It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter is giving you unprecedented views of the Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saint Exupery

originally posted by: Ove38
Ok, could you show me, a 1969 picture of the landing site, having all the details seen below ? Double crater is extremely detailed, show me a 1969 picture of the Double crater having the same details.

Ove, are you just completely incapable of doing any real research yourself? Apollo 11 only shot three rolls on the lunar surface: Magazines 37, 39 & 40. I found more than a dozen photos of the double crater at very high resolution. I found them on three different sites in less than a minute.

Look 'em up yourself or admit you're just trolling.

vvvvvvv See my sig line. vvvvvvv

But can't show me any of them ? The 1978 map of the Double crater is obviously made from an aerial image, that has better resolution than the 2013 LRO images

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Ove38

No, it is made using photogrammetry. He also told you exactly how you could find the images from which the photogrammetry was done, and I even did you the courtesy of providing you with one.

USGS already had a very basic idea of where things were thanks to Lunar Orbiter, and the ground photographs, 16mm and TV provided the detail.

How else are you suggesting they got the information, or haven't you thought that through yet?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

No, it is made using photogrammetry. He also told you exactly how you could find the images from which the photogrammetry was done, and I even did you the courtesy of providing you with one.

USGS already had a very basic idea of where things were thanks to Lunar Orbiter, and the ground photographs, 16mm and TV provided the detail.

How else are you suggesting they got the information, or haven't you thought that through yet?

It's not possible to make this detailed 1978 map of the Double crater from your surface images.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Outright hand-waving such as this serves no purpose and proves nothing. Provide some proof of your claim.

The go do some research on photogrammetry. Go look at Apollo 11's surface images. That crater was photographed from several angles.

And I'll ask you again, how else do you think they produced it?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What about pyramids and monoliths? There's one on the moon of Mars.

Some have pointed out these artifacts, in the real pics from the moon
satellite.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
LRO just took this insane image of Tycho crater a few days ago: lroc.sese.asu.edu...

Here's a closeup of the crater's central peak:

Magnificent oblique view of the eastern side of Tycho's central peak acquired when the Sun was relatively high above the horizon. From the viewpoint of LROC the Sun was behind and a bit to the north, so shadows are mostly hidden, thus subtle changes in surface brightness dominate the scene. Image width ~8 km, north is to the right, M1167178525LR [NASA/GSFC/Arizona State University].

Full-scale crop showing the house-sized boulder sitting directly at the top of the peak:

The link I gave includes the full image that you can zoom in, and that should provide for lots of curious "exploration".

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to pick my jaw back from the ground.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ove38

It's not possible to make this detailed 1978 map of the Double crater from your surface images.

What you really mean us it would not be possible for you !

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Just for fun, seeing as there's a nice picture of Tycho, I made a 3D model of Tycho's central peak using Japanese data. You can download it here:

www.dropbox.com...

Unzip the file and open the html file that's in there. Hold left or right mouse buttons to zoom and pan around.

Have fun

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

no chance I'm downloading that

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

Download it, don't download it.

Or make it yourself:

onebigmonkey.com...

Educate yourself, or don't. Whatever.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Just for fun, seeing as there's a nice picture of Tycho, I made a 3D model of Tycho's central peak using Japanese data. You can download it here:

www.dropbox.com...

Unzip the file and open the html file that's in there. Hold left or right mouse buttons to zoom and pan around.

Have fun

I had fun playing around with it.

Here's a red-green stereo image I made from it:

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join