It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican staffer quit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I understand that people break the law and ya know, if someone is irresponsible enough to drive illegally without a license or insurance, I'm not real sure they're responsible enough to be allowed a vote. Remember, these are the rules of this society you often toot the horn about. Having a legal ID is a condition of one's contract with society, and participation in that contract comes with social responsibilities. If somebody wants to vote for their leaders laissez-faire style with no strings attached, then they can feel free to go buy a chunk of property from some third world willing to sell to them and form their own nation where everybody can vote early and often and not have to show any identification or prove their validity at the polls ever. Otherwise, they can STFU, stifle the BS excuses, and go obtain a state issued ID if they wish to exercise their right to vote.

(see what I did there?)

edit on 8-4-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FullBloodedNative

The ID law is one way the republicans are trying suppress votes. Republicans are also pushing for redistricting in 33 states.

Redistricting encourages manipulation of our elections. It allows incumbent politicians to help partisan allies, hurt political enemies and choose their voters before the voters choose them. The current process is used as a means to further political goals by drawing boundaries to protect incumbents and reduce competition, rather than to ensure equal voting power and fair representation.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I don't have a problem with showing an ID to vote.

See, I don't buy into an entire "side" of things...

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

When you get your ID at the DMV what else do you do while there?

Register to vote.

Why wouldn't people be encouraged to get an ID and register to vote IN PERSON?

Instead, we have a new effort to register people to vote online.

And, BTW, a few years ago, I found that the group behind the online voter registration system used in many states and by Rock the Vote is tied to a major political scandal -- the OSDV 'Trust the Vote' project.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

The ID law is one way the republicans are trying suppress votes. Republicans are also pushing for redistricting in 33 states.

Redistricting encourages manipulation of our elections. It allows incumbent politicians to help partisan allies, hurt political enemies and choose their voters before the voters choose them. The current process is used as a means to further political goals by drawing boundaries to protect incumbents and reduce competition, rather than to ensure equal voting power and fair representation.

If republicans are suppressing the vote with voter ID laws, then democrats are suppressing voter registration by not encouraging people to go get an ID and register to vote while they are there.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

If republicans are suppressing the vote with voter ID laws, then democrats are suppressing voter registration by not encouraging people to go get an ID and register to vote while they are there.

ETA: Let me clarify that. I think both parties are colluding to manipulate both voter-registration and the vote.

Gore, Bush, Kerry...Jeb, Blackwell, ACORN...they all worked hand-in-hand to initiate election reforms that made our voter-registration & election systems less-secure.

They aren't scheming against each other, they are scheming against the voters.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Absolutely redistricting is by far the most prevelant way to suppress an opposing party. You draw the lines so that the undesired party is limited. This carries more weight in state and local elections than national tho.

Considering how many things require a legal ID it is understandable that the majority of illegals would not have one.

And for the CA. employee, all he had to do is cast an absentee ballot.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
Absolutely redistricting is by far the most prevelant way to suppress an opposing party.

The parties aren't opposed though. They are in collusion against the voters.

The evidence says so. Their records say so. The party divide is just an illusion.

The parties work together to screw Americans out of their votes and out of their money.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

People without ID drive ALL the time. People buy booze and cigs ALL the time without ID. You just have to know where to go. People without ID know these places, and go there. 

Yes.
So where are all the people bitching about laws requiring ID's to buy cigarettes, alcohol, cigarettes, prescription drugs?
I don't think that you will find too many illegal pharmacies filling doctors prescriptions for blood pressure medications. Yet, if I am one of those people that find it too difficult to obtain an ID, I could die from lack of my prescription medication.
Ever see a thread complaining about the requirement of an ID to get a prescription filled?
Yet we are often treated to threads complaining about someone not being able to vote because the extreme difficulty of obtaining an ID. Not voting is so much more hazardous than being denied your medication, apparently.

See what a political BS job the complainers are pulling?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

The Republican party didn't stop him from voting. He can thank "The Real ID Act" for that.

I did a whole thread on it way back when I went to renew my Ga driving license.

Enjoy!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Des

edit on 8-4-2016 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: smurfy

What would prevent a person from voting in one state and then going to another and voting there? For all they knew, he had voted in California or was planning to which would give him two votes. That is why they wanted him officially registered as now living and legal in Wisconsin. It's not like the Federal register is different than the state ones.

And before you complain how unlikely that is consider who many major cities straddle two states: St. Louis and Kansas City for two which affect Illinois, Kansas and Missouri between them.

I said nationally not state, a one time vote from an identified national ID, it's a legalese system which doesn't consider who the person is, just the credentials, you could include a SS number there. That's why I said ,"if you get the drift"
It may not prevent impersonation though, but that is a different matter because nothing is perfect.
Thing is, so often one regime negates another, ask a postman when so many people don't have a visual house number, just for instance.
So my point here is that the second paragraph in the OP has nothing much to do with the first paragraph per se,
But also that there are finer points in that paragraph to consider like in the demographics of a particular state it seems, nothing in the face to do with politics in particular unless you can prove otherwise.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: liveandlearn
Absolutely redistricting is by far the most prevelant way to suppress an opposing party.

The parties aren't opposed though. They are in collusion against the voters.

The evidence says so. Their records say so. The party divide is just an illusion.

The parties work together to screw Americans out of their votes and out of their money.

Of course you're right. So why do I keep falling for this?

That alone makes this thread a moote point.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
... it's all BS and this guy is just "sour grapes" and trying to cause controversy over a personal grudge.

Aaarrrggghhhh!! You 'stole' it from me.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I still have a difficult time understanding WTF contribution "low income" or "minority" makes to the ease or difficulty of obtaining an ID. When you throw in the fact that you're required to show the same ID to buy tobacco, booze, drive, get medical care, view an apartment for rental, obtain ANY degree of public service, etc... I just find it really difficult to buy this BS that voter ID somehow disenfranchises anyone who really wishes to vote AND is legally eligible to do so.

For clarification: In Alaska we have to show a drivers license or other state/agency issued ID, a federal ID, hunting or fishing license, or a passport to actually vote. To my knowledge, everyone eligible to vote in this state possesses one or more of those items. Hell, just to register for voting in this state requires one of them. Nobody has groused about it and believe me, if minorities or low income folks were harmed by it in this state, we'd hear about it. Oh Lord would we ever hear about it :rolleyes:, incesssantly... bitching and whining... non-stop... we'd hear about it.

The whole issue is just like many we are confronted with on a daily basis that absolutely does not mean a darn thing unless criminal intent is evolved. Gotta figure I suppose no I.D. would make it easier for buss loads of people who are legally not supposed to vote in the first place ? It is a B.S. subject !

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

edit on 122016301204201612 by Gothmog because: cant seem to get the quote right

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

If you are too stupid to get an ID you are too stupid to vote.

Seriously, get a damn ID if you want to vote.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

If you are too stupid to get an ID you are too stupid to vote.

Seriously, get a damn ID if you want to vote.

www.activistpost.com...

Although the so-called “moral Issues” were raised, in view of the law of natural selection it was agreed that a nation or world of people who will not use their intelligence are no better than animals who do not have intelligence. Such a people are beasts of burden and steaks on the table by choice and consent. [CJF emphasis added]

CONSEQUENTLY, in the interest of future world order, peace, and tranquility, it was decided to privately wage a quiet war against the American public with an ultimate objective of permanently shifting the natural and social energy (wealth) of the undisciplined and irresponsible many into the hands of the self-disciplined, responsible, and worthy few.

The quality of education given to the lower class must be of the poorest sort, so that the meat of ignorance isolating the the inferior class from the superior class is and remains incomprehensible to the inferior class. With such an initial handicap, even bright lower class individuals have little if any hope of extricating themselves from their assigned lot in life. This form of slavery is essential to maintaining some measure of social order, peace, and tranquility for the ruling upper class.

Maybe the great NWO plan is working,no ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join