It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESPN Host Wears ‘Caucasians’ Shirt to Call Out Cleveland Indians Logo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

People still watch baseball?

Indeed. In fact, some of us actually still get off the couch and play the game, too.

Friendly competition is still alive and well, despite the best efforts of some to eradicate it.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Here's the University of Northern Colorado:

truestory

ETA: context
edit on 4/8/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Either you're being sarcastic or lack reading comprehension skills, you tell me.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

They do. Are you a fan of MLB? Or do you have a philosophical take on the home run numbers that should be followed by an asterisk?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

That is all. lol.!!

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Not a big fan, but i know plenty about the game. and i was a fairly successful athlete myself in a past life during high school and college. I have pretty strong feelings about steroids and strength training, and the effect on sports.

I have no issue with people taking steroids philosophically, other than they then mingle into sports arenas with people who don't. Take from a personal viewpoint: that sucks terribly bad. I sacrificed blood, sweat, tears, and more than a little vomit to make each and every little incremental gain. No shortcuts, just 5am workouts and 11pm bleacher runs every single day.

The asterisk thing....yes. but the web is so tangled that its not really even worth trying to do anything, honestly. If the league cracked down, they would lose every single reason for a fan to buy a ticket.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. And was regarding to the 'philosophy' on your personal viewpoint with respect to steroids - I imagine if they (athletes) all cannot use steroids/PEDs you have a 'philosophical' problem. Am I close? Appreciate the response.

ETA: Without coming across as a stalker, where are you in Texas? I'm in Austin. Not a native, but a big fan of Austin. Been to the very south (McAlllen), Deep east, and no further north of Dallas or any part of West Texas.
edit on 8-4-2016 by BeefNoMeat because: Sidebar and question

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

humans have a range of ability. Unless you are angus macaskill, anyway.

lets take cage fighting as an example, only for the sheer joy of its hyperbole: i step into a cage for a Friday night match. I have spent 8 hours a day training and staying clean. Meanwhile, Im fighting a guy who's juiced up and a total tank. His ability extends beyond the range that would be typical among your above average human.

a social contract has been violated here. The agreement is that i am fighting a human. not something a little more than human.

i don't care what people do with themselves. i do care about ethics, honesty, and integrity. Im not much of a realist in that regard, i know. But its still my principles.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Foundryman

Perhaps you've happened upon the real conspiracy - to move a few units of apparel.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Gotcha. I left an ETA for you on the previous post if you would so kindly oblige my curiosity.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I don't have a spare f%%% to give about this. I'm more amused that this guy thought white people would care than anything.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I do however disagree with the fact that we 'caucasians' are supposed to be blonde haired and blue eyed.

Most of "us" are just the opposite. Brown hair/brown eyes.

I have brown hair/green eyes myself...but I get aggravated the "Nordic" is the 'correct Caucasian" look.

Just whining...

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
I do however disagree with the fact that we 'caucasians' are supposed to be blonde haired and blue eyed.

Most of "us" are just the opposite. Brown hair/brown eyes.

I have brown hair/green eyes myself...but I get aggravated the "Nordic" is the 'correct Caucasian" look.

Just whining...

That would be the FIGHTING ARYANS!! lol!!

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Didn't they lose the world championship back in '45?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The very basis of MLB is based in cities and regional centers having baseball teams that played against other regional centers. The league is based on this regional dynamic.

This comes down to words vs intent in my estimation. The intent: teams are named after something endemic to a region. Sometimes that a Cowboy, sometimes its an Oiler, sometimes its an Indian. Some use animals from their area, too (Longhorn, Razorback, Gator, etc). Not all teams, mind you, because we also have team names like "Red Stockings", which came about as a nickname that fans gave them when they wore red socks at one game. most of those teams, from the original days of baseball, have gone through several name changes often changing names that were whollyunofficial (they were just a group of 10 dudes, afterall).

The only exceptions that I see:

- the Redskins, as a name, is a racial epithet. Im not bothered by it.;...but that is not the standard we should use. It should likely be changed, but I really don't care either way
- the fighting irish...same thing. likely should be changed, but i don't really care either way.

The long and the short of it: you don't make an name for yourself as a social justice warior by just fighting for racial equality. You have to find new fights to start. And that is what this is.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: yuppa

Didn't they lose the world championship back in '45?

Unfortunatly their head coach apparently shot himself. but this is only speculation since he was later seen elsewhere and the FBI had a file on him.

Yes so they had to forfeit to the Allied alliance team.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Would it be OK to have a shirt labeled "The Honkies"?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join