It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War is Boring back tracks on F35

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Up on War is Boring there is a warcollege podcast pretty much reversing their previous position on the F35. Perhaps FA can take a page out of their book.
edit on 8-4-2016 by Bfirez because: Fixed title

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
In the end this will be a great aircraft.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I don't know about great, but far better than doubters claim it will be.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

But will it be worth the expense ? That's the best to question to be asking

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

More than. Obviously I can't get into some details but there are a lot of hints out there about how useful it will be. The fact that this will be the only aircraft in the inventory capable of detecting an incoming AESA missile makes it worth the expense.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I think the cost can be justifies by the tech that needed to be ironed out in a platform of some kind. Tech that will be in every forthcoming platform the Air Force fields from here on out and if we hadn't spent the investment to get it all harmonious now on the F-35 it would have had to happen in the next platform.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

edit on 8-4-2016 by Stngray because: I was wrong

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
War is boring recently disabled all comments on their articles.

Well, not quite. You can post a comment, but it'll never turn up.

The blog has been little more than a rag for a while now.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Exactly this, the F-111 was a troublesome dud, but it was arguably the first 4th Generation fighter and the troublesome tech that GD painfully teethed into existence during its rocky development and intro were exactly the things that would go on to make the F-14, F-15, F-16, and F-18 so deadly.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stngray

Got a link? He posted this on FA yesterday.

Okay, never mind. I just saw you edited your post.

edit on 4 8 2016 by Cohen the Barbarian because: updated

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

I think the cost can be justifies by the tech that needed to be ironed out in a platform of some kind. Tech that will be in every forthcoming platform the Air Force fields from here on out and if we hadn't spent the investment to get it all harmonious now on the F-35 it would have had to happen in the next platform.

Okay I am not an aerospace engineer, as some of you are, and my only real source of information is info graphs of the F35 but I have been excited by all the features and inherent capabilites listed. Yes, I read Dale Brown, and have been surprised how many of things I thought were fiction in those novels had already been done or is now standard gear. Brown has lead me expected tons of cool stuff from the f35. The fearless wing man is just start.

I am glad to hear that many people see the vision. Glad to hear the plane is "good". Glad to hear some one else realises that all this fiddling detail work needs to completed to enable the move to Gen 6.

Glad to post on discussion about the f35 that is not negative.

edit on 8-4-2016 by SmilingROB because: (editted for spellin')

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

F-111 was worth it just to see the dump and burn! 😎

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Cohen the Barbarian

Actually I wasn't wrong. He has a week left at FA. Then going to some other car site.

new topics

top topics

join