Unfortunately, conservative Muslim groups like the Taliban were able to gain power to the point where they could not be squelched easily.

And he's right when he says we can't let the idea of religious freedom stop us from fighting radicalized Muslims. But he's also right when he says there are huge numbers of ordinary Muslims who aren't fundamentalists. That right there tells us that the religion itself IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

He is tough on immigration of Muslims from certain countries - the "problem" countries. He's tougher than I would be, because I believe that many of these immigrants are desperate to get away from the radical problem, and I believe we should help them. But, I have to grudgingly admit that he's probably right when he says part of the problem is the refusal of some Muslims to integrate into the society that they have moved to. He does say that there should be systems in place to reward integration instead of an existing system that rewards non-integration, and I totally agree with that.

One thing he proves for sure, is that you can be a Muslim and not want to behead anyone or force the country you are living in to abide by Sharia law. He is one such Muslim and he says there are many like him.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Christianity never reformed?

Ever hear of THE REFORMATION?

It is only one of the most important historical eras in western civilization taught in every elementry history class.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join