It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live action movie based on?...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Your favorite Japanimation. Book. Saturday morning cartoon.

No movie sequels, please. Unless it's a remake of a really crappy one...I mean, really crappy.

My first five, and others may occur to me, are...

1) Marine Boy

What's not to love?

2) Thundarr the Barbarian

3) Johnny Quest*

4) Princess Mononoke*

5) Space Battleship Yamato a/k/a StarBlazers*

These were some of my faves as a kid, and what the hell, I still love 'em.

Space Battleship Yamato has been made into a live action movie, but I'd like to see a major studio do it up right.

Remember...

You can use books, I suppose even old TV shows, comic books, though that's kinda been done to death...but some lesser known books...

What's fun is... No one is wrong!!!

edit on 4/8/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/8/2016 by seagull because: * If you can get the links to download, more power to you. Youtube apparently doesn't like me.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Part of me wants a remake of the Dragonball movie but then again, maybe it should just stay as anime because wow, that movie is god awful! God awful! But there was a silver lining to it's awfulness, because it was so bad the creator of Dragonball created the awesome DBZ movie Battle of the Gods which sparked a brand new series and manga, Dragonball Super.

Now what I definitely want to see made into live action is either Voltron or Gundam Wing. After watching Pacific Rim I need more giant ass kicking mech suits in my life, and I need it now!!! Imagine my despair when I learned Pacific Rim 2 was cancelled.

:sadface:
edit on 8-4-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Jonny quest would be a great tv show.
Other than that maybe archer.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Robotech is my vote.
With less Minmei...
edit on 8pmppAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by jappee because: I hate Minmei

And as I use the interwebs to check my spelling of Minmei, It seems Sony already has something in the works.
edit on 8pmppAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by jappee because: (no reason given)

edit on 8pmppAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by jappee because: I mispelled Minmei after i looked up the spelling ..argh i hate her

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Anime: The Big O (giant fighting robot)

80's cartoon: Dungeons & Dragons

Book: Prince of Nothing series

Comic Book: Elfquest

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

A live action version of Akira would be a dream come true providing they didn't deviate from the story

Fist of the North Star would be nice too

Legend of the Four Kings HBO series would work, same with Devilman (Debiruman)

Princess Mononoke is a good call though

One I'd love to see live action but I believe would be impossible to pull off successfully due to it being so insane would be Paprika

Others worth a mention would be Appleseed, Ghost in the Shell and Full Metal Alchemist

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

So much YES to D&D.

Also, nobody said Voltron yet.

That, and Exo-Squad

Edit to Add: Berzerker
edit on 8-4-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Ninja Scroll
Ghost In The Shell

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Also, when in the heck are they going to make a movie trilogy based on Arthur C. Clark's "Rama" books?

I think Morgan Freeman of all people tried to get something going about ten years ago.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I'd forgotten about that one.

That's one I'd like to see, as well.

I'd like to see LOTR done, again, too. While I enjoyed it, all the missing stuff was rather jarring. Should have been six movies, not three.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech
Absolutely.
I am ashamed to not have thought of Akira, Ghost in the Shell, And Full Metal Achemist..the dishonor is great.

I had heard rumors of a live action Akira in talks from years past, but must assume it hasn't made it far.

Also here is this from IMDB
Ghost in the Shell (2017)
Supposed to release 14 April 2017 (USA)
With Scarlett Johansson as Motoko Kusanagi (a good assumtion)
I have to wait to see if it does the anime justice or ???

A live action of Full Metal Alchemist is ripe for Hollywood and would be epic if done correctly.

I just thought of a few more..
Trigun
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Beebop
(again I hang my head in shame)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
How about Rocket Robin Hood?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

OMG!!

That'd be an absolutely great movie...

Wouldn't matter good or bad, it'd be an instant cult classic. Right up there with Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Death Note and Prince of Tennis

m.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: eluryh22

I'd like to see LOTR done, again, too. While I enjoyed it, all the missing stuff was rather jarring. Should have been six movies, not three.

I didn't read the books but have you seen the super-duper-extended editions of the movies? I haven't but I hear there is TONS in there to satisfy those that were longing for elements in the book that weren't in the theatrical releases.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Japanimation wise, I reckon the Cybercity Oedo 808 movies could make a good live action flick. Most the others mentioned sound good too, especially Ninja Scroll and Ghost in the Shell. Interested to hear GITS is being made.

A couple of books I've been dying to see make the big screen are Neuromancer by Wiliam Gibson, and the Altered Carbon trilogy by Richard Morgan. The latter has actually been optioned twice by Joel Silver (the producer of the Matrix), so fingers crossed it will eventually be made.

Heres the blurb -

It's the twenty-fifth century, and advances in technology have redefined life itself. A person's consciousness can now be stored in the brain and downloaded into a new body (or "sleeve"), making death nothing more than a minor blip on a screen. Onetime U.N. Envoy Takeshi Kovacs has been killed before, but his last death was particularly painful. Resleeved into a body in Bay City (formerly San Francisco), Kovacs is thrown into the dark heart of a shady, far-reaching conspiracy that is vicious even by the standards of a society that treats existence as something that can be bought and sold. For Kovacs, the shell that blew a hole in his chest was only the beginning.

edit on 8-4-2016 by AbdulAlhazred because: speeling

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Big O always reminded me of Batman...

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
There's a lot from our childhood that is just too damn dated to do anything with:

Space Ghost? They did well with Harvey Birdman though. That was funny as hell.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Thundercats:

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom:

Black Lagoon:

Voltron:

edit on 8-4-2016 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Just chiming in to say I called Voltron first. Nah nah nah-nah nah.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join