It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESPN Host Wears ‘Caucasians’ Shirt to Call Out Cleveland Indians Logo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
White Twitter Explodes after ESPN Host Wears ‘Caucasians’ Shirt to Call Out Cleveland Indians Logo

“This is the same thing that goes on with the logo for the Cleveland Indians, right? So to have a problem with the logo of this would be to have a problem with the Indians. But if you’re quiet about the Indians and now you got something to say about my shirt, I think it’s time for introspection.”

Now this is funny. Perfectly OK to use a minority as a mascot but do it to a white person, well now we got a problem. Idiots.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FullBloodedNative

There is a 'white Twitter™'? Who woulda thunk? I guess it is more divided than I thought? Now that I'm thinking about this... A piece having to do with race relations and they use "White Twitter" in the headlines? Isn't that what the kids call "click bait"?

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm a white guy and I actually kinda like that shirt. I tend to dress very blandly (never really big into logos or team emblems or anything) but I kinda like the shirt actually. I think it's funny.

Wait, am I supposed to be offended?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Who says it's a problem? I think it's awesome and where can I get one?

Too bad this stunt has been pulled before:
The Fighting Whites

And the stunt didn't work then either. It was an immediate sell out of all their shirts. People loved it.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'd buy them.

I enjoy irony.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I like that shirt! If they made one in Atlanta Braves colors and font that said "White Dudes" or something of that nature, with the Tomahawk switched into a pipe, I'd drop some bills on one.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I wasn't offended... should I be?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FullBloodedNative
Now this is funny. Perfectly OK to use a minority as a mascot but do it to a white person, well now we got a problem. Idiots.

I'd be utterly STUNNED if anyone actually got offended or pissed over this. It reeks of manufactured angst, likely generated by politically minded Twitter Twits who saw an opportunity to display mock outrage while supporting the idiotic idea that sports team mascots should be brought into compliance with modern PC emotional diarrhea.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Jackie Robinson is rolling in his grave.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Ever heard of the Boston Celtics?

A Yankee was also a derogatory name.

edit on 7-4-2016 by mkultra11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2016 by mkultra11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

Or the Notre Dame Fightin' Irish

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

White Twitter Explodes after ESPN Host Wears ‘Caucasians’ Shirt to Call Out Cleveland Indians Logo

“This is the same thing that goes on with the logo for the Cleveland Indians, right? So to have a problem with the logo of this would be to have a problem with the Indians. But if you’re quiet about the Indians and now you got something to say about my shirt, I think it’s time for introspection.”

Every white person I know thought it was hilarious.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Every white person I know thought it was hilarious.
That's what makes this funny (or funnier). This guy was expecting what exactly?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Just don't show this on a college campus.

The white folks there will probably poop themselves.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Just don't show this on a college campus.

The white folks there will probably poop themselves.

Don't worry. This type of wardrobe will NOT be allowed in any Safe Zones.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This is Bomani Jones. He claims the racist Redskins benched Robert Griffin III because he was black. He's made it very personal. This isn't about the Cleveland Indians. This is about his personal vendetta with the Redskins name. There's nothing new or cool about it. In the late eighties/early nineties the Redskins trademark was upheld in a federal suit. Name change won't happen. It's all about Bomani Jones. His cause is himself. Not even sure he would be authentic if the name was 'Blackies'. Jones is about Jones. Period.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Funny. When I looked at Twitter, it was mostly tweets about how Twitter "blew up" and minority posters talking about how angry white folks got over it. Not too many tweets from offended white folks that I saw.

Stoke that fire though, SJW.

#anotoffendedwhiteguy

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I just realized the white peeps are lacking the equivalent white Je$$e Jack$on and Al $harpton to $peak up in this so horrendou$ and appalling raci$t hate crime.

$tep up White People their is [s]money to be made[/s] ah I mean people to protect.

Get on the we must take everything offen$ively and fight every $tupid thing that come$ up.

edit on 13430America/ChicagoThu, 07 Apr 2016 20:13:21 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Talk about a storm-in-a-tea-cup!!

All this tells me is that if someone gets upset over the intent of this t-shirt then they have some underlying personal racial issues to address.

Likewise, if someone gets enjoyment from this t-shirt vis-a-vis watching others get upset over it in apparent hypocrisy, then that person also has some underlying racial issues to address.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This is Bomani Jones. He claims the racist Redskins benched Robert Griffin III because he was black. He's made it very personal. This isn't about the Cleveland Indians. This is about his personal vendetta with the Redskins name. There's nothing new or cool about it. In the late eighties/early nineties the Redskins trademark was upheld in a federal suit. Name change won't happen. It's all about Bomani Jones. His cause is himself. Not even sure he would be authentic if the name was 'Blackies'. Jones is about Jones. Period.

He's a race baiter that needs attention.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join