It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We want REASONS for God!!!!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Ok, but what reason do you have for believing such a thing? Could not an omnipotent being grant us this knowledge

Small pieces of the puzzle, and very small pieces like the material used to make the first piece small. There is no way the human mind could even begin to grasp elementary concepts that are common even to the ones whom are closed to Father.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I just want to know why an all powerful god experiences a petty emotion like pride and demands that things IT created worship it. Oh then it tells its creations not to have that emotion, but SPECIFICALLY makes humans so that pride is a VERY compelling emotion and hard to resist.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Pride? lol

What about Jealousy?

At least pride can be positive in some aspects...

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I just want to know why an all powerful god experiences a petty emotion like pride and demands that things IT created worship it. Oh then it tells its creations not to have that emotion, but SPECIFICALLY makes humans so that pride is a VERY compelling emotion and hard to resist.

You'd be surprised as how above views what religions teaches people here.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Pride? lol

What about Jealousy?

At least pride can be positive in some aspects...

Well we can just go all day with this one. Anger and wrath as well. I mean God's violence fetish is a TAD disturbing...

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jhill76

I'm not sure what that meant, but does that mean you can answer the dilemma I just posed?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm not sure what that meant, but does that mean you can answer the dilemma I just posed?

Meaning, not all things written in that book or what the pastor on Sunday tells you is what truly is. You are just getting how man perceived God.

Worship is not required either. In a true relationship, their is no hierarchy.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

So if the preacher is wrong and the bible is wrong, how do we know what is right? Why god at all? Didn't we declare the bible to be untrue just now? Or are only selective parts of it wrong? Well which parts? Too many inconsistencies.

It's cryptic speak like yours that gets the gullible, but I demand concrete answers. I want evidence and all the of the many inconsistencies and impossibilities are cleared up I cannot accept its existence. The ultimate being the circular logic of how god's existence can be confirmed in the bible which is true because this very god said so.

I am, however, willing to entertain the possibility of an unknown and indescribable force out there, possibly intelligent, that we don't know about. Maybe it even is this god of yours. I just want physical proof of existence before I believe in first though. Not words and feelings.

WHY does this remain the one thing that is too much to ask for from your god? People have been talking and talking and talking for thousands of years about god and his existence, but this ONE thing that would solve ALL of that, god refuses to indulge in to his creations that he supposedly loves and cherishes deeply. I mean what's so damn hard about a, "Hey what's up guys? It's me god. Yeah. I still exist. Don't forget about me. K. Bye!" every once in a while?

And don't give me anything about god presenting himself to people (believers) all the time. If god can do anything, he should know EXACTLY what kind of evidence would be required to satisfy any disbelievers. But hey, forget the disbelievers, how about all the holy wars? He could totally put a stop to all the mindless killing in his name. Especially since all THREE of the religions that worship said god are at each other's throats near constantly. A simple. "Hey, uh guys.... *points at a specific religion* that one. That's the one I want you to follow. Remember! I still exist! K. Bye!" would suffice. He could maybe throw in a few emojis. Depends on how he is feeling that century.
edit on 18-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

That's the thing. If God is all powerful and capable of the miracles ascribed to him in the bible then all it would take is for God to present himself to the world and perform a giant miracle and then I'm pretty sure everyone would become a believer. It would absolutely transform the entire world and stop so many atrocities. But since the development of our modern science and technology God seems to have taken a sideline. Why?

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join