It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Primary Axiom or Evolution is just a lie and should be replaced by Intelligent Design

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

No you didn't. You posted RELIGIOUS science.

If you were truly following your religion you wouldn't be here right now preaching to us and worshipping Jesus (which is something he said NOT TO DO).

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Please stop with the nonsense post. You're clogging up the thread with your opinion about whether others should respond or not.

Why have you been on this thread for 30 or 40 pages if it's a waste of time? Go to another thread and let others debate the issue who want to debate the issue.

one, the post in question is arguably very accurate.

two, this is not a debate. it never was. nor were any of the other threads i linked in that post. but if you would like to start an actual, formal debate, then there is a forum here for that.
edit on 27-4-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

This has never been a debate.

It's been you religious fundies trying to disprove science and failing so badly that we just sit and laugh.

Why do you think we let you do it? Because it's better than watching cats on YouTube.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

If you were truly following your religion you wouldn't be here right now preaching to us and worshipping Jesus (which is something he said NOT TO DO).

What???

Please stop clogging up the thread. If you have an issue to debate then debate. It's a 47 page thread and this back and forth is just silly and it has nothing to do with the thread. What is religious science evolution?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
a reply to: peter vlar

More blather. You said:

People keep asking you for valid scientific evidence that supports your position. Why? Because you have failed to do so.

I guess we're at the part of the thread where people claim there hasn't been any scientific evidence presented for 47 pages yet they haven't been able to refute any of the evidence presented for 47 pages.

Why are you guys on this thread if there hasn't been any evidence presented for 47 pages? That makes you look kind of silly doesn't it?

Of course evidence has been presented but because you can't refute it, you have now begun the silly asking for evidence after 47 pages of discussion like what has been presented in 47 pages should then be listed again in one post. It's nonsense but it shows how weak your position is.

When I say WE, I'm talking about others that have presented very strong evidence like cooperton or whereislogic. Mountains of evidence has been presented throughout this thread but I'm sure you will ask, where is the evidence after 47 pages of discussion of the evidence presented.

Also, your nonsense about the word debate shows you're grasping at straws. This is a debate in a discussion forum. What's the definition of debate?

de·bate (dĭ-bāt′)
v. de·bat·ed, de·bat·ing, de·bates
v.intr.
1. To consider something; deliberate.
2. To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.
3. To engage in a formal discussion or argument. See Synonyms at discuss.
4. Obsolete To fight or quarrel.
v.tr.
1. To deliberate on; consider.
2. To dispute or argue about.
3. To discuss or argue (a question, for example) formally.
4. Obsolete To fight or argue for or over.
n.
1. A discussion involving opposing points; an argument.
2. Deliberation; consideration: passed the motion with little debate.
3. A formal contest of argumentation in which two opposing teams defend and attack a given proposition.
4. Obsolete Conflict; strife.

This is clearly a debate about a subject on a discussion forum. There's formal debates and informal debates and guess what, THERE BOTH DEBATES

An informal debate can be two people on the corner debating about whose the greates Quarterback in the history of the NFL.

The fact that you're whining about me using the word debate shows how weak your argument is. You said:

You do realize that you're the only one posting here thst thinks this is a debate right? A debate is moderated and has formal rules.

Again, just nonsense. I was recently at the Barbershop and they were debating whether Kyrie Irving is better than PG than Russell Westbrook. So the fact that you even bring something like this up shows you're grasping at straws because you can't refute the evidence.

It's cute how you ignore a request for information and to pose a question regarding TATA that I missed in huge conflagration this thread has become and go right for the ad hominem.

The bottom line is that what you somehow think is evidence, let alone mountains of it, wouldn't be allowed in an 8th grade book report let alone your self proclaimed debate. Why nt repost your TATA question?

All you've done for 4 dozen pages is repeat the same garbage in garbage out routine. Out of context quote mines, self contradictory statements and nt an iot of your own words in there and laughable sources that are so filled with confirmation bias that I can smell the sewage through my iPad. You wouldn't know what to do with the science if it gave you a lap dance. Typical YEC crap with blistering ignorance as to how the world outside of church works. Best of luck to you since you have absolutely no interest in learning anything ant the natural world.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

What???

Please stop clogging up the thread. If you have an issue to debate then debate. It's a 47 page thread and this back and forth is just silly and it has nothing to do with the thread. What is religious science evolution?

DISCUSSIONS happen in a DISCUSSION forum.

DEBATES happen in a DEBATE forum.

I'll give you a hint. This isn't a debate forum.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Do all you guys read from the same playbook? This is a debate.

de·bate (dĭ-bāt′)
v.intr.
v.tr.
n.
3. A formal contest of argumentation in which two opposing teams defend and attack a given proposition.

There was another Poster who said the exact same thing as you. I'm starting to think some of you guys are the same posters on different accounts.

A debate can occur with two people on the corner debating who will win the NBA Championship.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

The disagreement on what constitutes a debate separates people who want to learn and educate themselves from people who rush to dictionary.com to show their moral superiority but have no interest in learning anything outside of their insular paradigm.

ETA just to clarify so that I don't come off as an intellectual elitist, it's like arguing the difference between the definitions of a Scientific Theory and a layman a version of theory which is the equivalent of when Scooby Doo and the gang get a hunch while solving a mystery.

edit on 27-4-2016 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

What???

UNBELIEVABLE!!

3 of you guys have made the same silly debate argument. This is just silly. There's formal and informal debates. This is a debate on a discussion forum. Two women DEBATING the best nail color in a Salon is a debate.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

de·bate (dĭ-bāt′)
v.intr.
v.tr.
n.

There was another Poster who said the exact same thing as you. I'm starting to think some of you guys are the same posters on different accounts.

A debate can occur with two people on the corner debating who will win the NBA Championship.

but it is not a FORMAL debate.

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: TerryDon79

The disagreement on what constitutes a debate separates people who want to learn and educate themselves from people who rush to dictionary.com to show their moral superiority but have no interest in learning anything outside of their insular paradigm.

see, peter gets it. you are making this so much more complicated than it should be.
edit on 27-4-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

de·bate (dĭ-bāt′)
v.intr.
v.tr.
n.

So what, it's a debate.

The fact that you have to whine about the word debate shows how weak your argument is. I thought you were tired of posting on this thread. Why do you keep making these Asinine comments that have nothing to do with the DEBATE?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

de·bate (dĭ-bāt′)
v.intr.
You don't because Goddidit

You don't raise opposing points. You just say our points are wrong

This isnt a formal discussion board. It's an informal discussion board

Obsolete means that it is no longer used in that context

n.

The rest is just regurgitated so my first few answers apply for the rest

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

de·bate (dĭ-bāt′)
v.intr.
v.tr.
n.

So what, it's a debate.

The fact that you have to whine about the word debate shows how weak your argument is. I thought you were tired of posting on this thread. Why do you keep making these Asinine comments that have nothing to do with the DEBATE?

your inability to grasp the difference between a conversation and a formal debate is exactly why.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

What???

UNBELIEVABLE!!

3 of you guys have made the same silly debate argument. This is just silly. There's formal and informal debates. This is a debate on a discussion forum. Two women DEBATING the best nail color in a Salon is a debate.

False. They would be discussing the nail colour, not debating.

Debates generally have set rules and guidelines to follow. This has been (at best) a discussion.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

de·bate (dĭ-bāt′)
v.intr.
v.tr.
n.

So what, it's a debate.

your inability to grasp the difference between a conversation and a formal debate is exactly why.

Who said it was a formal debate? It's a debate and please stop with this nonsense. You have been here for 30 or 40 pages saying nothing and then you're upset because people are posting on the thread and then you keep posting on the thread.

Just leave or debate the issues on these 47 pages not a debate about the word debate.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

What???

UNBELIEVABLE!!

False. They would be discussing the nail colour, not debating.

Debates generally have set rules and guidelines to follow. This has been (at best) a discussion.

I hope the moderators come in and erase your post again. Stop clogging up this thread with a debate about the word debate. People debate things all the time both formal and informal.

This thread isn't about the word debate. So debate the issues or leave.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

It's not a debate about the word debate lol.

It's showing you how you're wrong about using the word debate when the correct word is discussion.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

The fact that you have so little understanding of MES that you think that attaching the creation of the universe or origin of life to it as the "primary axiom" destroyed your own argument from the word go. The 'primary axiom' of Modern Evolutionary Synthesis is change in allele frequency over time. Evolution has nothing to do with Abiogenesis, Panspermia, Big Bang or any other BS addendum you wish to include. You only further compound the issue of not understanding the scientific discipline you so abhor when you use jon science to support your confirmation bias and willful ignorance. It's sad when you get right down to it. I don't blame you. I blame the farce that education has become the last few decades.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Here the crux of your problem is apparent. You don't know what evidence is. Evidence is something quantifiable, measurable, not here say, not belief based. When you present actual evidence, I will discuss it.

When we've posted evidence (in the form of peer reviewed papers) you dodge it, or ask for a summary. You claim you will not "go fish", except you don't understand, the papers are themselves stand alone. They contain all you need to know, to discuss it. If only you would read them.

So yes you are playing a silly game, this is one of several threads where you play these games. In hope your belief will be supported.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

And here we have another problem, you identify someone's spiritual (well lack of) affinity as something pertenant. We've explained to you, that there are many deeply spiritual individuals who understand evolution happens. Darwin was one, there have been other examples. Even Pope Francis agrees

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join