It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom DeLonge Will be on ATS to Answer Your Sekret Machines Questions: April 11, 2016

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
Thanks for all your hard work getting people on here for these interesting AMAs. Good job!

You are 100% correct. I can't stress that enough. Instead of websites wanting or demanding something from us, instead they just give.

Thank you.

Perhaps it's time for us as a community to pay up. If they can score these discussions for us for free, imagine what a small donation can get is. .....just saying. Let's hob knob with the best brains this earth can produce!

(post by Rosinitiate removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Let's hob knob with the best brains this earth can produce!

AMA with Elon Musk! That must be worth something!

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I would suggest you re-read the OP to figure out what this is really about... ;-)

I've been doing this for 35 years plus (the whole UFO thing) and I have met and become friends with some serious "insiders", but, Tom has spent his sizable resources of not only money, but HUMILITY and TIME, to get to the TRUTH of this enigmatic and mysterious topic in ways we mere mortals (me) never could.

Whether you think this is about selling a book (it's not) or not, if you have ANY interest in discovering what's truly happening, I'd honestly tell you that this is worth a look and an OPEN mind.

Springer...
edit on 4-7-2016 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

The book is from "the imagination" of the authors and is classed as a melding of fact & fiction so it's going to be tough to suss out what's "real" vs. make believe. That said, reading it as a thriller should work great.

I needed a bit more context in order to justify the book chapters download, and pose a question to the authors, here's an insightful review off Amazon:

“Sekret Machines scratches at the surface of “who do” we trust with our classified technology - certainly our adversaries are aware of our undertakings, as they are doing the same, but what of our citizens, our politicians, even our own military. Tom DeLonge and A.J. Hartley create a convincing narrative describing the “cat and mouse” game that is timeless between strategic adversaries. It has existed under the sea, on the surface of the earth and in its skies, why wouldn’t we believe it occurs in space. Our military leaders have been saying space is a contested environment for years now, perhaps we should believe them!” -Maj. Gen. Michael J. Carey - Special Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Space Command 

Source: www.amazon.com...

I'm looking forward to reading those free chapters tonight. Thanks, Skeptic Overlord.

ETA: Love blink182, saw them in concert a few times.
edit on 7-4-2016 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer

I would suggest you re-read the OP to figure out what this is really about... ;-)

I've been doing this for 35 years plus (the whole UFO thing) and I have met and become friends with some serious "insiders", but, Tom has spent his sizable resources of not only money, but HUMILITY and TIME, to get to the TRUTH of this enigmatic and mysterious topic in ways we mere mortals (me) never could.

Whether you think this is about selling a book (it's not) or not, if you have ANY interest in discovering what's truly happening, I'd honestly tell you that this is worth a look and an OPEN mind.

Springer...

Come on springer...really..

I think you misinterpreted what I was saying, or perhaps I lack the ability of verbalize my "feelings"

What I'm saying is, in the grand old universe of UFOlogy, there are heavy weights, there are noobs and there's ......me.

How does one go from unacknowledged to becoming a heavy weight? Money? Clout? Resources?

I've read a few books from Vallee for example, I watched his understanding grow. How do I go about even remotely guging how to address this AMA without buying the book?

See what mean? I am interested though but because you and SO spoke with him, ...well then, #. Must be ok.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Springer...

Excellent explanation... couldnt have said it any better!

here is the Tom DeLonge C2C interview, highly recommended to anyone who hasnt watched it yet, from an earlier thread.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Sounds awesome! I'm ready and waiting!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Let's hob knob with the best brains this earth can produce!

AMA with Elon Musk! That must be worth something!

Why not! There are brains well beyond my abilities. I'd be happy to read there questions and his/other responses.
another great example.

I no not of any other website that does this for their viewership.

These guys are breaking ground. Creating a whole new paradigm. Connecting great thinkers in an unconventional way.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I just spend over 4+ hours searching THOUSANDS of old Geocities websites that are now cached (since Geocities is no more).

Ahhhhhhhh! Flashbacks! I made a particularly terrible page back then, SO many animated gifs and random links. Terrible music. I thought I was super 1337.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I think it's worth pointing out that doing something like this is pretty risky career-wise, so I tend to think certain people that "come out of the closet" are probably pretty passionate.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Rock & Roll sounds good

Blink 182 isnt rock n roll

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Springer...

Springer, no need for you to explain. Tom may be a laughed at commentator by many, but those many pobably do not know him in the slightest. Blink 182 is one of the oldest punk bands in existence. The punk rock movement has always been a minority due to the beliefs it has, because they are right!. If you could ever set up a AMA with NOFX members that would be incredible.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Blink182 is not one of the oldest punk bands, they formed in the 90s and were part of the dying MTV actual music video genre (before reality programming dominated). That doesn't take away from the fact they make good music though.

Either way, I opted to listen to the C2C interview posted above over reading the book right now...I'm 45 minutes in and Tom DeLonge is very compelling and energic on this topic. I'm looking forward to this AMA now. Ok....back to listening.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Jason88

Well, The Sex Pistols & Velvet Underground are way, WAY older. Those guys pioneered some of the first music to be considered "punk".

Blink 182 was part of (and helped create) a new wave of what was considered 'pop punk' during the 90's ... they followed a punk revival in the USA by bands Rancid and Operation Ivy.

Blink 182 though pioneered a new "sound" that was emulated by a TON of bands through the 90's and beyond. Blink 182 paved the way for groups like Sum 41, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, MXPX and others.

Yeah. I kind of dig punk music.
edit on 7-4-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
How did they know nobody would like me when I was 23?

Thats when I joined ATS under this name

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I was listening to Iggy Pop this morning in the car so I hear ya I'm a fan too. I was just taking issue with the semantics of saying Blink 182 is the oldest. That's all.

Sounds like Tom DeLonge has new music coming out with his Sekret Machines multimedia venture. That should be interesting maybe he'll give us a sneak peek.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

We've ALWAYS liked you Lysergic.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I like him too, he is one of my favorite ATS pets.

*pats and ruffles Lysergics hair*

As for the AMA, I can't wait !

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
glp aint got nothing on ats.

i cant wait! very excited.
edit on 8-4-2016 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join