It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally some good news for humanity.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

It's things like this that bring people together. Bravo

Rebel 5

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

As good as all that sounds, in reality it isn't. If you think about you said, you're encouraging others to forget the planet we live in and call it #, so we can colonize another planet, use its resources and move on to the next.

I know, it sounds harsh but how else is the truth brutal? We are parasities.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I know it's incredible, but that booster needs some spring-out legs like the LEM...!! I've seen at least two attempts where a little more landing pad and some legs could have prevented loss of the vehicle. But hey, if it's perfected... As for Musk and Tesla, "long may they run". There's more potentially good news. Germany has a new fusion reactor called a "Stellarator" that might finally crack nuclear fusion. No more fossil fuel, radioactive waste, etc. At the brink of disaster, we change...or something like that. The U.S. was in the project for 50% at $3B, subsequently cut, of course. So the Germans built it half scale. a reply to: luthier

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Nah, we're not parasites. We're just a short-sighted top predator with too-powerful appetites and dangerous toys. We were gonna' dig a new Panama Canal with nukes once, until somebody said, "Hey, wait a minute...maybe "Atoms for Peace" isn't such a good idea." Maybe instead of "sapiens" for wise, our species should be renamed "finitus".a reply to: luciferslight

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AvroVulcan
I know it's incredible, but that booster needs some spring-out legs like the LEM...!! I've seen at least two attempts where a little more landing pad and some legs could have prevented loss of the vehicle. But hey, if it's perfected... As for Musk and Tesla, "long may they run". There's more potentially good news. Germany has a new fusion reactor called a "Stellarator" that might finally crack nuclear fusion. No more fossil fuel, radioactive waste, etc. At the brink of disaster, we change...or something like that. The U.S. was in the project for 50% at $3B, subsequently cut, of course. So the Germans built it half scale. a reply to: luthier

The thing about Musk is he expects to fail and is looking to learn more from every failure. It's a unique quality to confident genius.

I would agree with you accept we already have a perfect fusion reactor we already don't use to its potential which makes me nervous for new inventions.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This was fantastic to watch, they tried so many times and when they finally did it my eyes teared up.
I believe in Elon Musk, a visionary of tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
While I applaud the extensive engineering that went into this venture, the process seems inefficient. To land a spacecraft vertically requires a huge amount of fuel.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAllTheSame

That may be true but to land horizontally destroys the rocket.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

If all you're trying to achieve is conservation of the rocket you could simply use chutes. But that's not all they want to achieve, methinks. BTW: any conspiracy theorist out here that thinks Musk is a stool pigeon for TPTB to keep us convinced there is no anti-gravity engine?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
How do astronauts dismount from atop such a tall spacecraft?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv

Rebel 5

Unfortunately not. I've received several nasty comments on my videos about this launch claiming that it's fake. There are too many reality-denying conspiracy theorists out there for it to bring us together. Anyway, here's my behind the scenes video from launch day. I even got to be in the room during the post-flight debrief. Just an incredible experience to be there as history was being made on Friday.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAllTheSame
While I applaud the extensive engineering that went into this venture, the process seems inefficient. To land a spacecraft vertically requires a huge amount of fuel.

Fuel is cheap. The rocket itself is expensive. And due to the rocket equation, you get the most delta-V per kg out of the last few kg's of fuel.
edit on 11-4-2016 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Just an incredible experience to be there as history was being made on Friday.

Thanks for sharing your vid ... Majestic launch of an exciting future for all of us

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It is quite an achievement. I mean it's been 50 years of basically unchanging rocket engineering by governments and now we have a private company (SpaceX) re-engineering space travel since 2002 and making fantastically quick strides.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is what men can accomplish when they concentrate on science instead of the ridiculous ufos, planet x, 9-11 conspiracies, moon hoaxes , believing the earth is flat etc...

We are all wasting time posting on this forum instead of helping to change the world like Elon and his staff are. I need to change my life...

Kusod to you SpaceX. Damn impressive.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter

originally posted by: rebelv

Rebel 5

Unfortunately not. I've received several nasty comments on my videos about this launch claiming that it's fake. There are too many reality-denying conspiracy theorists out there for it to bring us together. Anyway, here's my behind the scenes video from launch day. I even got to be in the room during the post-flight debrief. Just an incredible experience to be there as history was being made on Friday.

Great video mate. Very very cool.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I still don't get how they are going to get through the Van Allen Radiation Belts…

and I don't buy that the means is going to be "explosive" tech like this rocket…

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mouthfullofkefirgrains

I still don't get how they are going to get through the Van Allen Radiation Belts…

and I don't buy that the means is going to be "explosive" tech like this rocket…

My guess is the same way apollo did?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
This is what men can accomplish when they concentrate on science instead of the ridiculous ufos, planet x, 9-11 conspiracies, moon hoaxes , believing the earth is flat etc...

We are all wasting time posting on this forum instead of helping to change the world like Elon and his staff are. I need to change my life...

Kusod to you SpaceX. Damn impressive.

To bad they forgot to engineer a way to get the thing off the floating landing pad.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think Elon's greatest accomplishment for Space X, is not only the particular missions, but just the fact that he has a ongoing functional space program/operations that seems independent of NASA for the most part.

I believe it is likely NASA operations have been hampered and limited by the Government and the extraterrestrial/domestic alien race who impose restrictions on them.

edit: aww.. guess they are using NASA equipment and operations after all. Well any amount of independence/autonomy is good..

----

Comment on the rocket landing: It's interesting that the landing module is a rocket. It's like trying to land a pencil upright. Anyone know the details on how they re-entered the atmosphere? Such as the speed and angle of entry.. thanks.
edit on 11-4-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join